Dark Apotheosis resetting fury

So i started a new lock and am really enjoying it, but i could have sworn before todays patch dropping out of Dark Apotheosis did not reset your demonic fury to 200 yet it seems to now. I find at low level pvp this to be useful and then going from DA to full demon form when at high demon energy for burst, but it resets my Fury and i can't.

Am i imagining it? did leaving DA before today reset your Fury if it was above 200?
    Last edited by Dietrik; 2012-09-12 at 02:54 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're imagining it. When you pop from DA to Meta, it resets you to 200. It's been like this since the day 5.0.4 dropped.

Yup. Ostensibly it is so you can't PvP like that, building DF in DA then unloading tons of DPS as Meta with pretty much all instants and a constant 250% armor.
    Last edited by nightfalls; 2012-09-12 at 07:29 PM.

Thanks guys i must have been mixing up when i was and wasn't using the glyph.

Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    Yup. Ostensibly it is so you can't PvP like that, building DF in DA then unloading tons of DPS as Meta with pretty much all instants and a constant 250% armor.
    I don't see an issue with this.

and i thought thats more of a bug, also it takes like 2-3sec till it goes to 200
    still don't know why, since there is no tooltip or info that tells "leaving dark apo goes back to 200fury"

i kinda get that it's intended for pvp reasons but id still like a information about it somewhere or a change that it doesn't behave that way

Quote Originally Posted by silverhatred View Post
    I don't see an issue with this.
    Neither do I, except I guess it would make things too easy

the thing is, blizzard can fix it so that swapping from DA to meta works but they'd have to nerf something to stop it from being OP, though I think if they just increase the limit we can hold fury when swapping from DA to meta it would help pvp demo a lot, for example 500 fury limit.

I am fine with it how it is, I was just checking that i was not losing my mind...

EDIT: didn't read, I agree with the above it would be cool rather than reset, to set the maximum to 500. But how about if you use this glyph you have a permanent maximum demonic energy of 500-600 and no reset.
    Last edited by Dietrik; 2012-09-13 at 01:50 AM.

your edit -> no
    i like the glyph for fun/dungeons but i don't wana change it for every raid simply because it makes me have less fury
    but that da would got to 500 fury or someting would be cool. would make demopvp way better. don't realy like waiting for imps to pop demo form.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by darkminaz View Post
    your edit -> no
    i like the glyph for fun/dungeons but i don't wana change it for every raid simply because it makes me have less fury
    but that da would got to 500 fury or someting would be cool. would make demopvp way better. don't realy like waiting for imps to pop demo form.

I feel fury is right where it needs to be.

I made a post complaining about the same thing, but fact of the matter is you have to learn to build fury in different ways.

You dont have to wait for it to be at full, right now as it stands, i can two hit people with chaos wave, when the right CD's are popped. I think its fine. Just need to learn more.

Demonology isn't "Easy", it takes time to understand how the class as a whole works. Your meant to take lots of damage and heal for a lot as a Warlock giving you a fierce advantage when used properly.

Sad thing is, not a lot of people -know- the Warlock class like the back of their hand, which is kind of how you have to play it. To be a Warlock, you have to dedicate probably more time to that class than any other to get better.

Quote Originally Posted by paulywally View Post
    Sad thing is, not a lot of people -know- the Warlock class like the back of their hand, which is kind of how you have to play it. To be a Warlock, you have to dedicate probably more time to that class than any other to get better.
    I wouldn't say that's true. Definitely from a PvE perspective warlocks can be very, very difficult to master (although as discussed in another thread, easier to learn in MOP than Cata). But from a PvP standpoint, which is what you're talking about, pretty much all classes are difficult.

Think about it this way, you need to know your DPS abilities and how to use them against players, as well as your crowd controls, and your utility. For hybrids (priest and especially druids) you need to know ALL your specs/abilties... and more importantly, when and how to use them.

In general I find PvP requires players to truly know all of their class abilities and powers, far more than PvE requires, though in Mists I think utility comes into play more than DS, which was just 100% stand and burn DPS/healing checks.