New build finalistation (GPU help needed)

Hi all,

I've almost finalised my parts selection for my new build so thought I'd post it so hopefully some more knowledgeable builders could give it the once over in case I'm making any major mistakes.

• My budget is $2000 AUD.

• I am located in Melbourne, Australia and would prefer to buy my parts locally if possible for easy return if any problems arise. The past 3 systems I've built i've sourced 95% of the parts from http://www.msy.com.au/. They have a shop that is 5 minutes away from my house and the parts are relatively cheap compared with most places in Melbourne.

• I would like to run 2 x 24" monitors @ 1920x1080. I already have these.

• The PCs main uses will be:

Gaming (WoW/SC2/Diablo 3/Skrim/Battlefield 3/etc) - average 20 hours/week - I'd like to also be able to fraps games as well at a semi decent quality and possibly stream.
      Work stuff (engineering software - Solidworks/Matlab/AutoCAD) - average 10 hours/week - I do need to work on stuff from home occasionally.
      Media stuff (Photoshop/Premier/AA) - average 10 hours/week - I do a lot of photography work (amatuer freelance photog) and use premier to edit fraps videos for the net.

• I am not reusing any parts from my current build as this is being given to my parents for a family PC.

• I do need an OS and it's included in my build.

• I do not need peripherals as I will be using my current ones I have.

Current Build

• CPU i5 - 3750K $234
    • Motherboard Asus P8Z77-V $195
    • GPU 2G GTX 670 Gigabyte $459
    • RAM 16G Kit 1600(8Gx2) G.Skill RipJaws-X $88
    • SDD Intel SSD-330 SATA 3 120GB $102
    • HDD WD Black SATA 3 FAEX 2TB $179
    • CPU Cooler Noctua NH-D14 $84
    • Case Cooler Master HAF RC-912A $99
    • Disc Drive LG SATA Blue-Ray Writer $85
    • PSU Corsair HX750 $186
    • OS Windows 64 bit Home Premium $93
    • Software MS Office 2010 Home $94

Total: $1898

I need advice on GPUs.

Tossing up between the following:

-2GB ASUS GTX 660 Ti $379 Link
    -2GB Gigabyte GTX 670 $459 Link
    -2GB Asus GTX 670 $489 Link

The two 670s are very close in performance from all the reviews I've read. I would of gone all out on a EVGA FTW or Asus TOP edition one if they were closer in price but they're very hard to get in Melbourne and are around $720 from OS sites.

Does anyone have any massive rebuttals to these GPUs? Do I spend an extra $40 for the Asus over the GB. Do I cheap out and save $80 and go for the 660Ti and spend that $80 elsewhere (probably i7 3770K)?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Power

I've never owned a Gigabyte GPU, but I've had problems with their motherboards in the past. I'd probably go with the ASUS 670.

And no, don't save the $80 on a 660Ti and then spend it on an i7, the 3770K is a waste of money in a gaming PC.
    Last edited by noteworthynerd; 2012-09-12 at 03:57 PM.