Race Personalities

My main is a Rogue and i usually spec Subtlety or combat and how my character looks is VERY important to me. That said i like both the Worgen and Night Elf. Which race does the community like more in terms of armor looks on them and personality wise for being combat oriented and being a sneaky assassin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, I love them both.

Worgen look absolutely brutal, and I LOVE the combat animations. Stealth animations are acceptable.
    Night Elves are very much the lithe, agile, stealthy race, but the animations are lacking.

Basically what it boils down to in my opinion, is would you rather be very stealthy, or really savage?
    Quote Originally Posted by Puck View Post
    I find it quite disheartening that I got an erection just by reading "Cowboy boots".
    Quote Originally Posted by Anodur View Post
    The greatest generation is long dead? Last I checked, Miley Cyrus, Kanye West, Rebecca Black, and One Direction are all still kickin'...

The fun thing about Warcraft lore is that the personalities of characters are not necessarily connected to races or classes. I mean, my own worgen assassin is quite stealthy, but he is normally in his human form, only becoming a worgen when fighting requires it.

That having been said, in terms of pure physicality, night elves are naturally more stealthy than humans, and certainly more than worgen, so if you're going for maximum stealth for your character, that's something to consider.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Goblin FTW go go Rocket jump!

Please refrain from posting things mostly irrelevant to the OP, or at least add a description as to why it would be relevant.
    ~ Saerwen.
    Last edited by mmoc510818b846; 2012-09-12 at 07:00 AM.

Deleted
    Personally I find Worgen rogues to be more about setting up the kill, where a Night Elf rogue would fall more under the category thief in terms of how they 'feel.' That is obviously not meant as Worgen being unable to steal or nightelves being unable to assassinate.
    As others have said, Night Elves feel more stealthy, where as Worgen feel more savage. Gearwise I must admit I prefer the looks of a Nightelven Rogue compared to a Worgen one. I simply cannot in my mind make some gear, leather especially, look good on a Worgen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Racial identity / class combo's are nice. It borrows both from their established culture as well as the units the original races were most pronounced by in Warcraft3/2/1.

Human - Paladin, Death Knight
    Dwarf - Warrior, Hunter
    Gnome - Engineer(?), Mage
    Night Elf - Druid(male), Hunter/Warrior(female)
    Draenei - Paladin
    Worgen - Rogue(male), Druid(female)
    High Elf - Hunter, Mage

Orc - Shaman/Warlock, Death Knight
    Troll - Priest, Hunter
    Tauren - Hunter, Warrior
    Forsaken - Warlock, Death Knight
    Blood Elf - Mage, Warlock
    Goblin - Rogue
    Ogre - Warrior, Mage

Pandaren - Monk
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

10+ Year Old Account
    A Wolf and by extension a Werewolf is perfectly capable of subtlety.

Most wolves stalk their prey as often as chase and corner it. A Worgen more inclined run down its prey and rip their throats out would probably choose to be a Warrior, but a worgen rogue would naturally walk silently, see well in the dark, sniff out its prey and stalk it from the shadows.

Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    A Wolf and by extension a Werewolf is perfectly capable of subtlety.

Most wolves stalk their prey as often as chase and corner it. A Worgen more inclined run down its prey and rip their throats out would probably choose to be a Warrior, but a worgen rogue would naturally walk silently, see well in the dark, sniff out its prey and stalk it from the shadows.
    The problem is mostly that worgen, males at the least, are tall and broad. In terms of slinking around inside buildings or cities, it is a lot harder to stay in the shadows, which is what a thief and assassin needs to be able to do as easily as possible. In their more natural environment, worgen are excellent at subtlety, but it's primarily because their natural environment is one with lots of cover. They don't need to be able to blend with the shadows, which is easier if you're smaller / thinner, when they can hide in the brush, which is much more concealing.

10+ Year Old Account
    yes but a worgen can assume a more gracile human form as well,

I know this quite well, it's one of the defining aspects of how my Gilnean assassin works

I'm simply saying that the worgen form is not necessarily as efficient at stealth within an urban or suburban area.

Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    yes but a worgen can assume a more gracile human form as well,
    While that may be so, humans still aren't a lithe, agile and as "one" with the shadows as a Night Elf. So, like The Madgod said, a Worgen isn't as efficient as stealth in an urban or suburban area as a Night Elf, and is probably just barely on par with a Night Elf in a forest. You have to remember you're comparing an Ancient, potentially divine or Well of Eternity evolved species with a bloodthirst inducing corruption.

So as its been said several times throughout the thread, Worgen are better for the savage killer with some knowledge of stealth to use purely for stalking their prey, while a Night Elf is much more agile, and graceful, with several aspects of their physical form that allow for effective stealth in both urban and forest environments.