I need some technical help.

Alright, this is going to sound a little strange, but I'm going try and explain as best I can.

Alright, I've been playing GW2 for some time now, and haven't had any issues with lag or FPS issues until recently. My graphics were not the best, but they were far from the lowest quality. I think they were around the medium-high range. (Depending on what I had set on medium/high) But anyway, I got to thinking that maybe my graphics could be better. So, stupidly, I increased my graphics without taking down what they were set too. The graphics were amazing and ran decently smooth, but in PVP and larger group events, my FPS got kind of low. (Around 14-18) Then, I decided to set my graphics back to what they previously were, trying my best to remember what they were set to by memory. I honestly don't think they're set the same now, but I've tried every single combination, and the end result is all the same now. My game is choppier than usual, and my FPS continues to get lower and lower. My frames get hooked sometimes, and it's very annoying. I've updated my graphics cards, and all that, but nothing seems to help.

That's my situation, but I guess what I'm asking is... Is anyone else having this issue? And did they happen to change things with the graphics around a little bit in a recent update that I'm not aware of?

Like I said, a little odd. But this is really frustrating me, and hindering my game playing. If anyone knows anything or could offer some insight, that'd be fantastic. Thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's an illusion. When you was playing before mess options, you was surely alone/ with a couple players around you.
    Moving around, and meeting more players, it shows you the real performance of your machine. Add a bit of lag, and here you are.
    The kind of CPU, surely helps you to figure out what you need. Maybe you need an i5 (extreme if possible) or superior. Gives a boost.
    My graphic card is supposed to give me 60 fps stable, it doesnt. Not a fault of my GPU, i just have an old CPU.
    And i experience the same kind of issue you have, regardless of the graphic setting. Thinks, i play with the exact performance on ultra at 1080p, and i use an inferior resolution (with ultra settings)

Deleted
    Could you give us your computer specification?

I was having frame rate issues myself the other day after a small patch went through. I updated my drivers, to new shiny beta ones and it only got worse! thankfully it wasn't the shiniest new beta drivers, 306.2 I think it is for Nvidia, and I am back to max graphics and rocking fps.

I know you mentioned you updated your card, just make sure you have the latest and greatest. BEst of luck to you, post your specs here and I am sure someone can give you some solid advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas Ashrock View Post
    It's an illusion. When you was playing before mess options, you was surely alone/ with a couple players around you.
    Moving around, and meeting more players, it shows you the real performance of your machine. Add a bit of lag, and here you are.
    The kind of CPU, surely helps you to figure out what you need. Maybe you need an i5 (extreme if possible) or superior. Gives a boost.
    My graphic card is supposed to give me 60 fps stable, it doesnt. Not a fault of my GPU, i just have an old CPU.
    And i experience the same kind of issue you have, regardless of the graphic setting. Thinks, i play with the exact performance on ultra at 1080p, and i use an inferior resolution (with ultra settings)
    Sorry I didn't mention it, but before I messed with my graphics, I had actually run dungeons, did PVP, and WvWvW with no FPS issues.

---------- Post added 2012-09-12 at 01:25 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by winkies View Post
    Could you give us your computer specification?
    Sorry, I'm not the greatest with computer tech, what all do you need to see?

Quote Originally Posted by Araxie View Post
    Sorry, I'm not the greatest with computer tech, what all do you need to see?
    Just your video card, processor, and RAM should suffice. Gives us a quick estimate of areas that may bottleneck depending on situations.

If it is indeed your video card (I am assuming it is), you may just need to do a full driver re-install. Which is easier than it sounds, NVidia has their own uninstall tool, Windows should pick up the basic driver to navigate to the new one, download and install.

OR you can try resetting your config for Guild Wars 2, but I have no clue how to do that. I would start with resetting the config as it isn't too much work since it is just some key re-binds and just like day 1 config. Something may have gotten tweaked in the settings.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wasn't there some kind of auto-detection under video settings? I think I saw something like this since I did the same thing as you, but without your problems.

The worst thing that I have is that the game sounds disappear sometimes, while the music is still playing. I really hate it, since I like all those sword-clashes.
    Sometimes the game even freezes for some seconds then. Maybe we should start camping the official forums, threads get lost too fast here without proper sub-forums...
    Sing like no one is listening - Love like you've never been hurt
    Dance like no one is watching - Masturbate like no one else is on the bus

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhywolver View Post
    Wasn't there some kind of auto-detection under video settings? I think I saw something like this since I did the same thing as you, but without your problems.

The worst thing that I have is that the game sounds disappear sometimes, while the music is still playing. I really hate it, since I like all those sword-clashes.
    Sometimes the game even freezes for some seconds then. Maybe we should start camping the official forums, threads get lost too fast here without proper sub-forums...
    Because it's just a subsection, this is not an official gw2 forum

Music is buggy, lower the quality fix.

Type us CPU GPU RAM.

Start, Run
    Dxdiag

Quote Originally Posted by Snuckerpooks View Post
    Just your video card, processor, and RAM should suffice. Gives us a quick estimate of areas that may bottleneck depending on situations.

If it is indeed your video card (I am assuming it is), you may just need to do a full driver re-install. Which is easier than it sounds, NVidia has their own uninstall tool, Windows should pick up the basic driver to navigate to the new one, download and install.

OR you can try resetting your config for Guild Wars 2, but I have no clue how to do that. I would start with resetting the config as it isn't too much work since it is just some key re-binds and just like day 1 config. Something may have gotten tweaked in the settings.
    Sorry it took so long; had classes today and whatnot.

Anyway, here you go.
    Video Card - Mobile Intel(R) HD Graphics and Radeon (TM) HD 6490M (Don't know which is which.)
    Processor - Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2410M CPU @ 2.30GHz 2.30GHz
    RAM - 8.00 GB

---------- Post added 2012-09-13 at 08:27 PM ----------

I don't like bumping threads, but I still need a little help. Any information would be welcome. Thanks.
    Last edited by Araxie; 2012-09-12 at 10:08 PM.