1. #1
    Blademaster
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Kuwait
    Posts
    25

    Smile Tanks & Healing setup for 10man MoP raids

    Hello guys, i need to sort out my guild setup especially for tanks and healers since 2 weeks before level 90!

    well let me just write our cata setup for this moment ( 3 Tanks : Paladin, Druid and Dk for some fights ), ( 4 healers : 2 Resto druids 1 Rshaman 1 Holypaladin 1 Disc priest )

    i was planning with my officers to let our Main Tank ( the druid ) to reroll to Prot-warrior for pandaria and and stay on the Paladin as offtank and demote the Blood dk ( since he didnt show up in raids ), i heard warriors is strong tank for MoP and druid taking huge dmg from enviroment.

    your opinion in our plan and do u think we should have Guardian druid instead of the paladin ( and its available for us now ) for example will be warrior and druid.

    ---

    lets talk about healing setup, we also planning for ( Resto shaman - Disc Priest with Holy os - Resto druid / Hpaladin ) i guess this is strong setup for 10 man we got 4 classes means 5 speccs, the Resto shaman got Enhancement OS and i do so well in dps in my raids as enhancement and the Holypaladin got Prot as OS once we missed tank so he can do his job.

    question is : what is the weakest class for MoP raids so we can build our healing setup before we start raid in pandaria ?


    ---

    about dps, we got 2 melee's ( feral druid, ret paladin and rogue) - casters ( Mage - Ele shaman - warlock - shadow priest - hunter )

    any opinions ?

  2. #2
    We're going with:

    Tanks -2(3)-

    Druid
    Warrior
    Paladin (When needed)

    Healers -3-

    Paladin
    Priest
    Shaman

    Dps -8- (4 Melee - 4 Ranged)

    Death Knight
    Druid
    Monk
    Warlock
    Paladin
    Mage
    Hunter
    Rogue

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikez View Post
    druid taking huge dmg from enviroment.
    As a Druid tank, I have no idea what you're talking about here. Any tank who stands in crap is going to take damage. If you're using your defensive abilities properly, you shouldn't have a problem. I would definitely be interested to see examples of what you're talking about though if there's some new Druid weakness I'm unaware of. As far as I know, survivability wise, all tanks are fairly close, assuming you use your abilities.

    In answer to your question though, I would think having one block tank and one non-block tank would be a good setup to cover your bases but that's just my personal opinion without having tested any of the MoP raids.

  4. #4
    Blademaster
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Kuwait
    Posts
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by Bearshield View Post
    As a Druid tank, I have no idea what you're talking about here. Any tank who stands in crap is going to take damage. If you're using your defensive abilities properly, you shouldn't have a problem. I would definitely be interested to see examples of what you're talking about though if there's some new Druid weakness I'm unaware of. As far as I know, survivability wise, all tanks are fairly close, assuming you use your abilities.

    In answer to your question though, I would think having one block tank and one non-block tank would be a good setup to cover your bases but that's just my personal opinion without having tested any of the MoP raids.
    well m8, since im a healer i saw our Druid tank taking much dmg more than before 5.0.4, well maybe he don't know Guardian specc well with some new abilities.

  5. #5
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    102
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikez View Post
    well m8, since im a healer i saw our Druid tank taking much dmg more than before 5.0.4, well maybe he don't know Guardian specc well with some new abilities.
    Why are you even worrying about how your druid-tank does at level 85 when you are asking about level 90? Stats and ratings are balanced for level 90.

  6. #6
    Pandaren Monk
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Södermalm
    Posts
    1,943
    Quote Originally Posted by Bokhyllan View Post
    Why are you even worrying about how your druid-tank does at level 85 when you are asking about level 90? Stats and ratings are balanced for level 90.
    He's not gonna take less damage at "90", stat inflation at 85 makes him ALOT stronger currently.
    But then again, asking a healer about tank damage is asking for trouble lol..

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikez View Post
    well m8, since im a healer i saw our Druid tank taking much dmg more than before 5.0.4, well maybe he don't know Guardian specc well with some new abilities.
    If he's taking more damage he's not using his abilities properly. Druids have Savage Defense to boost dodge by about 45% and Frenzied Regen to self heal a respectable amount. Not to mention we still have mitigation cd's: Barkskin, Survival Instincts, Might of Ursoc (Last Stand).

  8. #8
    Bear tanking has changed in 5.0.4, dodge is useless now, so probably your tank has not learn to tank with the changes. From my experience in live and mostly in beta

    For Tanks: Dk|Monk >>>>>> Warrior, Pally, Bear.
    For healing: Monk >>> Paladin > Druid, Priest >>> Shaman

    With special note about dk tanks doing so much damage than the others tanks (at some bosses in top1 dps)

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by blaxter View Post
    Bear tanking has changed in 5.0.4, dodge is useless now, so probably your tank has not learn to tank with the changes. From my experience in live and mostly in beta

    For Tanks: Dk|Monk >>>>>> Warrior, Pally, Bear.
    For healing: Monk >>> Paladin > Druid, Priest >>> Shaman

    With special note about dk tanks doing so much damage than the others tanks (at some bosses in top1 dps)
    DK tanks ftw.

    For a 10 man OP I would strong advise having 2 tanks not on the same loot. We are planning on running Blood DK and either Bear Druid or Brewmaster Monk.

    For heals we are running Pally, Druid, Shaman, with a backup Ret Pally and backup Shadow Priest.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by blaxter View Post
    Bear tanking has changed in 5.0.4, dodge is useless now, so probably your tank has not learn to tank with the changes.
    Dodge is far from useless, it's the only form of avoidance a Bear has and is further buffed through the use of Savage Defense. It's just now we're going back to stacking stam as well.

  11. #11
    Blademaster
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Kuwait
    Posts
    25
    i guess my plan is so far to let any healer or tank to reroll to monk at begin in MoP cuz lvling will take atleast 1 week then gearing up and need to be more experiencing on its class to begin our hardcore raid.

    so we pref to switch to any class except a monk at begin ;p

  12. #12
    I think the setup I have for my raid is at least ok:

    Tanks:
    Blood DK
    Brewmaster Monk
    Prot Warrior (Filling in for Brewmaster Monk until he hits 90)

    Healers:
    Resto Druid
    Disc Priest
    Holy Pally (on fights we need 3 healers)

    Ranged DPS:
    Shadow Priest
    Elemental Shaman
    Aff Lock
    Fire Mage
    BM Hunter

    Melee DPS:
    Subtlety Rogue
    Ret Pally (Whenever he isn't being our holy pally)
    Arms Warrior
    1h Fury Warrior (after he's done filling in as prot)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •