Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    I'm scared that they make the new models something I don't like.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    i feel like i need to post this here

mikeb aka darnell

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ni83nRbOpU4

Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    [*]Player model updates are a high priority and will come with new animations.
    Now this is interesting news. New animations are welcome

Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    [*]Activision has no effect on the game's direction.
    Glad we can finally let this topic die once and for all. Activision never f*cked up Blizzard's games, Blizzard f*cked them up theirselves

Deleted
    You cant compare Paragon to some other normal guild out there. They are a Finnish speaking guild which means they only recruit people who know how to speak and understand Finnish, therefore Finnish people since Finnish is not popular like English, Chinese, or Spanish. The only reason they went 10m is because they couldn't get a real top 25+ Finnish speaking players, not because they want to go 10m or 25m is worse and dying and 10m is better, this part is quite obvious from what they've posted. If they are an international guild like Blood legion or vodka, they're not going to have this problem. Sure you can say 25m is dying, but you can't really say Paragon case is like a nail in the coffin since they're different.

This is a big news for highend raiding scene and deserve a place on the front page. It's like sports, you only play football and a sport website posting some news about volleyball and can some of you people really said "oh volleyball news is not deserve to be there"? How stupid is that seriously... This website is not dedicated to casual players or pvp players only. It's about WoW and mmo games in all aspect.

I didn't know anyone still cared about Paragon. I guess they'll still have an insane amount of players and characters so they can raid stack and cheese the shit out of every encounter they do, just like they've always done.

Deleted
    I haven't played the game for a while now, but it's the same old answers from Blizzard. They would love to get content out faster.... but you can bet your bottom dollar it won't happen. Blizzard doesn't keep promises when it comes to WoW. WoW players have to wait a disgusting amount of time for new content and Blizzard repeatedly do nothing to change that. Actions Blizzard. Stop talking because no one will take anything you say seriously now. Act. Release content more regularly. Give players some value for their subscription.

But again, it won't happen because Blizzard gains nothing out of doing that. They just feed the community lines to keep hopes up and people lap it up time and again.

Deleted
    I haven't played the game for a while now, but it's the same old answers from Blizzard. They would love to get content out faster.... but you can bet your bottom dollar it won't happen.
    That's a strange thing to say right before we get an entire new continent.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MacHaggis View Post
    That's a strange thing to say right before we get an entire new continent.
    Yea, after playing DS for what, 10 months? You're fcking dumb

10+ Year Old Account
    Im part of the single remaining 25man progression guild on our server and we will survive into MOP, but many others haven't. They are dying and its sad
    Yeah. Me too. It sucks. I just hope we don't just survive into Mop but entire Mop.

Player model updates are a high priority and will come with new animations.
    I have an uneasy feeling deep down in my stomach when I read this. I love my Draenei just the way she is.

Deleted
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    The plan is still for more content to be released faster than before to keep players engaged with relevant content and not bored. They are also committed to reducing the time between the last major content patch and the next expansion.
    Ladies and gentlemen this has been "the plan" since the Blizzcon where Cataclysm was announced. The problem is that nobody actually follows the plan...

Paragon is going casual!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by reve View Post
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    The plan is still for more content to be released faster than before to keep players engaged with relevant content and not bored. They are also committed to reducing the time between the last major content patch and the next expansion.
    Ladies and gentlemen this has been "the plan" since the Blizzcon where Cataclysm was announced. The problem is that nobody actually follows the plan...
    This was the plan since they announced WotLK or even before. They announce this every damn patch and nothing happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasere View Post
    I haven't played the game for a while now, but it's the same old answers from Blizzard. They would love to get content out faster.... but you can bet your bottom dollar it won't happen. Blizzard doesn't keep promises when it comes to WoW. WoW players have to wait a disgusting amount of time for new content and Blizzard repeatedly do nothing to change that. Actions Blizzard. Stop talking because no one will take anything you say seriously now. Act. Release content more regularly. Give players some value for their subscription.

But again, it won't happen because Blizzard gains nothing out of doing that. They just feed the community lines to keep hopes up and people lap it up time and again.

The thing is that more people need to man up and end their subscribtions. Thats the only way the game will change over time.. , if more people DECIDED that "NO i wont accept this anymore, and NO i wont play the game until the game is back to how i want it to be". If the game dont change to the thing you want, put your spare time on something else or another game.

And yes btw im agreeing with everything you stated above.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Criix View Post
    The thing is that more people need to man up and end their subscribtions. Thats the only way the game will change over time.. , if more people DECIDED that "NO i wont accept this anymore, and NO i wont play the game until the game is back to how i want it to be". If the game dont change to the thing you want, put your spare time on something else or another game.

And yes btw im agreeing with everything you stated above.
    Yep. Hundreds of thousands of subs lost each quarter should be telling them something. But yeah. I enjoyed my time playing WoW, but looking at the real picture of what you get for what you pay, it's mad. Constant broken promises from developers is icing on the cake.

I find it surprising that new player models is high priority now - i could have sworn they had a different reaction it not that long ago? Could not be remembering correctly, but first time I've seen it mentioned as high priority

Quote Originally Posted by Eadoin View Post
    I would say a top 5 world guild essentially falling apart is pretty significant news.
    What they failed to mention is the guild requires you to speak Finnish. Yeah, it must be hard finding people who are prepared to have 5 alts in BIS gear and willing to change professions every 2 days..... who speak Finnish.

Nothing excites me about this game anymore. "New Models a Priority" .. they've been saying that for years. Cataclysm was the perfect time for them, MoP should have been the time for them.. we continue to wait. An observer mode is difficult to implement? Really Blizzard? They're not happy with 25 man raiding.. oo just what you want to read before an expansion drops. Raid finder 'one day' for lower level content. I'm not holding my breath. Again.. Blizzard make straight forward features sound like they require a years worth of development.

I just can't escape that feeling I get that WoW is 'ticking over' with a team of people who are polishing what we already have an adding some new features here and there.. but ultimately the drive to make the game the best it can be is else where with Titan.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hoping Blizzard is paying attention to the Paragon news. On my realm which is one of the largest population ones, the top guild on the server fell apart about 5 months ago. It was a very well-known top 10 world raiding guild that had been very strong since vanilla. Regardless of sub counts, if Blizzard is swapping hardcore subs that have played for many years for casuals that will easily come and go to other games that doesn't seem like a great strategy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasere View Post
    Yep. Hundreds of thousands of subs lost each quarter should be telling them something. But yeah. I enjoyed my time playing WoW, but looking at the real picture of what you get for what you pay, it's mad. Constant broken promises from developers is icing on the cake.
    I´ve had this debate on other sites. The thing is that even with times like the last 4 months of DS or WOTLK... the game is still significantly better than anything else out there. While the raids suck at that point, I still have other fun things to do. A part of it is just the value of my time. I would rather pay to play a quality game rather than play a subpar Free2Play game. Really, my favorite f2p game is DDO, but I have to get very bored in WOW before I will unsubscribe and play DDO. In the next expansion, I think pet battles will end DDO. I probably won´t do pet battles for the first few months, but I have tried them on beta and know how good they are and how addicting they will be.... it is the perfect thing to switch over to when we get long into a raid.

But I do think the devs learned their lesson this time. I think they have said it in the past, but players just kept subscribing. This time is the first time we have seen a huge drop in subs. The beancounters actually noticed it this time, and it probably gives the devs a little backing when they say they need to create more raids more frequently.

15+ Year Old Account
    People assuming everything Blizzard mentions is a "promise" is one of the most annoying thing about this community.

When does Blizzard ever "promise" anything? Hell, just the other day I saw a player complaining that Blizzard hasn't implemented some feature or another that they "promised" to implement, and it wasn't even something Blizzard had ever mentioned. It was an idea that a player had suggested at some point on a forum, and in this idiot's mind, it got warped and twisted around into a promise from Blizzard.

Here's the facts:

World of Warcraft: Cataclysm was announced on August 21, 2009.
    Fall of the Lich King (Patch 3.3.0) was released in December 8, 2009.
    Cataclysm (Patch 4.0.3a) came out December 7, 2010.
    That's 12 months of Icecrown Citadel, and 15 months from expansion announcement to release.

World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria was announced on October 21, 2011.
    Hour of Twilight (Patch 4.3.0) was released on November 29, 2011.
    Mists of Pandaria will be released on September 25, 2012.
    That's 10 months of Dragon Soul, and 11 months from expansion announcement to release.

They still have a ways to go, but it's undeniable that they're getting quicker at releasing content with Mists of Pandaria, at least so far.

---------- Post added 2012-09-12 at 01:36 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Collected View Post
    "New Models a Priority" .. they've been saying that for years.
    An excellent example of how crappy player memory is.

They've never said they were a priority until the Press Event in March. For the last six years they've said the opposite: that upgraded models are something they'd like to do, but not a priority.

Blizzard is now actively working on them. They were working on dwarves back in March, saying they'd be done around the time Mists of Pandara was ready to launch, and that orcs and humans would come next. At Gamescom, they said they were now working on orcs and humans.