Deleted

Discussion about how a new LFR system could work: your suggestions.

To start it of nice and slowly, this is a thread on how YOU could see an alternative LFR system work. This is not a QQ section about special snowflakes nor about LFR being the antichrist in wow. This is all about being creative with a new way to use the LFR system. I can be all from new areas, to diffrent abilities and maybe entirely new raids just for LFR.

Post a suggestion if you got a good ideer about implementing raiding or mass grouping into a casual playerbase.

You're only going to get braindead replies whining about current LFR.

This thread should wait until few months after MoP launch when players have experienced first hand how the new & improved LFR works.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Deleted
    There is always time to be creative my friend OP and again this is not a list for you to complain in anyway... post a suggestion or dont post plz

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    There is a massive thread about LFR ready to be posted and will be posted slightly closer to MoP. This thread will hold majority of LFR posting and answer any questions, basically it deals with LFR. Feel free to discuss your creative idea but people probably won't be too sure of how they would like to change the system until they experience it more. That being said, perhaps if they give you an offspec item if you already have all mainspec items from the boss in your bags/on your character.

Deleted
    After playing MOP beta, i have seen that the LFR can't really have changed that much. I am also afraid that when a big LFR thread comes up, the large amount of posts will maybe make it so that alot of smart posts are lost in the masses. Since LFR is one of the biggest (if not the biggest) discussion theme here on MMO-Champion, i think it is a smart too keep an open mind

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FurryFang View Post
    After playing MOP beta, i have seen that the LFR can't really have changed that much. I am also afraid that when a big LFR thread comes up, the large amount of posts will maybe make it so that alot of smart posts are lost in the masses. Since LFR is one of the biggest (if not the biggest) discussion theme here on MMO-Champion, i think it is a smart too keep an open mind
    Oh I agree, it will house many things, but not everything Also it will be highly moderated and any really good information is thrown into the compilation, we'll see how it works out

First off, inb4 "Get rid of it"

Secondly, for some serious discussion: I'm personally of the opinion that LFR shouldn't drop tier tokens--perhaps some system where you have a "piece" of a token, and after you gather four or five of the pieces, you get the tier item. Beyond that, the item level of all LFR drops should be equal to the previous tier's gear--I.E., the DS LFR would be dropping Firelands normal quality gear.

Then again, if the latter is realized, the former isn't really necessary; if the tier pieces were of the prior tier's iLvl, it wouldn't be as big of an issue. One of the biggest issues with DS's LFR was that it caused massive burnout; as the gear drops were at least as good or better than the majority of Firelands normal gear, there was no reason for anyone to run Firelands when LFR DS was easier and faster with better rewards.

Finally, I believe LFR should share a lockout with Normal and Heroic. After all, preventing burnout was the entire reason for combining 10/25s; combining LFR into it as well would massively help it by making it so that people wouldn't need to gear up with LFR in order to do the newest tier.

I would simply make the LFR include :

10 mans, 25 mans

LFR Mode, Normal mode, and YES Heroic mode. The needed ilvl to get in would be appropriately extreme for heroic LFR.

Like, if you wanted to get into heroic LFR the ilvl needed would be so high that you would have to had successfully killed a few bosses in heroic mode w/o using LFR and got at least 3 or 4 pieces of heroic gear on to even be allowed in on heroic LFR mode. That way if you did queue into Heroic mode you'd ensure you were with people who have at least gotten their feet wet in heroic mode and at least have a start on heroic gear.

Quote Originally Posted by WaitingforMoP View Post
    I would simply make the LFR include :

10 mans, 25 mans

LFR Mode, Normal mode, and YES Heroic mode. The needed ilvl to get in would be appropriately extreme for heroic LFR.

Like, if you wanted to get into heroic LFR the ilvl needed would be so high that you would have to had successfully killed a few bosses in heroic mode w/o using LFR and got at least 3 or 4 pieces of heroic gear on to even be allowed in on heroic LFR mode. That way if you did queue into Heroic mode you'd ensure you were with people who have at least gotten their feet wet in heroic mode and at least have a start on heroic gear.
    Unfortunately, alternatively you might have people who would be queuing for the heroic tier after the new one has been released, meaning that they'd have enough ilvl to qualify for the heroic even if all they've done is new-tier-LFR; they wouldn't have heroic experience, or even the normal mode experience. Hell, on my server even just trying to find a pug for heroic T11 always leads to disaster because people think that gear > skill and that they're therefore able to just overpower all the mechanics. It's the same case everywhere; hell, I witnessed it when trying to form up H ICC pugs for fun during Cata, where people said LOL WE'RE 85 WHY FOLLOW MECHANICS and we wiped to various things-- Bloodbeasts running rampant, the plague on Putricide, running like an idiot on Council. People would fail even on the -normal- mode Lanathel, Sindragosa, and Arthas because they didn't understand bite/run/defile mechanics. A heroic-version of LFR just wouldn't work unfortunately; though it's mostly because of the way the system currently is built.

Now, if they were to rebuild it to detect actual boss-kills, short of achievement-spamming, or to detect actual pieces of gear (though this could lead to carries, etc), then it could be discussed. People will be people, and you can't fix stupid.