Warrior PvP 5.0.4 + Defensive Stance

So after the change last night I ran a few BGs and interchanged some gear/armor...coupled with the new Defensive Stance and I must say:

I was damn near unkillable. the 25% was needed! I was able to keep up consistent damage while in stance. Healers had a blast on keeping me up.

I tried Arms and Fury. I will say - fury TG + shield was actually quite impressive on the defensive and output.

Thoughts on this?

Deleted
    How can Fury be effective in defensive stance while equipping a shield when you cant use wild strike / raging blow, so you have, bloodthirst as your only rage regen and heroic strike occasionally.

Its what it is, a defensive stance, but it does completely kill your damage which has nearly always been the trade off. (But that trade off is now more passive damage reduction, but you have no offensive abilities to use)

Quote Originally Posted by AjayxD View Post
    How can Fury be effective in defensive stance while equipping a shield when you cant use wild strike / raging blow, so you have, bloodthirst as your only rage regen and heroic strike occasionally.

Its what it is, a defensive stance, but it does completely kill your damage which has nearly always been the trade off. (But that trade off is now more passive damage reduction, but you have no offensive abilities to use)
    I'm pretty sure the OP didn't stay in Def stance exclusively. I've been stance dancing as fury (purely for the increased survivability when I get pounced on) and having a blast

Deleted
    Prot at least is fairly hillarious in full resilience gems with second wind, until you meet a warlock anyway

I play PvP in Arms and i stay full time in Deff stance, in my opinion its much more better then Battle or Berserk , only thing what thous 2 give you is more rage but i dont have rage problem in Deff stance, so for me Deff stance is best for PvP atm, 25% reduction + 1 rage every 3 sec VS 50% more rage from Auto tack V some rage from auto and some from damage takem , well for me choice is obvious deff stance FTW

And 1 more think in 1v1 combat or 2v1 ( vs 2 mele) in deff stance and SW talent i feal almost immortal

Quote Originally Posted by tehpud View Post
    So after the change last night I ran a few BGs and interchanged some gear/armor...coupled with the new Defensive Stance and I must say:

I was damn near unkillable. the 25% was needed! I was able to keep up consistent damage while in stance. Healers had a blast on keeping me up.

I tried Arms and Fury. I will say - fury TG + shield was actually quite impressive on the defensive and output.

Thoughts on this?
    (What is said in OT claims to be using fury spec and a 2h weapon + a shield so I'm going to assume it is right.)
    With shield equipped, you barely hit for any damage at all. Maybe BT hits that do almost same damage as 2 dot ticks.

You basically survived a lot, thought healers had blast keeping you up in fury spec without dealing enough damage. There is this other talent, called protection, you should try it.

Defensive stance is pretty neat, though.

Cool what?! Defense stance as arms?

Quote Originally Posted by kubuntu View Post
    I play PvP in Arms and i stay full time in Deff stance, in my opinion its much more better then Battle or Berserk , only thing what thous 2 give you is more rage but i dont have rage problem in Deff stance, so for me Deff stance is best for PvP atm, 25% reduction + 1 rage every 3 sec VS 50% more rage from Auto tack V some rage from auto and some from damage takem , well for me choice is obvious deff stance FTW

And 1 more think in 1v1 combat or 2v1 ( vs 2 mele) in deff stance and SW talent i feal almost immortal
    Dude! You should be using battle and Berserker stance more! As an arms warrior in defensive stance, you gain less rage, the lack of rage you're not earning is really messing with your dps. Although Defensive stance is needed at certain times, when you get to say 30% health. Second Wind becomes active at 35% health which heals you over time and keeps you near 35%. This is when you pop your defensive cd's like Demoralizing Banner, Shield wall, and Spell reflection, or even Intimidating Shout. I have no clue how you aren't having problems generating rage in defensive stance. I call BS good sir. You gain much more rage in battle stance. When you know you are about to get opened up by a rogue make sure to stay in defensive stance. Once the rogue is done with his opener you can switch stances again.

Note: In order to use spell reflection or shield wall you need to make a macro to equip your One handed weapon and shield. Oh, and bind all of your stances. Don't click.
    Last edited by Ironbrute; 2013-05-14 at 06:30 PM.

Deleted
    Gravedigging is not always a good idea, that comment is several months old. With the change to overpower (10 rage cost) it's simply not possible to stay in defstance and still do your job (pressure & peeling).

Deleted
    And how do I get a rage in Defensive stance?

Deleted
    Charge (+Bull Rush Glyph), Mortal Strike and Enrage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Closing this necro