Dispelling specific

Hello

I'm not expecting it to be possible, but I could be pleasantly surprised. As title says I'm curious to know if it's possible to make a macro that tries to dispel a specific buff from another player first instead of working your way through all the others. Like the priests power word: shield, or similar shields

Deleted
    I think it is random what gets dispelled, could be wrong though.

If you could choose what to dispel, it would make dispel proctection, like the silence on Unstable Affliction, completely irrelevant in the game.

Deleted
    Dispels should just take everything away, this is stupid and always was. It does not add anything to fighting dragons, and vs players it makes dispel just another random stuff on top of random procs that can randomly critical hit which might add another random procs that you randomly dispel, loads of fun... right.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirtus View Post
    I think it is random what gets dispelled, could be wrong though.
    Nah there are dispel priorities, they've actually had them since WC3
    Last edited by fishface; 2012-09-12 at 03:51 PM.

Don't dispells dispell all effects of that kind?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    they do now

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    I don't really know, to be exact I'm playing hunter in pvp and our tranquilizing shot only removes 1 rage or 1 magic effect at a time

10+ Year Old Account
    Offensive dispels still only dispel one thing at a time. Defensive Dispels remove every effect that it can dispel, all at once.

I.E You are casting Tranq shot on a target with 2 enrage effects, and 3 magical. You have to tranq 5 times to dispel everything.

You are casting Remove Corruption on a target with 2 poison effects, 2 curse effects, and 3 magical effects. Everything gets dispeled at the same time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    I.E You are casting Tranq shot on a target with 2 enrage effects, and 3 magical. You have to tranq 5 times to dispel everything.
    Wrong, Tranq Shot removes one of each, not one or the other, so 3 tranqs would suffice in this case.

Deleted
    Defensive dispels remove all effects since mop, offensive dispells still remove 1 in time like in cata.