Thread: iPhone 5

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Requital View Post
    You still somehow miss the entire point of the post rather pointless trying to help you since all you want to do is argue so keep ranting about a product you don't even properly maintain and good luck with w/e phone you move to next.
    Don't even bother arguing with this guy. He's not updating his software - which he could do for free - and is blaming developers for stopping support for an OS that's three major versions out of date. That's not the kind of person you can really have a reasoned debate with.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Torq View Post
    I'm pretty sure when there's noticeable lag in animations, and I can't turn off said animations or effects, that it's not my opinion.

I know several people who said it ran fine, but it exhibited the same behavior as mine, when it was on iOS4. They just chose to ignore the problems, or didn't find them to be problems at all. It's not my opinion that it degraded performance; it's your opinion that the performance degradation was "acceptable," and it's mine that it wasn't.
    please continue...geting my popcorn!

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I can't understand why would peopel pay 500-800 euros (depends on the country) for a phone when a basic Nokia can do teh same things for 0-10 euros... such as C3 05... not even Lumina thing.

But hey.. it's your money, as if you burn it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    I can't understand why would peopel pay 500-800 euros (depends on the country) for a phone when a basic Nokia can do teh same things for 0-10 euros... such as C3 05... not even Lumina thing.

bah for me , i listen to alo of music and i love the way it goes on an iphone , sure itunes sucks but i only use it to transfer my music to my ihpone , and i use the phone since the 3g came in holland and still satisfied , i like the iphone so why buy a samsung ? or a nokia ? or a android ? i had plenty of samsung / nokia before and samsung is a big letdown....nokia is alllrighty for me never tried android but for me it looks to difficult to understand it after almost 4-5 years of iphone use

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post

I like them cause they integrate with all my other apple products seamlessly. I have invested a lot into itunes and the upgrade has a ton of features I want. Security is another important thing to me, and they are the most secure hand helds on the market. I like the apple brand, its fast, its secure, and it all works in my feng shui world.

my mom loves her iphone, but some of the stuff for the 5 is going to piss her off enough to prevent her from getting one. apparently they are changing the connection, so none of the current docking based devices will work with it.

personally i have a lower end but serviceable android, with none of the extra gizmos, so it will not affect me in the slightest

10+ Year Old Account
    People get way to worked up over this "Android vs iOS" thing. I personally think (this means it's a opinion) that iPhone is the best smartphone FOR your AVERAGE consumer. If your into android and like the customizability great I'm happy for you. It has a lot of cool features, but what some people don't understand is the average consumer does not care about them. They want something that works almost flawlessly right away. They want to 1. Make phone calls 2. Text 3. Download basic apps and a few casual games 4. Casually surf the web/check e-mail 5. Take Photos. Some android phones are definitely on par with the iPhone at these things but I never understand how people don't see the appeal of a iPhone to the average consumer. On a contract its the same price as high end Android phones. The 4S is a 100$ which is a great price, and the 4 is free on contract. Most people have already invested into Apples ecosystem with iPods/iTunes so why buy a another device and have to re buy all those apps or books? This is not meant to bash android at all, its just that there was a lot of iPhone hate in this thread. Android is a amazing OS and is better at things then the iPhone is.
    Wow <3 Korra<3 Giants<3

Deleted
    My boss wanted to give me a phone as a gift as a particular important business went good for us. The first idea was to wait for iphone5 and i would get a brand new.

He was extremely puzzled when i asked for a samsung galaxy III thinking that "how can a guy deny a ferrari for a ford, is he crazy?". I got the Galaxy III and guess what, 1 week after he was trading in his iphone4 for a Galaxy like mine.

Imho iphone is just the brand. There are much better options in the market but people are so obcessed by "fashion" that they don't even investigate properly.

I'm not saying iphone is a bad piece of equipment because it surely has its advantages like a good design and very good software integration (and ease of use), but i'm confident that a very large portion of people don't even know about the other options, just because everyone likes to jump into the fashion train.