Spectral guise bugged?

The tooltip says it keeps you in combat but after trying it myself it seems that im not kept in combat and i can eat/drink and mount up straight after using it.

are you in combat when you use it?

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alenoria View Post
    are you in combat when you use it?
    i lol'd

SG isn't a vanish realy. If you are in combat you stay in combat.

The only bug i've seen with it is, it seems if you walk directly through a mob while shadowed you aggro it... a bit anoying tbh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonicoff View Post
    The only bug i've seen with it is, it seems if you walk directly through a mob while shadowed you aggro it... a bit anoying tbh.
    Well, if a stealthed rogue walks into a mob, they get aggro too... Working as intended. S.Guise is stealth, so yea...
    Last edited by h3lladvocate; 2012-09-12 at 09:40 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by h3lladvocate View Post
    Well, if a stealthed rogue walks into a mod, they get aggro too... Working as intended. S.Guise is stealth, so yea...
    Ya the Mods hate it when rogues walk into them! ^^
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

I walked into a mod and they pet prep on the same tier as step DON'T DO IT...

yes it's bugged. pets just ignore it and sometimes it doesnt really work

Bugged? Not the word I'd use. Useless? Not exactly. Viable? No.

It'll even make you drop the flag

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venaliter View Post
    Bugged? Not the word I'd use. Useless? Not exactly. Viable? No.

It'll even make you drop the flag
    Right? This really bugged me when we were doing bgs, but Verain said it should drop the flag because its a stealth - I disagree: because it only last a few seconds and marks the vicinity you are in with your clone it shouldn't drop the flag imo - things like blink dont - and spectral guise is nothing compared to how useful that is for flag carrying (not that you should make mages FC very often, but you get the idea).

Also, I think Spectral Guise has some fantastic uses and is definitely viable - they just need to fix some details about it:
    - doesn't target drop
    - swaps enemy target with your clone and gives your clone hp equal max health and percent health with you (but still breaks on 3 sources of damage on the clone, even dot ticks - so your not killing it - but you shouldn't be ablet to obviously recognize the clone)
    - doesn't break instantly on damage dealt to you in stealth like regular stealth - has to be 3 sources - right now if you spectral guise near someone with passive aoe or such, the "3 damage sources" already include dots and white damage, it should not get ignored and you are instantly knocked out of SG as soon as you cast it, that might be how rogue stealths work, but SG is magic, not technical skill at being sneaky

It's viable (I plan to use it) but highly situational at the moment to avoid the bugs it has.

Deleted
    ive been testing it out abit it's ok in duals and 1 v 1 , but in bg's just dosent seem to cut it thats my personal opinion.
    like others mentions its clunky, desperate prayer alot better in bg's

Also If any one finds it really usefull I be intrested in how you use and if there is funky things you can do with it id be intrested in knowing
    Last edited by mmoc8e13fe598c; 2012-09-16 at 02:33 AM.

I use it to get off screams if its hard getting close or to run off.

Quote Originally Posted by SkillOverKill View Post
    Also, I think Spectral Guise has some fantastic uses and is definitely viable - they just need to fix some details about it:
    - doesn't target drop
    - swaps enemy target with your clone and gives your clone hp equal max health and percent health with you (but still breaks on 3 sources of damage on the clone, even dot ticks - so your not killing it - but you shouldn't be ablet to obviously recognize the clone)
    - doesn't break instantly on damage dealt to you in stealth like regular stealth - has to be 3 sources - right now if you spectral guise near someone with passive aoe or such, the "3 damage sources" already include dots and white damage, it should not get ignored and you are instantly knocked out of SG as soon as you cast it, that might be how rogue stealths work, but SG is magic, not technical skill at being sneaky

It's viable (I plan to use it) but highly situational at the moment to avoid the bugs it has.

the fact that SG drops target on castable CC's and if pre-emptively used avoids shatters/large dps cooldowns or casts, makes it much better / more viable than DP/Bulwark.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Turtlebeach View Post
    the fact that SG drops target on castable CC's and if pre-emptively used avoids shatters/large dps cooldowns or casts, makes it much better / more viable than DP/Bulwark.
    I agree, spectral guise is a very potent spell that I advocate using for shadow pvp.

the obvious reason guise drops flag is so u dont guise early and abuse the lengthy stealth

6 seconds with a flag would be insane especially as usually shadow wouldnt FC so you'd be makign a quick grab as the FC dies with potential for being clean of dots...

scenario: would be FC dies > take flag guise instantly 6 second gap creator.. that gap into a speed boost from druid/priest etc could have you running away with the flag easy

cleaver use of game mechanics? not rly just plain imba..

its an anti caster tool hands down.

^ gotta agree there. Talented fade + guise just screams overpowered.