Poll: What do you look for most in a girlfriend/boyfriend?

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Question What do you look for most in a girlfriend/boyfriend?

To clarify and add some nuance I should say that selecting 'personality' doesn't automatically mean that your partner is ugly as sin or that selecting 'looks' automatically makes your partner an asshole/bitch. Let's just say that the other categories aren't her/his strong suit per se. What is the determining factor?
    Last edited by Thedarkhunt; 2012-09-12 at 06:49 PM.

Other, maturity. Young girls are usually so superficial and vain. If you could read their mind it would pretty much be "omg am i too fat? omg omg are my boobs big enough? omg i need plastic surgery! omg omg omg omg omg". I like women who have more to their life than what they look like, and are confident in themselves enough to smile and be happy rather than this "omg omg omg" shit. Usually women like this are 30+, but even then so many remain mental teenagers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kindness.

That's it. That's all I ask. The rest of that junk you put up there is worthless to me because it varies in degree.
    Last edited by Collegeguy; 2012-09-12 at 07:04 PM.

I put other because I wanted to put all of the above, outside of shared race. My husband is my ideal partner. He's also kind, compassionate, and knows how to make stir fry like it's no one's business :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks are the most important because I generally will not notice them if I don't find them attractive. They also must be at least smarter than a mailbox.

Does nice ass and big boobs fall under looks?
    The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities.

A pulse?
    huehuehuehuehue

Seriously - has to be a mix. Needs to look good but also have something between the ears.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a dude and choose other, her independence and not puting restrictions on what I can do.

They all are important to some degree. So all of the above.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zEmini View Post
    Looks are the most important because I generally will not notice them if I don't find them attractive. They also must be at least smarter than a mailbox.
    that wont go to well :P you do realize most pretty girls is stupid :P

Other: must be good in the sack.

Quote Originally Posted by laggspike View Post
    That is such an old misconception...

Deleted
    The determining factor is the face, yes the face. Now I'm not looking for someone, but when I want someone to be part of my life, for the rest of my life, I want to like the person's face. What I perceive as a good face probably differs from a lot of people, atleast the people I know, meaning that that fat chick might have a nice face and if I was older and settled down, she could be a valid "pick", same thing applies for a guy.

Face is the determining factor. Also, if the person smokes, it's a big HUGE no. I hate smoke...

Deleted
    Since I can't have Mystic (from x men) for all the looks in the world, the most important thing in a girl to me is charisma.

Honestly, there's a pretty high looks barrier before I even consider a girl. Then next she's gotta be intelligent and in a good field, there's nothing I hate more than someone who follows trends in jobs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shared Ideology (similar, identical isn't required). Second would be personality, but with the personality I have I don't really have a right to be picky on that note without being a hypocrite.
    And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
    Revelation 6:8

She has to be able to challenge me intellectually.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by laggspike View Post
    Yeah, and most Americans are bible-thumping, racist illiterates who think Europe is a country and believe God hates homosexuals. Grow up.

OnT: Looks are obviously important, if there's no physical attraction I don't see how the relationship could be anything beyond platonic. Beyond that I think it's very hard to say...although a personality that doesn't make you want to kill yourself everytime they open their mouth is obviously good. I think a level of intelligence somewhat close to your own is beneficial as well, so that you can challenge and stimulate each other intellectually.
    Last edited by lzsg; 2012-09-12 at 08:09 PM.
    Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo.

I selected shared race just because you put it there, then insulted the option. i will do what i can to skew your poll.

Quote Originally Posted by Sealed Shut View Post
    I selected shared race just because you put it there, then insulted the option. i will do what i can to skew your poll.
    Don't wait up, I'll be working late.