1. #1
    Bloodsail Admiral Duito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Somewhere between Reality and Fiction!
    Posts
    1,215

    What weapon should I use?

    So I plan on going windwalker/brewmaster when I start leveling my monk!

    Should I use two boa maces, or the staff?

    ---------- Post added 2012-09-21 at 10:43 PM ----------

    Either or I guess >:d
    Shall I be dramatic and say "You haven't heard the last of me,"?

    LIFE

    (L)ive, (I)nfluence, (F)ight, (E)njoy

  2. #2
    The Insane Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Twitch & Youtube
    Posts
    18,208
    Monks are designed to be able to DW or 2h thanks to their ability that grants +40% damage if using 1h weapons, and +40% attack rate if using 2h weapons.
    Unsubscribed as of 03/10/2014.

    If you dislike where WoW is headed in your mind, quit. Really. Sitting around complaining about "promises" that may or may not have been made isn't doing anything to help your cause. It's just making you look more and more like the constantly complaining and perpetually offended.

  3. #3
    Bloodsail Admiral Duito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Somewhere between Reality and Fiction!
    Posts
    1,215
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Monks are designed to be able to DW or 2h thanks to their ability that grants +40% damage if using 1h weapons, and +40% attack rate if using 2h weapons.
    Yeah I seen the talent/passive they have that does it...so I'm assuming it doesn't matter

    if it has better stats...take it I guess
    Shall I be dramatic and say "You haven't heard the last of me,"?

    LIFE

    (L)ive, (I)nfluence, (F)ight, (E)njoy

  4. #4
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Perth, Western Australia
    Posts
    54
    Quote Originally Posted by Duito View Post
    Yeah I seen the talent/passive they have that does it...so I'm assuming it doesn't matter

    if it has better stats...take it I guess
    Pretty much that, it wont matter till 90 when a bit more testing can be done to see what ends up out scaling when more tiers are released, so for the time being use whatever you have available/enjoy the look of.

  5. #5
    The 2h staff has much higher stats than 2x 1h, while you'll never really be held back by gear while leveling anyway, it'll give you the ability to care even less as you plow through everything.

  6. #6
    Bloodsail Admiral Duito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Somewhere between Reality and Fiction!
    Posts
    1,215
    Quote Originally Posted by Affectionate View Post
    The 2h staff has much higher stats than 2x 1h, while you'll never really be held back by gear while leveling anyway, it'll give you the ability to care even less as you plow through everything.
    Well if I use the with the agility enchants on it, that gives me 30 more agility! While on the staff I can only have 25...plus the stat on the weapon it self!

    I'm probably going to be switching back and forth between the two (1,2h) and at higher levels (60+) I may try out fist weapons...but I keep hearing that 1handers are the best ;L Don't know if there wrong, or if that information has been changed or outdated we can just wait and see
    Shall I be dramatic and say "You haven't heard the last of me,"?

    LIFE

    (L)ive, (I)nfluence, (F)ight, (E)njoy

  7. #7
    Or you can just use your bare fist like a true DPS monk :P

  8. #8
    I am Murloc! Gallahadd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Beyond the 1% barrier.
    Posts
    5,606
    AFAIK for WW DW is simming out ahead, but not by that much (I'm a bit behind on my WW ) but for Brewmasters as most of our moves now scale 100% from AP(and most of our AP will come from Vengeance) Weapons really don't matter at all so go with whichever you think looks cooler, personally I'll be going DW, two Mass of McGowans 'mogged to look like Tankards FTW!
    Reading the A song of Ice and Fire series is like playing with an adorable puppy, then someone comes up out of nowhere and shoots the puppy, then punches you in the face

  9. #9
    Dreadlord Kyuubi87's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    965
    Quote Originally Posted by Duito View Post
    So I plan on going windwalker/brewmaster when I start leveling my monk!

    Should I use two boa maces, or the staff?

    ---------- Post added 2012-09-21 at 10:43 PM ----------

    Either or I guess >:d
    The difference is minimal for leveling. I've got both prepared for my Monk so I can swap around when I want to swing something different

  10. #10
    Bloodsail Admiral Duito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Somewhere between Reality and Fiction!
    Posts
    1,215
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow99 View Post
    Or you can just use your bare fist like a true DPS monk :P
    No fist boa yet...I would have wanted Fist weapons over staff But I have to use what i get

    Plus there isn't alot of fist weapon drops at low levels...shit, there aren't alot for higher levels
    Shall I be dramatic and say "You haven't heard the last of me,"?

    LIFE

    (L)ive, (I)nfluence, (F)ight, (E)njoy

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •