Poll: What Race Will You Roll for Monk?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Night elf female, purely for the flip.

Pandaren because all other races don't have a proper roll animation!

Male night elf, it's my favorite race on Alliance. Plus I came up with an overly complicated explanation for how he learned this stuff because Blizzard didn't even bother to.

I'm not sure if I want a panda yet or not. I keep waffling. If I do make one, it won't be a monk though.
    No surrender! 70 Vanguard - The Star Forge

Deleted
    Male orcs look good but but....pandaren

can't decide yet.

leaning towards a panda...

draenei if only draenei could be rogues too :/

10+ Year Old Account
    I plan on making two. One will definitely be a Pandaren, just because they are new. I hadn't settled on the other one, though I *might* make it a Troll, or possibly an Undead (erm, Forsaken). /shrug

#FlightIsImportant

Female Draenei because I think it's the best looking race overall. I might race change my Draenei Shammy to Panda, but not sure yet.

I decided against Pandaren Monk because there's going to be thousands of people leveling on Wandering Isle that first night, and I don't feel like fighting for quest items. Hopefully leveling as a Draenei through Kalimdor, I'll face a lot less competition on my way to max level.

I will start as Panda to experience their areas and then race change to gnome because I prefer a gnome monk over a fat panda.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am leveling an Orc Monk to 90, getting the guild achievement, then race changing to a Pandaren!

15+ Year Old Account
    Human. Need non panda for fast RAF giving and human is very good choice for that massive reputation grind at the launch of new expansion. Might race change to panda later on depending how I like the look and feel of human monk. Panda food racial alone is not a reason for me to race change.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagasumi View Post
    I will start as Panda to experience their areas and then race change to gnome because I prefer a gnome monk over a fat panda.
    You could save your money if you just made panda monk, play the starting zone (takes 1h-2h depending if you read al the quest descriptions), delete it and then start a fresh gnome monk.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYFioGqC2qQ - The true nature of finnish people

DWARF FOR SURE!
    -They actually look pretty cool (imo)
    -The starter zone won't be crazy overloaded
    -They have a decent tanking CD
    -Unlike Pandaren, I can send them heirlooms sub-level 10

At 90 however, I'll be race changing to Pandaren ! Only way to go.

Deleted
    I will make it a panda. I am really considering making it another race tho, simply so i can safe 1 hour ish in the leveling.. a crowded area with long travel and no heirlooms is gonna be my death

Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Troll for sure, as seen on my new sig and avatar :P

Apparently its the best race DPS-wise for Windwalkers. And belts look bloated and silly on Pandas

Undead to start, just to avoid all the traffic at the panda start zone, then pandaren at 90.

10+ Year Old Account
    Congregation of Our Knights Most Heavenly
    If you're not in a rush, I'd suggest you make a monk, do all the quests to get out of WI, park your butt in Org for a couple of days because http://www.wowhead.com/spell=107074. Makes levelling less tedious IMO.

Tauren Monk. Pandaren I'm reserving for race-changing ny Hunter and creating a new priest on my new realm.

15+ Year Old Account
    Panda! not 100% sure if it will be male or female, i really like both . . .

Deleted
    Decided on Pandaren instead of Tauren.

Has to be a pandaren, because it's the new race and all that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Human, so I can grant RAF levels immediately, and also to help with the rep grinds at 90. I'm pretty sure I'll be race changing to Pandaren after that though.