Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Being caucasian? Yea, sometimes, I guess. I mean I don't look down on anyone else or anything.

However, I sometimes really hate my Scandinavian genes:P Being 1.78 and female can be annoying at times plus light blue eyes means I can't be in the sun without wearing sunglasses if I want to actually see anything and not look down all the time.

Deleted
    I am not mentally impaired, and I can see past cultural parameters. I also acknowledge that my ethnicity was just an accident, and I'd only be proud of an accident if I didn't accomplish anything in my life.

No, I am not proud of my ethnicity, just as I am not proud that I have brown hair, brown eyes and the height of 1.78 meters.

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    Quote Originally Posted by Celltrex View Post
    I am not mentally impaired, and I can see past cultural parameters. I also acknowledge that my ethnicity was just an accident, and I'd only be proud of an accident if I didn't accomplish anything in my life.

No, I am not proud of an ethnicity, just as I am not proud that I have brown hair, brown eyes and the height of 1.78 meters.
    but you are thankful?

Not at all. There's no point in being proud of things that you didn't have any effect on.

Deleted
    You may like how you look BECAUSE of your ethnicity, but your ethnicity itself? Meh.

Deleted
    As a white, heterosexual, middle class male aged 20-35, I'm not allowed to be proud, judging by society's dogmas. That'd make me either racist, homophobic or chauvinistic. ^^

In any case, I wasn't asked about my race, gender or date of birth, so I'm not really too fuzzed about it. I'm proud of who I am, not what I am.

I'm not allowed to because I'm American and white.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    You're up in arms about something you never had and never knew you were going to have until more recent times, now you're pissed off because it turns out you might not get it, even though nobody ever actually said you were getting it anyway?
    Turns out painting a bunch of circles on the floor is all it takes to totally trivialize an encounter designed by Blizzard's dev team. I guess it must be pretty scary when your best work is broken down and utterly defeated by trigonometry.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not really. I didn't exactly do anything special to become caucasian, so I don't really feel I can be proud about it.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

No, I never understood how passionate people can get and I would get into pretty big fights with teachers over it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Demox View Post
    I'm not allowed to because I'm American and white.
    Hey look! It's a regular guy! hahahaha

:P

Of course you are allowed to....why shouldn't you be allowed to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not in the least, what pride do I deserve from it? I take pride in my intelligence, my morals and my actions. I don't have false pride for something that I have no influence over.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    nope, my ethnicity has no impact on how I live

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayburner View Post
    but you are thankful?
    Thankful to what? The luck of not being born in North Korea or Kenya? I am glad I wasn't born there, and that's it.

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    So we can all agree on the fact that we are thankful for being white and being born in North America?

EDIT- completely mis-read sorry. Nothing to post here.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Warpaladin View Post
    A little pride is okay, but when one has to much it can lead to terrible things.
    And that's when black pride becomes black power, that becomes black supremacy, that becomes xenophobia.
    Replace black with White, English, German, American... whatever, when people think there better because of the most simple genetics, we should be proud to be humans, and when/if we meet ET's we should be proud to be sentient beings.

I will toss a joke around with the old English .vs. French, but i am not proud to be English since that places me in league with the street scum 'Chavs' :P they're English too after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayburner View Post
    I'm happy i'm white and canadian and I wonder how people of a different colour feel being in a strange city/town where they are a minority. I always got a kick out of living in Calgary Alberta and people being amazed at my weird accent. I thought that was kinda cool for a while. Then again i was still mainly a white guy.

How about someone that is the exact opposite of me. Being black in a white community or being brown/yellow in a predominately white city/town. Do you wish you were not who you are and just fitting in and just chilling. Do you guys do things differently to fit in or just look for cool people that don't judge by colour?

---------- Post added 2012-09-12 at 09:34 PM ----------

I am a newfie so I confused alot of people in Calgary Alberta.
    Naturally. I am proud of my white heritage and my Russian nationality. Proud of the conquests of my ancestors and the history my nation.

Deleted
    Perfectly indifferent. Since the thread has already gone to page 2 at the time of writing, I'm probably not the first one linking this, but George Carlin summarized it:

http://i.imgur.com/iYFlX.png

Gotta Agree with George Carlin on this.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

10+ Year Old Account
    George Carlin was a white irish man.