Weird In-Game (shadow) Priest Aura. Does anyone know what it is?

This weird aura has been appearing a lot on my friend's shadow priest. In dungeons, it would occasionally appear and disappears within a second. I tried helping him look for a buff that might be it on his buff bars but I didn't see anything unusual.

I have a shadow priest myself but have never seen that aura before. And this time when he was practicing on the dummy, it only appeared when that specific dummy was targeted. It disappeared when he switched his target (a diff dummy) and reappeared when he targeted that same dummy.

Anyone able to identify what that purple aura is? sorry if this is a stupid question :x

edit: its not mindspike proc or poweraura/weak aura
    hello :3

Not sure, SW:I maybe?

I remember having this aura in beta, but not what caused it.

edit: no SW:P on targed, so stupid idea^^

Quote Originally Posted by helloberry View Post

This weird aura has been appearing a lot on my friend's shadow priest. In dungeons, it would occasionally appear and disappears within a second. I tried helping him look for a buff that might be it on his buff bars but I didn't see anything unusual.

I have a shadow priest myself but have never seen that aura before. And this time when he was practicing on the dummy, it only appeared when that specific dummy was targeted. It disappeared when he switched his target (a diff dummy) and reappeared when he targeted that same dummy.

Anyone able to identify what that purple aura is? sorry if this is a stupid question :x

edit: its not mindspike proc or poweraura/weak aura
    I believe that's Shadow Word: Insanity and I believe there's a bug at the moment where if one spriest is specced into SW:I then all priests targeting a mob in SW:I range get the aura.

A better picture would be great.

Probably a bug then, thanks all can close.
    hello :3

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    I believe that's Shadow Word: Insanity and I believe there's a bug at the moment where if one spriest is specced into SW:I then all priests targeting a mob in SW:I range get the aura.
    i only get this aura when i get an instant Mind Spike proc :\ but thanks for pointing this out gunna do some extensive testing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Divine Insight (the shadow version) proccs for me in Holy specc when I do damage with SWP, with Blizzard Aura and all Can't use the procc though, since we don't even have MB^^

I have noticed this one too, and I thought I narrowed it down to being the proc for the Cloak enchant, but if there is an issue like what Brusalk described I could be mistaken (since I haven't messed with it away from other people).

Deleted
    Its pretty much pw:i form another priest.
    Had the same question here.

Quote Originally Posted by Forsay View Post
    You probably see SW:Insanity aura, it's bugged since it was introduced on beta, so if any priest is specced into it, all other shadow priests see this aura. And you don't have to be in raid to see this.

That is the idicator that FDCL has proc'd and you have a free Mind Spike.

[18:23:11] [Nifredil] confesses: I once punched a gnome. No reason. I was just having a bad day.

Quote Originally Posted by Andelormon View Post
    Nope, It's SW:I, they are slightly different. It also bugs out if you had the talent previously and have swapped out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Andelormon View Post
    Yea it's definitely not that because I haven't ever spec'ed into FDCL on my live priest