Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    About keys rubbing off, I've been using the same Logitech multimedia keyboard for around 5 years of heavy use and none of the keys have any signs of the letters rubbing off, and everything still works perfectly. Expensive keyboards don't necessarily last any longer than cheapy ones.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

I still use my old school g15. But I was looking into getting a k90...until I just heard how loud that beast is. Now I'm second guessing...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Traumatize77 View Post
    I still use my old school g15. But I was looking into getting a k90...until I just heard how loud that beast is. Now I'm second guessing...
    Cherry MX reds aren't bad.

Its pretty pleasant to listen to. Yeah, its much louder than my G15... but it sounds so good when you type.

I don't understand this thing people have for loud clicky keyboards, I would have thought quieter is better, it's a strange world!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    Expensive keyboards don't necessarily last any longer than cheapy ones.
    that depends on too many variables to make a statement like that

being specific, your logitech will not last as long as my ducky, or a model-m

But on the other hand, an inexpensive scissor switch membrane board should last just about as long as any mechanical, on average.

Really all depends on how the keyboards are treated, quality of parts and a million other variables.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

10+ Year Old Account
    Inb4 Razer hatred.

But Razer is coming out with a new keyboard, its similar to the mac keyboard style keys. Its like 250 I think for the pro version which has a touch screen UI with customizable keys to make shortcuts to facebook/twitter/whatever you need a shortcut for. There is also a 80 dollar version that is still backlit but no touchscreen UI
    Call me House.

Deleted
    I can't stand my keyboard getting filthy with dust over time.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by coolkingler1 View Post
    I can't stand my keyboard getting filthy with dust over time.
    It is obnoxiously easy to clean the Corsair K60/90s. :P
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

i have a Merc Stealth and i quite like it, tho suppose i dont use all of its features but i really like the setup to the left with all the arrow keys and numbers for playing mmos

Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post

It's the same with mice. I have an old Microsoft infrared mouse I got in 2004 and though I replaced it at the end of 2009 with a Razer Naga, the Naga had already been replaced once in 6 months, the replacement is going fine but then so is my 8 year old Microsoft mouse. Expensive stuff in the computer peripherals market doesn't tend to last longer, simply functions/looks better.

I'm not saying cheaper stuff lasts longer either, I'm saying that price appears to have little value in how long something lasts.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2012-09-14 at 04:39 AM.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lmao I have no good option for this thread but I can say what I currently use! Ahaha I use a darn E-Z-Bright because my dad is blind and he likes the fact that the keys are bigger..so far the keys show no sign of weathering. It's basically a regular keyboard though lol, granted you don't need backlights for it, your monitor will be bright enough! haha
    Duck walks into a bar, says to the bartender, "Got any grapes?" Bartender says no, duck says "Got any grapes?" "No" "Got any grapes?" "NO!" "Got any--" "If you say got any grapes one more time I'm going to nail your bill to the wall..." "Got a nail?" "No." "Got any grapes?"

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    It's the same with mice. I have an old Microsoft infrared mouse I got in 2004 and though I replaced it at the end of 2009 with a Razer Naga, the Naga had already been replaced once in 6 months, the replacement is going fine but then so is my 8 year old Microsoft mouse. Expensive stuff in the computer peripherals market doesn't tend to last longer, simply functions/looks better.

I'm not saying cheaper stuff lasts longer either, I'm saying that price appears to have little value in how long something lasts.
    Cyanotical is more trying to talk about computer peripherals that actually stand up to their price for a reason. Razer's products are overpriced and we all know that. They ought to cost $10 max for their current average lifetime.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

15+ Year Old Account
    Sick keyboard? Did you check the PC accessory hospital?

I use the razer blackwidow ultimate. Its not bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post

Well, considering that he did actually say "Expensive keyboards don't necessarily last any longer than cheapy ones", the statement is completely true. Price isn't everything.

My personal recommendation is Logitech. I've had multiple Logitechs during the years, the only times they've stopped working is due to things that you'd expect any keyboard to stop working after(most often that involves a glass of coke on my desk, and a cat jumping up on said desk...) Anyhoo, I've never seen keys wearing off on a Logitech. I think the letters may be imprinted under a thin layer of something else...
    "In life, I was raised to hate the undead. Trained to destroy them. When I became Forsaken, I hated myself most of all. But now I see it is the Alliance that fosters this malice. The human kingdoms shun their former brothers and sisters because we remind them what's lurking beneath the facade of flesh. It's time to end their cycle of hatred. The Alliance deserves to fall." - Lilian Voss

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Cyanotical is more trying to talk about computer peripherals that actually stand up to their price for a reason. Razer's products are overpriced and we all know that. They ought to cost $10 max for their current average lifetime.
    @op ducky shine 2 are supposed to be coming out soon if not out already look into those will be getting one myself if they make one with white leds ^^

off topic: The blatant brand bashing of razer on these forums is against the code of conduct so why is it allowed ? Razer products are overpriced and -may- (would like a source on this if one can be provided, I'm interested in actual numbers and not internet rumblings) have a higher failure rate than say logitech but that doesnt mean you can make a statement that ALL razer products fail within 2 weeks. I have bought two razer products and both have lasted through years of abuse and still work like the day I bought them. Does that mean all razer products are good ? No it does not, but it does prove you can have a good experience buying a razer product. On the flip side after years of using Apple computers at school that crash and freeze and generally dont work :P Against my better judgement I bought an iPod cause how can they mess up an iPod ? the most popular mp3 player of all time right ? wrong DOA out of the box didnt work. I have never meet an Apple product that worked they way it was suppose to (in my own -personal experience- anyway) and if I come to these forums and say Apple sucks mods bring out infractions for brand bashing. Just seems hypocritical to me is all. Not trying to stir up trouble just trying to understand why mods hand out infractions and bans for brand bashing of say Apple but join in on brand bashing of Razer ^^

Deleted
    I'd love to get a Corsair k90 at some point but right now I can't justify (to myself) the cost, ~$155 here. G110 will have to do for now.

Id say the brand bashing of Razer comes from the fact that not only do they sell a laptop well over $2000 that is beaten on benchmarks by $1000 laptops. The fact that the products they sell are subpar, it is not bran bashing to say the razer products are trashy. Even the mousepads chip and crack within a week or so.

15+ Year Old Account
    I like my Razer Lycosa, it's quiet and responsive enough for me and I enjoy the blue backlighting. I know I've had it for atleast 2 years, and my main gaming keys are showing wear but honestly what game worth there salt needs to see the characters on their main keys are anyway?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Milkshake86 View Post
    Id say the brand bashing of Razer comes from the fact that not only do they sell a laptop well over $2000 that is beaten on benchmarks by $1000 laptops. The fact that the products they sell are subpar, it is not bran bashing to say the razer products are trashy. Even the mousepads chip and crack within a week or so.
    http://i50.tinypic.com/wl3914.jpg
    I wouldn't say that about their mousepads. :P

Mine is fine.