No rating requirement on any PvP gear in MoP?

I haven't been playing WoW or following it lately, so I'm not sure if it's true. But someone in-game just told me that the 2200 requirement has been removed completely for season 12 gear. Can anyone confirm this?

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think that there was even a T2 vendor in the Beta.

yea t1 gear cost cpnquest points just like t1 costed in 4.3

There should be no gear rewards. All gear so be equal so everyone is on even grounds. I would like some cosmetic rewards like tabards etc...

(this is by no mean coming from some 1.8 player whos mad coz he cant get t2)

Quote Originally Posted by Mudor View Post
    There should be no gear rewards. All gear so be equal so everyone is on even grounds. I would like some cosmetic rewards like tabards etc...

Everyone does play on even grounds, people without t2 are not being stopped by people with it, their skill level is the hindrance. Then at higher ranks where gear disparity could actually be disputed as important people have virtually the exact same gear.

The only exception is with pve gear, which has hopefully been fixed with the introduction of pvp power.

There is no issue with the system how it is, nerds just be whiners.

Also would really like to see tabards reintroduced.
    Last edited by Ieft; 2012-09-13 at 07:45 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yourcatdead View Post
    Eh. The thing is I doubt Blizzard is going to do that. WoW has always been a gear grind, and it's worked. They are talking about separating battlegrounds depending on gear so I think we're in the right direction. T2 gear is nice, because it shows you've achieved something and you're a somewhat good PvPer.
    I agree with that.

Challenge mode dungeons rewards are cosmetic. I predict High rated PvP rewards will stay cosmetic if Challenge mode are a success.

Separating BGs between players in entry level gear (crafts, pve leveling) farming honor before entering Arena, and high level geared players (farming achievements) does not mean there should be T2 gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Yourcatdead View Post
    Eh. The thing is I doubt Blizzard is going to do that. WoW has always been a gear grind, and it's worked. They are talking about separating battlegrounds depending on gear so I think we're in the right direction. T2 gear is nice, because it shows you've achieved something and you're a somewhat good PvPer.
    Im fine with rewards, but not gear rewards. A good player should not need gear to outplay others. I was happy when I got the elite gear on my characters because it had a different color with "elite" on it. Rewards like this should be more of, but with same stats as normal gear. Just cosmetic rewards like the color change we had in cataclysm + I want the tabards back even though I got them on my rogue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudor View Post

Yeah, and nobody wins the BG, they just all shake hands and go home feeling good about themselves, right? GTFO! - Take off the skirt and put your big boy pants on and man the *%#& up!

rating gear is good imo, it feels more rewarding.

Deleted
    one of the requirements of a balanced pvp environment (which every pvp player desires) is that everybody is on the same terms gear wise, if you're truly good at the game then you dont really need gear to be helping you win.

ultimately what it should come down to is, outplaying your opponents, not outgearing them, rating requirements are a relic of the past, please keep it that way.

Deleted
    I never understood the need to have rating requirement on pvp gear. No pvp-er worth a dime does pvp for gear just so he can use that superior gear which only his arena rating offers, to faceroll "noobs" instead of using actual skill.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frostier View Post
    rating gear is good imo, it feels more rewarding.
    Well, the best PvPers get a Flying Mount and a title at the End of a Season. This is reward enough to show others you are actually better than them.