Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleros View Post
    I'll be interested to see how those numbers look in October, or even in 3 months. I have a sneaking suspicion that it'll be higher than a lot of people think, as Panda Land has received a lot of negative feedback.
    .....dont bite....just as much negative feedback as GW2 no doubt...damn it thats right everyone sees what they want to see and try to post it as fact.

A better indicative would be the GW2 subforum on MMO-champion that has almost the most viewers at any point in the day. But this doesn't say if it's because the game is good or bad.
    It used to be over 500 a week ago, now it's 367, roughly at the same hours...

Was this thread created specially to advertise that "raptr" website? Because honestly I don't understand why people should care about information from website no one heard about.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by traen View Post
    Was this thread created specially to advertise that "raptr" website? Because honestly I don't understand why people should care about information from website no one heard about.
    No they shouldnt but most posters here are forgeting how most (legit) polls are made take a small sample and with it it you will have a good indication of the trend.

That said i dnt use xfire/raptr.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post

Using the number of forum viewers here is probably not a good indication. As the initial hype of game wears off so will the forum posters. At the time of this post Minecraft has 3 viewers I don't know much about that game since I don't play it but last I heard millions of people play it. The same goes for LoL that has 15 viewers at the time of this post.

Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    The official forums opened.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Galaddriel View Post
    A bigger eye sore of a forum you'll never find, it truly does hurt my eyes to read that font on that glaring white background. I have no idea what the content is like, im sure its better than reading people like me but I get a headache looking at that forum.

Deleted
    I really don't see a correlation between the amount of viewers in a small video games subsection of a World of Warcraft fansite and the overall popularity of a game... especially this close to release.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    I really don't see a correlation between the amount of viewers in a small video games subsection of a World of Warcraft fansite and the overall popularity of a game... especially this close to release.
    Tbh this small section has 400 people in it right now compared to about 1400 in the entire WoW forum so your looking at quite a high number of people in relation, but yes considering LoL has 16 people and its always on top of xfire etc it really doesnt have much of a correlation at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Galaddriel View Post
    This pretty much, I've begun to use that a lot, the fact that Arena Net can respond is a good reason to post there.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    .....dont bite....just as much negative feedback as GW2 no doubt...damn it thats right everyone sees what they want to see and try to post it as fact.
    I'll be interested to see how those numbers look in October, or even in 3 months. I have a sneaking suspicion that it'll be higher than a lot of people think, as Panda Land has received a lot of negative feedback.

If you're referring to panda land getting a lot of negative feedback... well it has. And the part that was my opinion I clearly stated as opinion. Why are your panties in such a twist?

I suspect that GW2 will give WoW a run for its money because WoW's already suffering, there's lots of negative media surrounding it, the sub numbers are plummeting at a much higher rate than any pre-expansion time before, and GW2 is doing so well. I know overall hours played will drop, but I'm more interested to see what position it will hold, considering the top 5 games on the xfire list are free to play. It's become quite obvious that free to play is much more popular than pay to play these days.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowCrafter View Post
    Raptr is the most popular game-tracking site
    I know of a more popular game-tracking site.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleros View Post

If you're referring to panda land getting a lot of negative feedback... well it has. And the part that was my opinion I clearly stated as opinion. Why are your panties in such a twist?

I suspect that GW2 will give WoW a run for its money because WoW's already suffering, there's lots of negative media surrounding it, the sub numbers are plummeting at a much higher rate than any pre-expansion time before, and GW2 is doing so well. I know overall hours played will drop, but I'm more interested to see what position it will hold, considering the top 5 games on the xfire list are free to play. It's become quite obvious that free to play is much more popular than pay to play these days.
    No it hasnt received a lot of negative feedback thats the facts your trying to pull, It has its critics but no more than any expanson or any game or any release thats what I was saying. I have a sneaking suspicion GW2 wont even get close to pandaland... and no its not obvious that F2P is more popular at all not in the mmo scene.

Quote Originally Posted by Jigain View Post
    Um how is that even relevant, when Steam only tracks games it sells?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vervacious View Post
    Um how is that even relevant, when Steam only tracks games it sells?
    It's relevant because it's more popular. Thus, the alleged "most popular" site cannot be the most popular.

Should speak for itself if you read what I quoted, really.

Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    Nice but its still early. If GW2 is still among the top games a month or two from now, then that will mean something.
    This is so true. It's too early to make bold statements.