Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #21
    Moderator Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Waterloo, ON
    Posts
    22,486
    Quote Originally Posted by Undefetter View Post
    Its posts on the relevant forum that matter, not overall posts. If you posted 1,500+ times on the General Forums that doesn't give you the ability to apply for the mod forums of the Shaman forum. You have (including this post) 6 posts in the shaman section. You need to show activity in the area you want to apply for first
    Also, it's just posts in the last 3 months.

    Moanalisa may have followed the thread in from the "recent posts" on the main page, though.

  2. #22
    Cookie Monster Radux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Indiana, USA
    Posts
    12,785
    I feel so loved, despite not being a Shaman specific mod for quite a while now.

    Really, though. If anyone's around the forum and just posting here and there everyday, your time commitment won't be all that much higher.
    I'm very happy I made the plunge to be a mod a few years back. It's actually been a very rewarding experience.

    I'd like to think many others (mods) share the same thoughts on the subject, and I wish the best of luck to all of you who are interested!

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Radux View Post
    I feel so loved, despite not being a Shaman specific mod for quite a while now.

    Really, though. If anyone's around the forum and just posting here and there everyday, your time commitment won't be all that much higher.
    I'm very happy I made the plunge to be a mod a few years back. It's actually been a very rewarding experience.

    I'd like to think many others (mods) share the same thoughts on the subject, and I wish the best of luck to all of you who are interested!
    Indeed, being a mod is pretty rewarding. I spend 95% of my time as a non-Mod poster, so the time commitment is really not much at all, I'd be on the forums anyway, and I have learned so much from the other mods (not just my fellow Shaman mods either). However, don't apply if you think its all about smacking people with ban hammers and locking threads. It really isn't, in fact we try to be as lenient as possible and let a lot slide.


  4. #24
    i want the guy who always argues with endus to be a mod on this forum lol

  5. #25
    Cookie Monster Radux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Indiana, USA
    Posts
    12,785
    Quote Originally Posted by orderschvank View Post
    i want the guy who always argues with endus to be a mod on this forum lol
    That's actually already happened before.

    I know myself, Undefetter, Endus, and zylya have all had points in our time as moderators where we've butted heads and not agreed on various points. We haven't let it get the best of us, by any means.

    We're regular posters like anyone else, with our own ideas and opinions on things. The role of 'Moderator' isn't one of "all must agree on everything" or "Blizzard can do no wrong". It's just one where we ensure the rules of these forums are followed.

  6. #26
    Maybe I'd apply if I still played my Shaman... It gets a little boring at work sometimes!
    WoW PvP; Where DPS are healers, tanks are DPS, and healers are tanks!

    RETH RETH RETH!

  7. #27
    Moderator Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Waterloo, ON
    Posts
    22,486
    Quote Originally Posted by Radux View Post
    That's actually already happened before.

    I know myself, Undefetter, Endus, and zylya have all had points in our time as moderators where we've butted heads and not agreed on various points. We haven't let it get the best of us, by any means.
    Heck, my post count exists because I like discussion. And to me, "discussion" does not involve an echo chamber where everyone agrees with me. I absolutely welcome different viewpoints, especially on the moderator staff. I don't want to post ideas here and have every post be a "good show, Endus old chap" or some such.

    In all seriousness, if you haven't been earning multiple bans or pushing mods to issue in-thread warnings, I'm likely to vote in your favor if you've applied and meet the requirements. Even if I've posted big snarly diatribes about why I think you're wrong somewhere. And nobody's gotten bans or in-thread warnings because they disagreed with me. So don't not apply because you think the existing mods'll veto.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by orderschvank View Post
    i want the guy who always argues with endus to be a mod on this forum lol
    Which one? There are few of us

    Well, in any case, I know I would be terrible mod, my english grammar isn't that good, I'm way too hotheaded and other posters just look at your posts differently when you're mod anyway. I prefer the negative doomsayer role more

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz View Post
    Which one? There are few of us
    I was thinking the same thing (not that there's anything wrong in a passionate discussion about your favorite class). As someone who quit the game though, and being busy the coming year, I wouldn't really qualify though. Good luck with your search.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by orderschvank View Post
    i want the guy who always argues with endus to be a mod on this forum lol
    lol! I think you mean Protoman?
    Would also be nice if it was an enhancer, current mods play elemental and resto iirc.
    Not that they don't know enhancement, but they aren't as passionate about it as eg Levva was.
    (no offense to the mods but I'm sure they know what I mean).
    Last edited by woopytywoop; 2012-09-14 at 12:21 PM.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by woopytywoop View Post
    lol! I think you mean Protoman?
    Would also be nice if it was an enhancer, current mods play elemental and resto iirc.
    Not that they don't know enhancement, but they aren't as passionate about it as eg Levva was.
    (no offense to the mods but I'm sure they know what I mean).
    Blergh, i acually tried now cause i got conviced its not so much of a time commitment. Apparently i've been way too inactive the past 90 days

  12. #32
    Mechagnome Maximus4004's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Manhattan, KS
    Posts
    662
    Quote Originally Posted by Radux View Post
    That's actually already happened before.

    I know myself, Undefetter, Endus, and zylya have all had points in our time as moderators where we've butted heads and not agreed on various points. We haven't let it get the best of us, by any means.

    We're regular posters like anyone else, with our own ideas and opinions on things. The role of 'Moderator' isn't one of "all must agree on everything" or "Blizzard can do no wrong". It's just one where we ensure the rules of these forums are followed.
    If having over 8K posts is being a regular I'm screwed! lol

    At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus4004 View Post
    If having over 8K posts is being a regular I'm screwed! lol
    Endus is the exception that proves the rule Most people i see got somewhere between 1000 and 3000 tbh.

  14. #34
    When I became a Mod I had like a total of 300 posts? Its just about activity in the thread you want to join. Theres a minimum level of activity required but you don't have to dedicate entire evenings too the forums. Me and Endus choose to spend a lot of our time on the forums, but you really don't have too. You need to be reasonably active but 8,000 posts is most definitely not required


  15. #35
    Moderator Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Waterloo, ON
    Posts
    22,486
    Quote Originally Posted by Tides View Post
    Endus is the exception that proves the rule Most people i see got somewhere between 1000 and 3000 tbh.
    When I got picked up as a moderator, I had under 500 posts on the site as a whole. My post count isn't what's required, it's just that I usually pop in a few times a day (working from home being convenient for that), and often respond once or twice. That and I've been at this a few years now, and it adds up over time.

  16. #36
    The Lightbringer Joyful's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Sweee?
    Posts
    3,155
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    When I got picked up as a moderator, I had under 500 posts on the site as a whole. My post count isn't what's required, it's just that I usually pop in a few times a day (working from home being convenient for that), and often respond once or twice. That and I've been at this a few years now, and it adds up over time.
    And doesn't handing out infractions increase the post count?

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    And doesn't handing out infractions increase the post count?
    Actually no, because you generally edit the post of the person your infracting rather than make a new post.


  18. #38
    Moderator Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Waterloo, ON
    Posts
    22,486
    Quote Originally Posted by Undefetter View Post
    Actually no, because you generally edit the post of the person your infracting rather than make a new post.
    But it DOES make a new post in the mod-only infractions forum, under your name. I think those all count.

    I know the almost-2k-posts I have in the Ban Appeals board count; I've only got a little over 5k in the Shaman forum specifically.

  19. #39
    Mechagnome Maximus4004's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Manhattan, KS
    Posts
    662
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    But it DOES make a new post in the mod-only infractions forum, under your name. I think those all count.

    I know the almost-2k-posts I have in the Ban Appeals board count; I've only got a little over 5k in the Shaman forum specifically.
    Nerd man. <3

    At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

  20. #40
    The Lightbringer Joyful's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Sweee?
    Posts
    3,155
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    But it DOES make a new post in the mod-only infractions forum, under your name. I think those all count.

    I know the almost-2k-posts I have in the Ban Appeals board count; I've only got a little over 5k in the Shaman forum specifically.
    \o/
    I knew it was something about hidden forum section or somthing.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •