Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

MMO-Champion Moderator Recruitment

Just so you know, we're still looking for mods, especially for class forums! If you're interested in moderating, read the info below and then feel free to apply.

To those who've applied recently (within the last few weeks), we're still in the process of looking at apps, but we'll have decisions out soon.

MMO-Champion Forums Moderator Recruitment
    Good news everyone! We're recruiting moderators for the forums again! The amount of users and posts keeps increasing and we reached the point again where we need some help before the trolls take over and play Whack-a-Mod in the new Darkmoon Faire. I know it sounds fun, but I'm going to assume we don't want that.

Read this if you plan to apply
    • Please please please, do not apply if you're just super bored during the summer break before you go back to school/work. We are not asking for a life-long commitment, but more than 2 weeks would be nice.
    • Do not apply if you only want to wave your banhammer at random people. Moderators are expected to post on the forums they moderate regularly, contribute, keep the sticky posts clean and updated, etc ...
    • You will be expected to be on IRC most of the time to communicate with the rest of the team. This is very important, and you're not getting promoted before you come and say hi. (We can tell you how that works, it's pretty easy)
    • If you apply to moderate a class forum, you will be expected to know how your class works.

I can do that! What do you need from me?
    • You will need a certain level of activity on forums over the past x days to be eligible to apply on a forum. I'm not going to go into details, but it will make the selection process much easier on our side if we can easily spot who is active and who isn't.
    • A reasonable amount of free time, but probably less than you think. If you're already an active poster (and if we don't screw up, you are) it will probably just 10 more minutes to your daily forum routine.
    • Don't be stupid. Realistically, it will be easy to figure that out by going through your post history, but if you got infracted 5 times over the past month, you're probably out.

How do I apply?
    • Fill this very simple form.
    • Your application will be listed and admins will review it. It should be slightly faster than in the past, since most of the data we used to gather on applicants is now obtained automatically. (Yes, we're going to stalk your forum life)
    • You will get a PM from our lovely Scrapbot if you're refused or accepted. If you're accepted, more instructions will follow, and cake cookies.

Important
    • One of the "base" requirements to be eligible to moderate a forum is to have 50 posts in the past 90 days in that forum. A little over 1 post/day for a moderator doesn't seem excessive, and is required to have credible moderators. Bigger forums might require more posts (150 to 300)
    • Do not apply to another forum just because you're not eligible for the one you wanted in the first place.
    • If we only see bad posts in your history you're going to get refused right away. It's not worth trying to be nice after you applied, we automatically skip those posts to check the ones before your application. It's also the same for post activity, if you posted tons of stuff just to meet the criteria you will be instantly refused.
    • Past infractions won't block you from applying or being a mod if they're small infractions. Obviously, if you did something incredibly stupid your chances to be a mod will be greatly lowered.

I totally would, but i just dont feel like i have the time ! :P
    I hope you guys find someone as great as Radux, Endus, and Undefetter. :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tides View Post
    I totally would, but i just dont feel like i have the time ! :P
    I hope you guys find someone as great as Radux, Endus, and Undefetter. :P
    Well if Unde can do it..

Bastard!

10+ Year Old Account
    I want to do this but apparently, I am being told I can not.

Quote Originally Posted by Aids View Post
    I want to do this but apparently, I am being told I can not.
    Cuz you are still a grunt! (Post count)

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh I know, I was trying to get my account to let me post links. So I posted random responses to get the ability to do so.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarod View Post
    Well if Unde can do it..

Bastard!
    lol screw you Zarod! (hes an ex-guildy fyi guys lol, not just a random troll :P)

Quote Originally Posted by Aids View Post
    Oh I know, I was trying to get my account to let me post links. So I posted random responses to get the ability to do so.
    You need something like 100 or 200 posts in the forum you apply for before you can apply.

Good luck to all.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Deleted
    Do you take requests? Please take a mod that joins our fight and isnt afraid to come out and say "our dps/healing IS bad!"?

We should get a PvP experienced mod for once. That's something these forums have been lacking imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    In football when you are great they make you the striker. If you are too slow they put you in defence. When you really have no idea they make you goalkeeper. And if even that doesn't work out, you become referee. I hope this isn't true for wow with dps/tank/healer/forum mod

Quote Originally Posted by zenga View Post
    In football when you are great they make you the striker. If you are too slow they put you in defence. When you really have no idea they make you goalkeeper. And if even that doesn't work out, you become referee. I hope this isn't true for wow with dps/tank/healer/forum mod
    Clearly you've never played Football before.

Quote Originally Posted by Undefetter View Post
    lol screw you Zarod! (hes an ex-guildy fyi guys lol, not just a random troll :P)

You need something like 100 or 200 posts in the forum you apply for before you can apply.
    ah that explains why i couldnt do it last time i thought it was total post count

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    ah that explains why i couldnt do it last time i thought it was total post count
    I belive the details like that, are all explained up top in Sunshine's post.

I unfortunately bounce around from class to class trying to be good at them all, but I do love your selection for our current shaman mods, they are hawt!

At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would love to do such a job, wouldnt be my first moderator job at a bigger website, but I feel, that i dont have the time to do that...

Nevertheless good luck with your recruitment.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Walktheline View Post
    I would love to do such a job, wouldnt be my first moderator job at a bigger website, but I feel, that i dont have the time to do that...

Nevertheless good luck with your recruitment.
    If you already come on the forum semi-regularly it isn't really any more time commitment. I spend maybe 5 minutes of every day with my 'moderator hat' on, otherwise I just post like any other poster. Its not like you have to sit there for 6 hours a day refreshing the page with your ban hammer lifted over your head. You just do what you normally do and if you see anything (which you don't often really) then you deal with it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Misirlou View Post
    Do you take requests? Please take a mod that joins our fight and isnt afraid to come out and say "our dps/healing IS bad!"?
    Mods are here to make sure users abide by the rules and to keep discussions on the right track and constructive and there is absolutely nothing constructive at all about "I saw a simcraft result that said we're bad therefore we're bad". MMO-champ needs more mods like Radux, Endus and Undefetter.

OT Good luck with recruitment. I wish I could apply for this post but with the uni's and college's starting back up now my activity is likely to drop down again :< Maybe one day...

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently I'm still short on posts. When it happens, it happens. I check the form every day or so to see if I can apply.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Apparently I'm still short on posts. When it happens, it happens. I check the form every day or so to see if I can apply.
    Its posts on the relevant forum that matter, not overall posts. If you posted 1,500+ times on the General Forums that doesn't give you the ability to apply for the mod forums of the Shaman forum. You have (including this post) 6 posts in the shaman section. You need to show activity in the area you want to apply for first