Loot on The Stone Guard (Mogu'shan Vaults 1st boss)

So looking through the dungeon journal, and not that it's a HUGE deal, but i was just more curious than anything, the 1st boss (the stone guard) in Mogu'shan Vaults, drops 0 pieces of loot for caster dps. There is a cloth spirit pants, and a spirit cloak that drops. No weapons, no trinkets/rings/necks with int on it. There's absolutely nothing that drops that a caster would use. Does this happen often where there is a boss with a loot table that drops nothing for a specific class?

aside from tier, Majordomo in FL didnt drop any plate dps pieces. first one off the top of my head

edit: actually there was a chest =b..... scratch that

Ya I couldn't think of any off the top of my head or in the 5 minutes I spent looking through loot tables. I just find it odd that the boss that will be farmed the most has a void in Its loot table for 2 entire classes (Lock/Mage)

No healer gear from Hagara at a quick glance. I think it happens every now and again, though I must say it is suprising in this case that it occurs with a boss that will be so easily farmed as it is the first boss of an instance.

One would assume these "lootless" bosses would be further into an instance.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Cernunnos View Post
    No healer gear from Hagara at a quick glance.
    That ring is used by healers.

Ya the ring on Hagara was used by healers... It's just so odd... No rings/necks/trinkets... Nothing with int and secondary stats for casters

10+ Year Old Account
    no plate tank gear from hagara :3

Technically she did, cause she dropped tier...

yea i saw that bit bummed that first boss dont drop any caster heroic loot.

but oh well im sure we can get over this :P
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

Is there any shared gear for MV?

10+ Year Old Account
    Its bound to happen at times, particularly when you have such a large amount of bosses on 1 tier, since there's really only so much loot to spread around.

There's probably raid wide loot like in firelands and DS. Like, some rings or trinkets or a sword or something. First boss in firelands could still drop that 2h sword, and hagara had her rings/trinkets for unrepresented classes.

While I don't think it's a huge issue if there's a boss that doesnt drop something for a single category, the Stone Guard does drop 2 cloth items without spirit- the Ruby-Linked Girdle and Claws of Amethyst.

Link to the 2 drops? Cause it's not in the dungeon journal.

Deleted
    10 man normal on wowhead.

I don't know if the loot is finalized yet.

Thanks. I guess the dungeon journal just isn't fully up to date.

To be honest, I'd much rather have more bosses that drop specific pieces of loot. That way, the chance of getting the item you need when you kill that boss is higher. I can live with certain bosses not dropping any loot for me if I know I'm more likely to get something off the next 3 bosses.

One of the reasons Blizzard was able to stretch out DS so long is because it did exactly the opposite, and on top of that had a HUGE pool of "shared" loot drops with low %. So basically you had a 2% chance per boss at that trinket you need...and every other class loot was diluting the tables of the boss that you NEEDED loot off of. I did DS10 for at least 4 months after coming back to the game, and never saw the shield off Warmaster, in normal OR heroic, or a single SSV/Pride. Going into MoP with H-FL drops in those slots.

Quote Originally Posted by Kunta View Post
    So looking through the dungeon journal, and not that it's a HUGE deal, but i was just more curious than anything, the 1st boss (the stone guard) in Mogu'shan Vaults, drops 0 pieces of loot for caster dps. There is a cloth spirit pants, and a spirit cloak that drops. No weapons, no trinkets/rings/necks with int on it. There's absolutely nothing that drops that a caster would use. Does this happen often where there is a boss with a loot table that drops nothing for a specific class?
    When did Shadowpriests, Boomkins and Elemental shamans get removed from the game?

I don't see your issue. As a holy priest I had to survive the entire t12 without a single cloth spirit drop from the entire instance, random enchants aside. Things didn't get much better in DS.

There's so many bosses, there's bound to be 1-2 that don't have anything you want.