Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Asphyxxiate View Post
    Can someone clarify as to what this means? I hope this doesn't mean it can't proc multiple times in a row anymore.
    What I think it means is that if you hit Templar's Verdict it can no longer proc another Divine Purpose after 1 so you can't just chain TV anymore. Basically no more strings of 2-5 TV's since DP can only proc once.
    Last edited by Omina; 2012-09-13 at 03:56 PM.

Deleted
    From sims, my own personal logs and those of others, that guides assessment of frost is plain wrong. Guy obviously hasn't taken the time to get his own numbers, fucking amateur.

Quote Originally Posted by Omina View Post
    What I think it means is that if you hit Templar's Verdict it can no longer proc another Divine Purpose after 1 so you can't just chain TV anymore. Basically no more strings of 2-5 TV's since DP can only proc once.
    That is exactly the premise of Challenge Mode and tye experience of [seasoned, veteran] internal testers. I believe the terms "pulling my hair out" were quoted in a recent Blues conversation on the difficulty of Gold -relative to anything before it.

TLR Gold should be the hardest challenge in the history of Wow; in their words.

Bring it on!

I dont think that this guide should be on the front page. After watching it, there is so much misinformation in it that its more of a hindrance to anyone who would need such a guide than it is helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by moveth View Post
    I dont think that this guide should be on the front page. After watching it, there is so much misinformation in it that its more of a hindrance to anyone who would need such a guide than it is helpful.
    I think it's worthwhile putting it on the front page just to give exposure to someone making an effort to share information (just, you wouldn't post a link EVERY time this person made a video). At the same time, I agree the video isn't an authoritative source on all things mage. Personally I prefer a textual write-up when it comes to this sort of information that I can consume in much less time than 30 minutes, but I did recommend it to a more casual friend of mine that prefers videos.

Quote Originally Posted by petre View Post
    I think it's worthwhile putting it on the front page just to give exposure to someone making an effort to share information (just, you wouldn't post a link EVERY time this person made a video). At the same time, I agree the video isn't an authoritative source on all things mage. Personally I prefer a textual write-up when it comes to this sort of information that I can consume in much less time than 30 minutes, but I did recommend it to a more casual friend of mine that prefers videos.
    I suppose that is a valid argument. I might just be too informed to not nitpick the video :[

Lol - Blizzard is so desperate to try get ppl back to WOW atm. Good job Anet. Hopefully you can keep BLizzard on their toes for more than few weeks after the launch. And we might just get 7 months of no updates in the end of MOP expansion.
    Last edited by duster2; 2012-09-13 at 06:47 PM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Besides the already stated problem of not being accurate when talking about frost, the video is contains errors with the talents. For example, the video ignored completly the second sentence in the description of Ice Barrier, it provides pushback protection, no delays on your cast if you receive damage, wich could be considered a dps increase since with the other talents receiving damage would mean losing dps.

CRZ fixes are terribly vague considering how many bugs and complaints there are. Would love specifics regarding what was fixed.

"There is a thin, semantic line separating weird and beautiful. And that line is covered in jellyfish." - Welcome to Night Vale.

Quote Originally Posted by duster2 View Post
    Lol - Blizzard is so desperate to try get ppl back to WOW atm. Good job Anet. Hopefully you can keep BLizzard on their toes for more than few weeks after the launch. And we might just get 7 months of no updates in the end of MOP expansion.
    ha, i can see it now; "We want to release content more quickly in MOP," 7 months later...no content released since MOP has launched
    Photo Website: http://www.jeremynative.com Please check out

Challenge modes are interesting, they built on the Rift design of Master dungeons where you cannot queue for them and they require specific organized groups with appropriate gear for an insane challenge except they chose to also make them timed. Further, they offer gear that is high end raid quality, whereas Blizz chose to award Tmogs and more Valor points. I thought it funny they gave a shout out to a dev for copying another game's design and just improving on it. Maybe proof the other devs look at other games while the higher ups don't? Wish I worked for a company like that... "Boss, here's an idea I've been kicking around. (insert another company's marketing strategy here)". "Brilliant! Why didn't we think of that sooner! You're getting a raise, mister!"

Quote Originally Posted by Idletime View Post
    I thought it funny they gave a shout out to a dev for copying another game's design and just improving on it. Maybe proof the other devs look at other games while the higher ups don't? Wish I worked for a company like that... "Boss, here's an idea I've been kicking around. (insert another company's marketing strategy here)". "Brilliant! Why didn't we think of that sooner! You're getting a raise, mister!"
    What do you propose instead? Every game be completely independent and unique? Don't be silly. Yes it *is* good business's and design to take a trending idea and refine, capitalise on it. Also you (and I, et al) do not know how long the Challenge Mode system design had been under development.

Deleted
    All due respect, but that 'seasoned' mage from the guide isn't all that informed.
    He is assuming some things that are just not true, which effectively lowers the DPS of all viewers 'because that guy on YouTube must be right why would I try finding out stuff myself'
    Icy Veins made the same mistake, but that is corrected now.

The point that bothered me the most was the Living Bomb part, he assumes that you must let it run out for the explosion to trigger, which is true... if you still play in Cata...
    In MoP you can refresh it right before the last tick, and still let the explosion go off, making the rotation way more forgiving and providing a dps boost for every player that is not a simulator (perfect).

Here is how it works now (tested and confirmed):
    LB ticks 5 times for me + one explosion on the last tick
    If I refresh it after the explosion I get a total of 10 ticks +2 explosions
    If I refresh it right after the 4th tick it triggers the explosion and I get a total of 10 ticks + 2 explosions.
    If I refresh it right after the 3th tick it doesn't trigger the explosion and I get a total of 9 ticks + 1 explosion

Aside from getting Frost wrong, I thought the mage guide was a pretty good overview, at least for PvE. Can't really expect him to cover the more obscure details in a short video. Lhivera has an entire compendium of Non-Obvious Mage Mechanics for those who care about that.

Deleted
    Guy in the mage guide has no clue about arcane tbh, with arcane you are supposed to stay above 90% mana outside your burnphase (read the mastery tooltip already), in the burn phase (when cd is up) get to 6 stacks, use cd, use glyphed mana gem and then spam down till the mana gem ends, evocate if needed and continue rotation (6 stacks, missiles if up otherwise barrage) to stay above 90%. If you play arcane properly you can top above both other specs at lvl 85 in DS, without the lvl 90 talents.
    Also he has no clue how to play a frost mage.