10+ Year Old Account

Voidwalker/voidlord tanking

Is this pet supposed to be terrible at aoe threat or am I doing something wrong? I'm trying to solo normal stonecore as destro/aff with 400 ilvl gear and I get completely destroyed by trash near the entrance. The pet takes a very long time to get aoe threat on all the mobs.

The Voidwalker and Voidlord don't really have any form of AoE threat generation.

The felguard does more threat IMO. When I level my low lvl lock it always gets aggro in dungeons and get instagibbed. So annoying to get yelled at by bad tanks and needing to re-sum pet after every pack.

Quote Originally Posted by Mudor View Post
    The felguard does more threat IMO. When I level my low lvl lock it always gets aggro in dungeons and get instagibbed. So annoying to get yelled at by bad tanks and needing to re-sum pet after every pack.
    Same thing happens with the Wrathguard and competent tanks. For some reason they're generating a ridiculous amount of threat and require multiple resummons. I switched to the Shivarra/Succubus after two or three of the Felguard's/Wrathguard's deaths.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudor View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorticough View Post
    Same thing happens with the Wrathguard and competent tanks. For some reason they're generating a ridiculous amount of threat and require multiple resummons. I switched to the Shivarra/Succubus after two or three of the Felguard's/Wrathguard's deaths.
    It's because the Felguard/Wrathguard have Threating Plates on by default, which makes it do a LOT more aggro. Turning it off in the pets spellbook, might help.

Quote Originally Posted by Icebear View Post
    It's because the Felguard/Wrathguard have Threating Plates on by default, which makes it do a LOT more aggro. Turning it off in the pets spellbook, might help.
    You have to turn off the ability too, not just the autocast. If you see the icon (the old eradication icon I believe), it's off. If you see the standard icon for a stance you are currently in (that light blue bubble) then it's on.

Personally I was able to easily solo Stonecore on normal in demonology on beta.

So that's why my Wrathguard kept dying in dungeons, never thought of that.

Gotta turn off that stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    You have to turn off the ability too, not just the autocast. If you see the icon (the old eradication icon I believe), it's off. If you see the standard icon for a stance you are currently in (that light blue bubble) then it's on.

Something got nerfed then, my wrathguard dies faster than I can heal it on trash

Quote Originally Posted by Icebear View Post
    I never even noticed anything like that in the spellbook.

It was kind of a clusterfuck to me until I figured out it was alphabetical. I'll look for it today maybe.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    Stonecore was soloable as affliction pre-patch, I imagine it must be incredibly easy now / on beta regardless of spec.

As for VW AOE threat, yeah - it's useless, great single target, but absolutely terrible AOE.