Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I'd consider item upgrades to be akin to belt buckles or enchants on chest etc personally - don't see how they would affect different items differently. Upgrade your BiS trinkets/weapons first, obviously, then do things like Head/Legs --> gloves/belt/boots/shoulders ---> neck/rings/cape. I guess upgraded Conq items versus VP gear and normal/LFR items might be useful, but let's be honest - if you're using the spreadsheet chances are you don't live in LFR only.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemah View Post
    “When people talk about the good old days, I say to people, 'It's not the days that are old, it's you that's old.' I hate the good old days. What is important is that today is good.”
    ― Karl Lagerfeld
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    I'd consider item upgrades to be akin to belt buckles or enchants on chest etc personally - don't see how they would affect different items differently. Upgrade your BiS trinkets/weapons first, obviously, then do things like Head/Legs --> gloves/belt/boots/shoulders ---> neck/rings/cape. I guess upgraded Conq items versus VP gear and normal/LFR items might be useful, but let's be honest - if you're using the spreadsheet chances are you don't live in LFR only.
    Wouldn't really say its similar to belt buckles as belt buckles are one slot and easily obtainable (not one per week with VP). the reasoning I have for it at the moment is for a few scenarios. is item X > Item Y with 1 or 2 upgrades (short term up grade), will upgrading item X be better than upgrading Item Y ( some trinkets might be better to upgrade than weapons) and lastly to minimise "WHICH ITEM DO I UPGRADE FIRST" threads from popping up by having a way to show which is the better upgrade to do first.

As far as reforging goes, maybe add an option to reforge the weakest stat (mastery or haste) on a critless piece to crit automatically? Or to hit or mastery on something like the tier chest ( it's crit/ haste and Garalon chest is crit/ hit- I'd like to see if Garalon's chest still beats tier by more than misshapen shoulders beat tier in 5.1 according to stat weights without doing a bunch of math, and some other pieces too).

Blah, went ahead and did it manually, assuming hit> mastery over 7.5% in 5.1, and reforging accordingly, Garalon chest is actually BiS over Ambershaper shoulders. I know reforging isn't static, but the difference between ambershaper shoulders and tier shoulders w/ haste reforged to crit is negligible.

Edit edit: according to SimC on SMF BIS on both live and PTR, 10,000 iterations, Mastery> hit over hitcap, so I'll need to re-do some of the things. It didn't end up affecting the tier priority though, I don't think. I'd trust it more if you did this button thing, do haste ---> crit or haste ---> mastery/hit depending on what the piece has on it, preferring hit for simplicity and consistency on how the rest of the sheet is set up.
    Last edited by Freedom; 2012-11-25 at 11:43 PM.
    “When people talk about the good old days, I say to people, 'It's not the days that are old, it's you that's old.' I hate the good old days. What is important is that today is good.”
    ― Karl Lagerfeld

As far as reforging goes, maybe add an option to reforge the weakest stat (mastery or haste) on a critless piece to crit automatically? Or to hit or mastery on something like the tier chest ( it's crit/ haste and Garalon chest is crit/ hit- I'd like to see if Garalon's chest still beats tier by more than misshapen shoulders beat tier in 5.1 according to stat weights without doing a bunch of math, and some other pieces too).

Blah, went ahead and did it manually, assuming hit> mastery over 7.5% in 5.1, and reforging accordingly, Garalon chest is actually BiS over Ambershaper shoulders. I know reforging isn't static, but the difference between ambershaper shoulders and tier shoulders w/ haste reforged to crit is negligible.

Edit edit: according to SimC on SMF BIS on both live and PTR, 10,000 iterations, Mastery> hit over hitcap, so I'll need to re-do some of the things. It didn't end up affecting the tier priority though, I don't think. I'd trust it more if you did this button thing, do haste ---> crit or haste ---> mastery/hit depending on what the piece has on it, preferring hit for simplicity and consistency on how the rest of the sheet is set up.
    Like eso and I were discussing, reforging on the spreadsheet would give a false sense that an item was BiS and when a gear set is made it might cause other items to become worse to compensate that item, this scenario wont happen all the time. the current BiS list that eso made is correct, the garalon chest does not outweigh the shoulders. Simc still has problems (only last week did they fix the raging blow bug) and mastery = hit over cap (as according to Landsoul), hit should be used for sustained fights and mastery for more bursty fights (for SMF).

Ok, I trust you on the tier thing, but I don't get why you couldn't, say, automatically reforge the haste on Lei Shin's or tier chest to something more useful. It'd probably be a lot of work for not much gain, though, as anyone using the spreadsheet hopefully knows the reforge haste to crit.
    ― Karl Lagerfeld

I get the feeling there is no stat weighting on your side-by-side comparison.

For example,
    Here we see the side by side of the two debatably BiS warrior dps belts.
    On your spreadsheet we have Patroller's ahead by 288.28
    On this weighted spreadsheet I cut out Patroller's is again ahead, but by 319.96 weighted stats.
    Now we look at the stats on the right of those stats and see that post proper reforge the Warbelt is ahead by 298.44 weighted stats.

If we look at THIS image:

We can see that from the excel calculations using your spreadsheet's stat weights, with otherwise full BiS, ignoring haste & expertise as they are equal that Warbelt is 193.6 weighted points higher, while Mr.Robot (seen next to it) has it as 586weighted points higher, as their stat weights differ.

-=-Sig by Rivellana-=-

Quote Originally Posted by Travex View Post
    I get the feeling there is no stat weighting on your side-by-side comparison.
    it merely just lookups the values from the main spreadsheet, can I look at the spreadsheet you were using?

I don't approve of this Spreadsheet because Requiel cursed me with a H Crocodile sword not dropping <3

Adding the new 5.1 patch gear soon? Trinket, ring, belt and boots...

Quote Originally Posted by Keensteel View Post
    Adding the new 5.1 patch gear soon? Trinket, ring, belt and boots...
    trinkets already there, boots and belt are comming

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnermighty View Post
    I don't approve of this Spreadsheet because Requiel cursed me with a H Crocodile sword not dropping <3
    fight me irl.

Quote Originally Posted by Requiel View Post
    trinkets already there, boots and belt are comming

fight me irl.
    Is this spreadsheet going to be good for the patch tomorrow? I don't think stat weights are gonna change just wanted to be sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Flalia4 View Post
    Is this spreadsheet going to be good for the patch tomorrow? I don't think stat weights are gonna change just wanted to be sure.
    it will be fine

I made no spreadsheet, simply a series of calculations in my own effort to determine which belt I want a little bit down the road

Edit: JK, there is no heroic Warbelt...math for posterity's sake then...
    Last edited by Travex; 2012-11-27 at 02:33 PM.

-=-Sig by Rivellana-=-

Actually, I am pretty sure there is a heroic Warbelt, as well as a Garalon's Graven Carapace. I can't troll armories right now but if you look around I am pretty sure some people have it equipped.
    ― Karl Lagerfeld

There are heroic versions of them, Wowhead just isn't updated with the items as they were added to the game relatively late. (Example, my armory I have the heroic belt).

Malevolent Gladiator's Signet of Accuracy has 535 Mastery instead of 353 Mastery. So ist a way lower in DPS value. (Worse den Golden Lotus Valor)

Actually, I am pretty sure there is a heroic Warbelt, as well as a Garalon's Graven Carapace. I can't troll armories right now but if you look around I am pretty sure some people have it equipped.
    they were added to the sheet before heroic HoF came out.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAlaine View Post
    Malevolent Gladiator's Signet of Accuracy has 535 Mastery instead of 353 Mastery. So ist a way lower in DPS value. (Worse den Golden Lotus Valor)
    fixed

The amulet Shackle of Eversparks has 604 strength, not 506, and should be much higher. Also, the cloak Malevolent Gladiator's Cloak of Powess is missing.

Thank you for your work!!
    Last edited by oramus7517; 2012-12-05 at 05:33 AM.

sinnermighty said what I do is shit, so im calling it quits.

loljk hes bad.

OT: sorry I haven't updated this in a while as I was in New Zealand over the Christmas holidays, the current plan is to do a overhaul of the spreadsheet to make it more user friendly layout (not having a giant wall of text on the opening screen), more accurate trinket analysis, updated default gemming, etc. So if you want something major added in just ask.
    Last edited by Requiel; 2013-01-08 at 07:52 AM.