Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Are the primal elemtalist macro's really a dps increase? I know macro's like that are for hunter's. But do we really need to manually use them ourselves?

Deleted
    shoulden't EB come after LvB in priority?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by N30 View Post
    shoulden't EB come after LvB in priority?
    It should.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zykenwolf View Post
    Are the primal elemtalist macro's really a dps increase? I know macro's like that are for hunter's. But do we really need to manually use them ourselves?
    I should think your likely much better off putting them on auto-cast. Making your Fire Ele recast Immolate before it needs too is a DPS loss at the very least. The AI on them is pretty good to manage itself.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rewn View Post
    It should.
    asking cause OP write

Searing totem > Flame shock > Elemental Blast > Lava Burst > Earth shock (6-7stacks) > Lightning Bolt

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by N30 View Post
    asking cause OP write

Searing totem > Flame shock > Elemental Blast > Lava Burst > Earth shock (6-7stacks) > Lightning Bolt
    It was recently discussed in this thread :- http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...lemental-Blast

A quick summary :- Numbers wise, EB is worse than LvB per cast,

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rewn View Post
    It was recently discussed in this thread :- http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...lemental-Blast

A quick summary :- Numbers wise, EB is worse than LvB per cast,
    about the Damge per cast i was aware that LvB>EB and seeing that thing was make me wandering XDDDDDDDDDDDD

Is Earthquake not being used again for AoE?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Allyrion View Post
    Is Earthquake not being used again for AoE?
    Its most definitely still being used. We have multiple stages of DPS. Single Target, Cleave (2-3 targets), Heavy Cleave/Light AoE (4 targets, CL Glyph needed), Heavy AoE (5+ Targets, EQ used and CL Glyph needed). Most classes just have Single Target or AoE, whilst some have a Cleave (Multi-DoTing or 'true cleaves' like Cleave and CL ect that hit multiple targets) phase too (2 or 3 targets, not enough to spam your AoE abilities, otherwise thats just an AoE phase, but a different rotation to single target).

EQ just needs to be used in the right circumstances.

EQ just needs to be used in the right circumstances.[/QUOTE]

so never because its worthless, having "maybe" 1 or 2 fights a x pac were it might even be worth the trouble to put it down makes it worth keeping around /

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beuwulf View Post
    so never because its worthless, having "maybe" 1 or 2 fights a x pac were it might even be worth the trouble to put it down makes it worth keeping around /
    Not understanding the value of Earthquake does not make it useless.

Fights where EQ has value, in Cataclysm;

Halfus Wyrmbreaker
    Cho'gall
    Magmaw
    Maloriak
    Nefarian
    Beth'tilac
    Ragnaros
    Yor'sahj
    Madness of Deathwing

That's a far cry from 1-2. Perhaps if you meant 2-4, and per tier, you'd be closer to accurate.

And before you respond saying "I totally have my (H) achievement for that boss and didn't use EQ", for one, being carried by your teammates does not mean you optimized your own gameplay, and for two, some of those (particularly BWD/BoT) were current content when EQ worked wildly differently than it currently does, and I'm extrapolating the current damage and mechanics to how it would have been used when the content was current.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nefarian & Beth'tilac? o_O

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SenSayNyu View Post
    Nefarian & Beth'tilac? o_O
    Nefarian because you can drop it on the skeletons, particularly in P1, to help with kiting and skeleton tank survival, though I'll admit that's a bit iffy and depends a lot on your strategy.

Beth'tilac, it's absolutely usable on the spiderlings, depending on how much DPS you're putting on them. The chance to knockdown slows them a bit, and given that they're following a predictable path, you can easily drop it in their path.

Both are more about taking advantage of the knockdown effect than the straight-up damage, but you shouldn't be ignoring that knockdown effect.

I would say EQ is really bad for those two examples. If you only stun some you spread the adds out which is really bad.
    Last edited by Volitar; 2012-09-17 at 01:39 AM.
    Hi Sephurik

10+ Year Old Account
    I think Cho'gall oozes and maybe Magmaw worms might be a better example.

10+ Year Old Account
    updated my guide

10+ Year Old Account
    Updated macros

Deleted
    That stat priority can't be right.

You mention that we need 15% for hit cap but say that Orcs, Dwarfs and Draenei's need less. This is only true 100% of the time for Draenei. For Orcs and Dwarfs it's dependent on the weapon you've got (fists and axes/maces racial of expertise where expertise now equals spell hit). So what you're saying about those classes needing less Hit isn't strictly true. Probably best it's mentioned that a dwarf with a staff (urgh) or spell power dagger for example will still need the full 5,100 spell hit to be capped.

Also; the "CD macro" where you mention trinkets by name I think would be better if it just said "use/ 13" or "use/ 14" rather than the actual name of the trinket. Saves having to update your macro every time you get a new trinket. I'm sure this is really a personal choice rather than an issue TBF.

You also forgot to add a "/yell [insert phrase there]'" when you cast heroism. Maybe that's just me
    Last edited by Navitas; 2012-10-02 at 10:38 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Navitas View Post
    Also; the "CD macro" where you mention trinkets by name I think would be better if it just said "use/ 13" or "use/ 14" rather than the actual name of the trinket. Saves having to update your macro every time you get a new trinket. I'm sure this is really a personal choice rather than an issue TBF.

word!

I think you should also mention for people that dont know yet that you can macro Totemic Projection into your totem spells if someone is still wasting time clicking totem and then clicking relocation this is a guide afterall