Question If you were to add a new proffesion to the game what would that be?

As title.

Discuss.

EDIT

Profession, cant edit the topic, to bad.
    Last edited by Nataya; 2012-09-13 at 12:50 PM. Reason: Spelling

I would probably just shuffle abilities around so they make more sense... like Smelting to Blacksmith.

Woodcrafting.
    Creates staves, bows, wands, throwing weapons, shields and armor (enchanted wooden armor could be leather armor for druids, or ironwood plate for example)

For gathering prof I'd use herbalism and give the woodcrafter the ability to compress herbs into wooden planks or something like that, rather than adding another gathering proff.

15+ Year Old Account
    Woodcrafting is an obvious one, a slight change I'd make is to give more mail plans to blacksmiths, in TBC blacksmithing was awesome for my shaman, awesome weapons and a few nice bits of mail, but they've forced it to LW only and now I have a profession that is pretty much only useful for its perks (i know all proffs are pretty much like that anyways)

I'm not sure what there is a gap in what proffs can make, without adding a new aspect to the game (like glyphs)

Carpentry. Prof, which would cover anything from housing up to crafting some pieces of gear (like staves, bows, etc.).

i`d have to go with woodcutting, and then maybe something you could use the wood to create things with, kind of like mining/smelting. i`ve noticed a lot of games i`ve played let you go around, cutting down different trees (Runescape anyone? lol) and it was always fun to me.

Deleted
    auctioneer.

Currently every gathering profession is feeding multiple crafting profs...except for Skinning. So, the game really could use another crafting prof that utilizes leather.

Some ideas:

Taxidermy: Create lifelike replicas of creates you kill in the world, that can act as "decoys" during combat or fun vanity/gadget items. Rare recipes include new combat pets and mounts as well as weapons (who wouldn't want to beat people over the head with a stuffed tiger 2H mace?) Also allows Blizzard to use the "Chuck Testa" meme as a pop-culture joke.

Necromancy: Uses leather and enchanting materials to create your own undead creatures that serve as guardians, battle pets and even mounts. Can also craft on-use items that work like Potion of Illusion to transform you into an undead model for x minutes. Maybe even make a new category of raid consumable to accommodate for players using the necromancy-created guardians for DPS/healing increase. Examples:

Val'kyr: Increases healing by x% and can carry the healer out of AOE effects for y seconds while allowing casting to continue.
    Geist: Increases agility by x and allows you to leap directly behind targeted enemy and deal Y damage.
    Var'gul: Increases strength by x and grants the ability Dark Smash, which increases AOE damage taken by all targets by y% for z seconds.
    Flesh Giant: Reduces damage taken by x% and surrounds the player with an Arc Shield, dealing y% of damage taken back to the attacker as Nature damage.

Just some ideas.

Oeh I like the necromancy idea. Maybe they could update skinning to "scavenging" so that in addition to skinning they could loot other necromancy related items (flesh, bones, "liquids" and such), or keep that on necromancy like the tailoring cloth drop buff.

It could also be a magical/meaty version of engineerings mechanics, with undeadth themed item buffs or guardians and buffs.

Well, I was thinking you could just combine raw meat from cooking ingredients with the leather, and maybe some vendor items (bones). I just figure, since so many people have been asking for necros as a class and DKs didn't *quite* get it down, we could get it as a profession. Obviously it'd have to be balanced, etc so you couldn't do anything REALLY off the cuff with it.

Would be awesome if you could "augment" you character Abomination-style and add a third arm sticking out of your back that you could equip a weapon in. Triple-wield rogues inc.

Something that uses leather.

Honestly, they might as well merge skinning with LW, it's the only profession that uses leather, and it's not as profitable compared ench or jc, at that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Furniture Crafting, or something like that. It would come with the addition of houses. It would mainly use Skinning. You would need to buy wood and stuff from vendors, similar to thread or parchments.

The only downside is I do not see how they would implement "raiding" bonuses for that profession. Maybe it would be a secondary profession instead.

Carpentry, gathering profession could be herbalism. Carve tree: Inspect trees and extract splinters which you then combine to make planks for crafting. (sorta like leather scraps)

Also a rather unexplored world is oil and natural gasses, maybe make engineering use the mats for non engineer explosives. This would also open up a market for engineers to have a reliable market, the explosives made with "Oil and Gas" profession could work like combat potions but allow one use per 2 minute (not scale with player stats or damage increases). Engineers could make many different explosives, everything from frost grenades to big barrels of AoE oriented bombs.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

I like the idea of carpentry. Imagine a new profession that would allow you to sell goods to players for "Player/Guild Housing."

You could harvest lumbar nodes, and make items like doors, brick walls, furniture and torches, and maybe even diamond pickaxes. lol.

You could have low level housing with houses like cabins, and then high level housing that would be instanced castles for guilds. It could have an upkeep or repair over time requirement that would be awesome gold-sink. And if you let it decay, it would fall apart over time. It could be incorporated into future patches and build on the existing player farms that will be released soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalium View Post
    I would probably just shuffle abilities around so they make more sense... like Smelting to Blacksmith.
    They could also move level 40+ mail items from BS to LW and restore to trainers the recipes that were lost when specialization were removed.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would probably make farming into an entire separate profession instead of the daily quest set like it is now. Would make it a bit less stationary though, for example, certain seeds would be able to grow only in certain zones.

15+ Year Old Account
    Tbh I don't find any professions in WoW to be fun. Maybe something to customize your gear/character? You know something for fun that doesn't require hundreds of hours worth of mindless grinding.
    Facilis Descensus Averno

10+ Year Old Account
    Woodworking for houses AND for ships. Houses would display a visual trophy case of all your achievements and ships would be used for a new type of PvP :naval pvp and as mounts for the South Seas expansion.

Deleted
    A fucking vendor.

A Barber/Hairdresser would be actually very fun!