10+ Year Old Account

How long should i sleep after an allnighter?

Hello, i think i'm in the part to post this, but seeing MoP is coming out very soon (New WoW expansion if no1 knows that : / )
    and i'm planning to go flat out leveling etc so i have a plan in my head for the day of the launch but i need some advice and help to make sure i don't die.

The expansion launches around 7pm my time and my plan so far is be awake for 24hours, go to bed, get up 8-9hours later (Normal time i sleep for) get up around 2-3am.. be awake until around 9pm. Short version: Be awake for 24hours, sleep 8-9, awake for 19 hours then normal sleep pattern.

I'm just wondering if im getting enough sleep after the 24hours, or if i need more. I know i can do the 24hours easily but other then that i'll be not drinking any energy drinks, just water, juice and maybe a couple of coffee's, but i will be going for walks around down the street every 3hours or so.

I know it sounds horrible me doing this for a game but tough, ur on a mmo site ;P but im sure a lot of people reading this will be doing the same.

So any advice for me and maybe some others that are curious. I wanna play as much as i can without killing myself

Thanks

Deleted
    You won't kill yourself by not sleeping enough

Funny thing about the human body; it will go to sleep on it's own, whether you like it or not.
    Unless, ofcourse, you are stupid enough to mess up that process with stimulants...

On-topic: You can easily go 48 hours without sleep. Just get enough sleep afterwards and you will be just fine.

Sleep your normal amount, Else your body will try to adapt if you do it too much.
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

better just play for 40 hours, then sleep the night on the day after, sometimes juggling sleep schedules is worse than not sleeping at all. if you want to keep awake easily just make sure you eat something(something real, not junk food) every 1-2 hours.

10+ Year Old Account
    Easiest way I've found to slip back in to a normal sleep pattern after pulling an all-nighter is to just sleep as much as you need to after the all-nighter, don't count hours. Just sleep until you're not sleepy/tired anymore, then don't push yourself to stay awake the next night. I'm always able to slip back into a normal night's sleep the night after an all-nighter as long as I'm not trying to stay awake again.

one thing to note is there is no such thing as catching up on sleep, you don't have a bank of it somewhere where you can store more nor can you overdraw, so once your done gaming (I've done this every expansion so far don't feel bad ) just go to bed when you normally would and get up at your regular time this will be the quickest way to get you back on track

10+ Year Old Account
    So from some of your guys comments (Thank you by the way) If i do sleep for 24hours or more, i usually when i don't have a plan sleep afterwards for a good 12-13 hours, instead should i just have 8 hours sleep then be up for another 19hours? Im not worrying about what my sleep patterns is like afterwards because i got the next month off study, so plenty time for that.

Just really want to know if i can play in total around 40 hours with only 8 hours sleep in the middle of thaT if that makes sense

Thanks

9 hours is good for these situations, I sometimes even go to 12 hours after not sleeping one night.

You should be okay. Just remember to eat, drink, and move every few hours.

Sleep? Where do you buy that?
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

10+ Year Old Account
    Regardless how many hours I've been up consecutively I just can't sleep more than 8 or 9 hours. My body just wakes up and I can't get back to sleep.

Anyway, OP, I'd try and stay up to the next time you'd normally go to bed and then try for a regular night's sleep, just to get back into the typical cycle.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Deleted
    I try to avoid all-nighters.

I used to be able to pull them when I was 16 or so.

Now when I am 18 I just can't anymore.

In my honest opinion there is no worse feeling than no sleep.

15+ Year Old Account
    you should be able to go maybe 2 full days without sleep. if you are going to pull an all nighter for MoP launch, i would recommend that you stay up all day (sugar and caffeine are your friend for this) and then go to sleep at your normal time that night (or maybe an hour or two early).

until you wake up.