Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I read that at 364 wpm with 73% comprehension (8 out of 11).

But I didn't know I will have to answer questions :P so I didn't fiddle over seemingly irrelevant details, otherwise I'd read more carefully (and more slowly) but with as close to 100% comprehension as possible.

Anyway I think it's not bad since english isn't my native language nor is it actively spoken in my country.

Deleted
    504 wpm with 91% comprehension.

It would probably would've been lower if i didn't read the Harry Potter books when i was a kid. It's thanks to JK Rowling that i started to read/enjoy books in general and improve my reading speed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    I don't know how you guys read that fast while keeping your comprehension so high. When I try to stop reading with my inner voice and just look at the words, my eyes tend to fly over words and I end up not remembering anything.
    hahaha I do the same thing. I usually end up catching myself and then going back and re-reading it from where I last remember.
    I got 190 WPM and 81% comprehension.

Edit: It probably doesn't help that my TV is on either.
    Last edited by Waaldo; 2012-09-13 at 10:56 PM.
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

320 with 82%, not bad i guess.

Deleted
    Why is this shit even listed as comprehension? It's nothing more than memorizing numbers. I have 693 wpm with 81% comprehension apparently. Any question without numbers I answer correctly, any answer with numbers I just click randomly because I didn't even try to memorize them, lol.

O.o

716 WPM with 100% comprehension?

There is something not right there, haha. Even though my job is like 90% text and speed/accuracy that just seems WAY too fast to be possible.

10+ Year Old Account
    651 WPM with 91% comprehension.

I've always been a good reader though, and am classified intellectually gifted with a focus on linguistic capabilities. But I can attribute most of that to having a huge love of reading as a child, with the Harry Potter books being the first I read when I was six. Good memories from those books.
    Last edited by Rigimi44; 2012-09-14 at 01:31 AM.
    Formerly The Dwarf Lover (TDL)

hahahaha No words read; 100% reading comprehension.

Due to the context I basically only had to guess about WTF they could mean about "A race driver's average speakin speed?" ( *also* for a minute I was like, "Wait, is he/is he not supposed to be a part time auctioneer or some shit?" ) and the 50%/60%/85% one just made sense to me, /shrug.

Edit: 498 wpm. Speed reading does seem pretty interesting, though.
    Last edited by Confirm Deny; 2012-09-14 at 02:47 AM.

403 WPM with 9% Comprehension....

I blame my non-existent ADHD. And my anxiety.
    Sweeter than yo mama's apple pie.

264, 91%

Doesnt sound at all fast enough:d

341 with 82% comprehension. Didn't bother to memorize the rubbish numbers.

383 WPM, 100% comprehension.

Guess that's why I did well on my SATs =P

EDIT: speed reading I was sitting ~600 WPM. I want to know how people's brains function at speeds higher than that...

Although, in fairness, I'm probably rusty. I don't think I've read a book for fun in over a year, and that was the SoIaF series. Before that, I hadn't read a series since the end of Harry Potter. Most of the books I read nowadays are stuff like Heart of Darkness, and GOOD LUCK speed reading that...
    Last edited by Darnash; 2012-09-14 at 03:03 AM.

614, with 91% accuracy

If only I could read a bit faster It wouldn't take so long to read the giant books I decide are my favorites. So much more detail in the longer books (well for the most part)
    Life Grip -Sargeras

Deleted
    357 WPM
    82% comprehesion

didn't sleep and my eyes hurt as hell and my brain is not functioning that well, i am kinda suprised by my score :P

10+ Year Old Account
    660 WPM. A lot faster than I expected lol. 73% on the comp. Mostly because the questions required you to extrapolate more information than was assumed in the text.

However, if I'm actually reading for enjoyment (say, a novel as opposed to something work related) I tend to read slower. I don't know how to explain it, but I basically play out a book in my head like watching a movie. So I go through books in a much slower fashion. My best friend on the other hand reads through books like chugging a beer lol. He reads much faster than I do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

678 wpm with 100% comprehension

could only reading 1 line at a time, i can get up to 3.
    when i was reading Lord of the Rings 3 lines at a time, it was like a daydream everything vanished and the whole thing played out in my head.
    Last edited by lordcanyon; 2012-09-14 at 03:42 AM.

honestly i think the best indicator of my reading aptitude is that i clicked the link, read the title, skipped everything afterwards and clicked the Start button then stared at the screen for 60 seconds impatiently waiting for it to take me to the test, because i passed over the instructions and didn't see that the test was down below.

Deleted
    I just did the online test and I am at 346 wp and 91% comprehension.

Not bad I guess.

I read at 212 wpm with 91% comprehension. I haven't read a book in probably 3 years, and even though I'm on the computer a lot, I think most of my time is spent watching something or playing games.