10+ Year Old Account
    20+ profane chests later... still no bangle...

Quote Originally Posted by squeeze View Post
    Gameguard only starts running when you launch the Blade & Soul client. It is not running all the time. This is relatively easy to check, even for a "rootkit", if you're technical.

That said, I can perfectly understand why people would never choose to install software with it installed. In particular, while it is running it does seem to be, and always have been, far more intrusive than competitor monitoring systems.

The absolute irony of it is that the games that have it installed often have the some of the most powerful bots in MMOs on the planet, with Blade & Soul being a perfect example. So, it does absolutely nothing to prevent real cheating, not even deterring script kiddies in the case of Blade & Soul.

Even Russian developed little lobby MMO Skyforge has higher security due to the underlying game client's design (i.e. not relying on third party monitoring) ...
    I haven't checked if it's running all of the time or if it only runs when B&S is running but that isn't really relevant. The issue with rootkits is that they often leave huge security holes. You are now on an extra party to keep their house clean. Search for Sony root kit and you will get an idea. Using this sort of product is a cop out from the game maker and not a very good one at that.

I am getting crashes in things like notepad since I installed B&S so I am guessing that some part of it is running all of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    I just filed my taxes so I should be getting a lot of money back for a new computer and going to try and play once I get it. Currently it takes like 10 minutes to get into the game so if nothing improves I'll be there with ya. Ncsoft has been killing this game for me either way.
    The game is fairly light on system load, so it should run great on a new system.I hqvent ran into any issues with gameguard over the years as ncsoft and most Korean mmos seem to use it. I think its just the bogeyman scapegoat for some ppl if anything messes up.

Feel free to pm me or visit the pc build forum here if you want advice on parts at a certain budget.

gameguard is useless seriously. I have seen it being used in many games. totally useless.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gref View Post
    gameguard is useless seriously. I have seen it being used in many games. totally useless.
    Ιt is but it at least doesnt create problems like some people claim it does

Is anyone else having issues with RMB proccing from q/e on KFM? It's being very inconsistent for me. Sometimes I can use a Q way before the mob hits me and it would still proc and other times I'd dodge normally and it wouldn't proc. Then sometimes it procs normally. Idk if I'm missing something here.

10+ Year Old Account
    GameGuard is pretty useless, but so is pretty much any anti-cheat. Hackers/Crackers are going to find out a way to bypass it regardless. All it is is a memory reader like every anti-cheat thing that looks for changes in memory. Like FFXIV's one and Blizzard's Warden. These aren't rootkits, they're just checking for improper changes in memory.

Quote Originally Posted by dk3790 View Post
    Is anyone else having issues with RMB proccing from q/e on KFM? It's being very inconsistent for me. Sometimes I can use a Q way before the mob hits me and it would still proc and other times I'd dodge normally and it wouldn't proc. Then sometimes it procs normally. Idk if I'm missing something here.
    It's probably just this game's weird latency, I get the same thing on assassin. We have an attack that procs off another as our main dps tool, and you can animation cancel it back into the first attack. Sometimes it's smooth and I'm a blender of lightning, sometimes it stutters like hell and I can't even kill a mob before stealth wears off.

The game doesn't really buffer your inputs, which is why people with lower ping have a higher dps ceiling. The lag seems really variable for me (although I don't have the most stable connection myself), so when I find myself having trouble landing the harder combos/reactions I just switch to my summoner and let my kitty pick up my slack.

Quote Originally Posted by Tidezen View Post
    It's probably just this game's weird latency, I get the same thing on assassin. We have an attack that procs off another as our main dps tool, and you can animation cancel it back into the first attack. Sometimes it's smooth and I'm a blender of lightning, sometimes it stutters like hell and I can't even kill a mob before stealth wears off.

The game doesn't really buffer your inputs, which is why people with lower ping have a higher dps ceiling. The lag seems really variable for me (although I don't have the most stable connection myself), so when I find myself having trouble landing the harder combos/reactions I just switch to my summoner and let my kitty pick up my slack.
    I just checked my ping in-game, I have 50 ms. That doesn't seem too bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Tidezen View Post

Yeah, this game really fucks with you if you've got any kind of lag. Conditional abilities are a bitch. Pressing 1 on my assassin to stealth in, have it not instantly trigger, and then press it again right as it triggers from the first press due to lag is just one of many examples of his this can fuck you over hard. Thankfully, I don't break stealth with my 1 skill anymore, but it's still obviously far from ideal when it still sometimes happens.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

so after playing summoner for a day i like it. although i would like like an elvUI type so i can add more buttons on the bars. I havent learned what all the items do that ive gotten in my bags, but the 1 thing i can say i definitely dont like is instead of rolling for loot in a need/greed setting, you have to bid.
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz | Asetek 550LC 120MM Watercooler | MSI Z97 PC MATE | XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB | ADATA 16GB DDR3-2133MHz XPG V3 |
    1TB WD Caviar Blue | 128GB Sandisk Z400S SSD | NZXT Phantom 410 | EVGA 750W SuperNova G1 80+ GOLD | External 2TB WD Elements

Not sure what more buttons on your bars would do for you. All the skills that aren't on your bars are contextual.

The GDKP system of loot is one of the best things about this game, if you ask me. Only problem I have with it is that it takes up way too much time in dungeons.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

Quote Originally Posted by sahlamuhla View Post
    Ιt is but it at least doesnt create problems like some people claim it does
    I am not saying that it's creating any problems. It's just like leaving the house with your front door open.

Scratch that. I did say that it caused problems. I had applications crash (e.g. windows notepad) that didn't crash before I installed B&S.
    Last edited by Gray_Matter; 2016-01-29 at 08:50 AM.

Holy shit, haven't played since the patch and the gold spam is super real.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's really really weird that the info given for auction / market place is essentially like stock market information.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Holy shit, haven't played since the patch and the gold spam is super real.
    Go to dungeon finder, it's even better.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Once I max out my sword I pack rat every weapon drop in my safe box, then by time I get a new level of sword completed I unload everything, burn it and am at max again, pack rat, burn, pack rat and burn.

While gathering if I am going to teleport to a new area but my teleport is on cooldown I grab up groups of mobs and blast them down, I typically get jewelry upgrades every 3 kills, so 2-3 every group I kill and I burn them immiediately on my 3 pieces of jewelry. I have never bought something to feed to the sacrifice.
    This will bankrupt you after level 38 or so. At that point sacrificing a Blue quality ring for upgrade can cost 5-10 silver (per item). To max out all 5 ranks to get to the breakthrough stage could very well cost 1g, which is a lot early on. The same applies to your weapon.

Save your crystals, or be prepared to pay several gold when upgrading your weapon past True/Awakened Infernal.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    It's really really weird that the info given for auction / market place is essentially like stock market information.

Go to dungeon finder, it's even better.
    What do you mean?

The only MMO trading system I have ever seen come even close to a real stock market was Wildstar's.
    ------
    Japan Valentine costumes: http://event2.ncsoft.jp/1.0/bns/1601sweetValentine/

10+ Year Old Account
    Was wildstar more hype than Blade & soul?
    Just looked at our wildstar thread here on the forums, and it was over 1200 pages by the time of release, feels kinda weird how few pages blade and soul has on here

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Simulacrum View Post
    The GDKP system of loot is one of the best things about this game, if you ask me. Only problem I have with it is that it takes up way too much time in dungeons.
    The fact that people end up stood around for minutes while the party moves on makes it easily the worst looting system I've ever come across in an MMO, I don't mind that it's auction based but I spent more time waiting for people to rebid on 1 second than I did killing mobs.
    Her hall is called Eljudnir,
    her dish is Hunger,
    her knife is Famine,
    her slave is Lazy,
    and Slothful is her woman servant.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Draknalor186 View Post
    Was wildstar more hype than Blade & soul?
    Just looked at our wildstar thread here on the forums, and it was over 1200 pages by the time of release, feels kinda weird how few pages blade and soul has on here
    Oh yeah! Wildstar was on the list of "WoW killers". Blade and soul was never one of those people just wanted to properly pvp after decades of bs :P
    And we all know what happens to "WoW killers" XD