10+ Year Old Account
    Ok, so no dodging? That actually sounds pretty appealing. I got used to the dodging style of GW2 but never really got used to it in Tera. I've been playing other games where CC'ing was much more important than needing to roll out of attacks, like Aion...and it's much easier to get used to for me.

I guess I'll have to poke around for some B&S gameplay videos.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivelle View Post
    Ok, so no dodging? That actually sounds pretty appealing. I got used to the dodging style of GW2 but never really got used to it in Tera. I've been playing other games where CC'ing was much more important than needing to roll out of attacks, like Aion...and it's much easier to get used to for me.

I guess I'll have to poke around for some B&S gameplay videos.
    There is dodging but not to the extent of GW2 nor does it behave like GW2 (there is no invul frames in dodging I believe) and dodging is a skill in this game I believe unlike GW2 where it's just a thing. The combat is more closer to TERA but not.

- - - Updated - - -

Lyn blade master we will never get for a long time

As you can see mob attacks seemed to be mostly telegraphed as you can react accordingly (much like TERA) but more CC then dodging/blocking. Destroyers can grab anything even bosses (US/EU won't get this till later)
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nice to see it's finally getting an English client. Though I'm also getting this feeling of "meanwhile, Korea moved on to Black Desert, and when we get that they'll have moved on to the next thing"

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    There is dodging but not to the extent of GW2 nor does it behave like GW2 (there is no invul frames in dodging I believe) and dodging is a skill in this game I believe unlike GW2 where it's just a thing. The combat is more closer to TERA but not.

As you can see mob attacks seemed to be mostly telegraphed as you can react accordingly (much like TERA) but more CC then dodging/blocking. Destroyers can grab anything even bosses (US/EU won't get this till later)
    From some one who's actually played the game, normal trash mobs throw around lots of basic telegraphed attacks which are completely unavoidable. Even if you're standing directly behind a mob and they throw an attack in the completely opposite direction the mobs auto attack will always hit you.

All classes have multiple ways to CC mobs and also to "parry" damage. Parrying requires very precise timing with the Blade Master and Lyn Sword Master classes. It's been a long time since I played so I can't provide a detailed analysis on how things go.
    Last edited by Phaere; 2015-05-20 at 08:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Phaere View Post
    From some one who's actually played the game, normal trash mobs throw around lots of basic telegraphed attacks which are completely unavoidable. Even if you're standing directly behind a mob and they throw an attack in the completely opposite direction the mobs auto attack will always hit you.
    From videos I'm watching from stephru it's the opposite. It doesn't seem like hes getting hit when he went behind a mob to avoid an attack.

From videos I'm watching from stephru it's the opposite. It doesn't seem like hes getting hit when he went behind a mob to avoid an attack.
    Videos don't show everything, trust me, especially with the UI off. You will get hit by trash even if standing behind them. But as I said in a previous post those attacks usually do very little in terms of damage.

Videos don't show everything, trust me, especially with the UI off. You will get hit by trash even if standing behind them. But as I said in a previous post those attacks usually do very little in terms of damage.
    Well that's good, it's the opposite in gw2 where basic auto attacks are fast and hit like a fucking truck. (Anet is moving away from this though only slowly. )

Dodge skills don't have invul frames yes?

Well that's good, it's the opposite in gw2 where basic auto attacks are fast and hit like a fucking truck. (Anet is moving away from this though only slowly. )

Dodge skills don't have invul frames yes?
    I don't really remember but the basic dodge every one gets don't have them I believe. Some class specific abilities can provide very brief ones though. Like the spin attack of the Lyn Blade master can parry attacks within ~.5 seconds or so of the skill activating, and destroyers I believe do have a block. Every class has many ways to avoid, and self recover from damage.

I forgot about this video

XD

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm glad those lyn look irresistibly adorable (looked at a few videos of PvP) since summoner looks like the first type of class I'd usually veer towards.

I forgot about this video

XD
    Ugghhh...

The original concept for the summoner back in very early development was so much better than the route they decided to go. Summoners original concept was summoning demons with ink, and attacking with your shadow it was badass.

Heres some concept art: http://mmoculture.com/2012/10/blade-...ifferent-vibe/

and the original trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGe3uZsFzJ8

Why NCSoft why

Ugghhh...

The original concept for the summoner back in very early development was so much better than the route they decided to go. Summoners original concept was summoning demons with ink, and attacking with your shadow it was badass.

Heres some concept art: http://mmoculture.com/2012/10/blade-...ifferent-vibe/

and the original trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGe3uZsFzJ8

Why NCSoft why
    That's why they made the warlock no? It was inspired by the old summoner concept. Lyn summoners and lyn blade masters were made to appeal to women :l

But I do agree that the old concept is a lot cooler. Would of been my main.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can confirm this, the auto attacks are well, that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lyn summoners and lyn blade masters were made to appeal to women :l
    I'm kind of amused that they made them "cuter" thinking that would make them appeal more to women than the darker concept. I personally would have rather had the darker concept. If they made another race able to be a summoner now I'd go with that over the lyn. Not real big on lolis. I do like that there's an option for small ears that aren't really that visible as "animal" ears though...or at least that's how it looks from the lyn blademaster video linked above.

Not sure I understand why "cute" has to equate to "women will like it more", but I guess they're the experts on marketing, not me. >.<

Quote Originally Posted by Rivelle View Post
    I'm kind of amused that they made them "cuter" thinking that would make them appeal more to women than the darker concept. I personally would have rather had the darker concept. If they made another race able to be a summoner now I'd go with that over the lyn. Not real big on lolis. I do like that there's an option for small ears that aren't really that visible as "animal" ears though...or at least that's how it looks from the lyn blademaster video linked above.

Not sure I understand why "cute" has to equate to "women will like it more", but I guess they're the experts on marketing, not me. >.<
    It's the eastern market so yea. This is the area where they give paper mask to women for free to hide their faces while eating burgers which increased female customers by around %50 (it's a cultural thing where women mouths shouldn't be seen while eating something that requires them to open their mouth like eating a burger)

10+ Year Old Account
    It's the eastern market so yea. This is the area where they give paper mask to women for free to hide their faces while eating burgers which increased female customers by around %50 (it's a cultural thing where women mouths shouldn't be seen while eating something that requires them to open their mouth like eating a burger)
    What...
    I have never seen this the many times I've been to Japan and Taiwan.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    What...
    I have never seen this the many times I've been to Japan and Taiwan.
    It was like a burger king thing? Or mcdonalds. One of the 2. They gave women complementary napkin mask things. I'll try and find the commercial. They said it increased female customers or w/e

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.ufunk.net/en/gadgets/japan-burger-packaging/

The liberation wrapper and yes it's a thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's the eastern market so yea.
    That's actually a pretty interesting tidbit. I definitely didn't know that.

I think it'd be interesting if they ever did research on the percentages of female players that play a loli type race in the West versus in the East. Too obscure though, I'm sure. :P

I'm odd, anyways. I play Aion and make tiny, cute little characters but then I play Tera and can't even make myself ever play an Elin.

I'm really excited about this now, though. Might even go try it out on Chinese servers just to see ahead of time if I'll want to try to get into the fall CBT.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.ufunk.net/en/gadgets/japan-burger-packaging/

The liberation wrapper and yes it's a thing.
    And... that's not a cultural thing. That's burger king being a derp.

Yea!!!! I shall have this game!!! Kitties!