Page 2 of 167 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulslaver View Post
    gw2s combat is so much better than teras. i don't get how teras combat can be called action when you can't perform most of the skills while running.
    Did you even play Tera past level 10 or something? Most skills in tera move you and animations can be cancelled, not to mention most charge skills can be cast on the move. Some classes are less mobile than others, but nothing in gw2 can compare to a warrior in tera.

But on topic, i have been looking at this game for a while, it's looking pretty interesting and I'm probably gonna check it out when it comes to the west.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleckens View Post
    Did you even play Tera past level 10 or something?
    Agree. As far as the combat system, not counting spell variety and weapons, TERA has the most amazing combat of any game I've played. It's the only reason I could even make it through 40 levels of such a terrible grind. This game looks like Asian Mirror's Edge: The MMO. As fun as that might be, there's no way it could be a good MMO.

It looks like the middle ground between GW2 and TERA graphically, which is a decent place. I don't think this will do well in the West at all. I learned my lesson from TERA, never again.

10+ Year Old Account
    got that email too been had my eye on it for a while though so just more games for me to enjoy.
    Claymore is Epic again, eat it priscilla fanboys.

Quote Originally Posted by -Dalliah- View Post
    Blade & Soul might be more successful if they go with a good F2P/B2P model from day 1.
    I'm desperately, desperately hoping that NCsoft doesn't fuck it up and go with a traditional subscription based model. If they do they fucked up launch. Hopefully they'll keep their "truly free" model going with the game, that would be freaking awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    I'm desperately, desperately hoping that NCsoft doesn't fuck it up and go with a traditional subscription based model. If they do they fucked up launch. Hopefully they'll keep their "truly free" model going with the game, that would be freaking awesome.
    It's been working quite well for them so far so I don't really see a reason why they wouldn't. Having it be subscription-based would be more harmful to them in the long run, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by wynnyelle View Post
    It's been working quite well for them so far so I don't really see a reason why they wouldn't. Having it be subscription-based would be more harmful to them in the long run, imo.
    Indeed. But that hasn't stopped a number of other recent releases from using that model to underwhelming success : /

10+ Year Old Account
    Well the game launced with a subscription model in korea though it may not be the same for the west, I personally hope for a b2p model a well. It should also be noted all the over the top running on wall stuff isn't available in combat that's just really a out of combat experience.
    Last edited by Newbryn; 2012-09-14 at 06:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wynnyelle View Post
    Personally as long as it isn't like GW2 where you have to buy bank slots, bag slots, character slots... which even though optional... is still pretty dumb. I prefer if it was appearance gears only or stuff like that.
    Just subscription isn't really worth any games anymore really.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Personally as long as it isn't like GW2 where you have to buy bank slots, bag slots, character slots... which even though optional... is still pretty dumb. I prefer if it was appearance gears only or stuff like that.
    I'm a mixed bag on the feeling. On one hand, I feel robbed regarding the GW2 bank and character slot issue. It makes me very unimpressed to have to buy those things. On the other, games that do the same thing, but have a subscription component make me at least feel like I'm getting something from my money? It makes no sense, but I do wish that a game would launch without removing core necessities and throwing them in a cash shop.

As much as people complain about LotRO, their model still stands high to me. If you buy their currency or subscribe even 1 time, you unlock all the limiting crap like gold limits, bag space, etc. Then you keep those unlocks whether you give them another dime. Same for if you buy expansions or content, you keep them b/c you got them. In addition, you have the potential for getting these things from game currency, investing only your time.

Any new, and fringe designed MMO should never launch as a sub ever again. As much as I think B&S would be garbage, I would probably try it out if it was B2P or F2P. Not because I'm cheap, but because subscriptions are stale. If a product is designed well enough on its own, I will throw money at it.

Just like how I actually go to the theater to see great movies, instead of redboxing it. If the product is quality, it gets paid for.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    i wouldn't mind if it was like that though I only dropped 5 gold and i was able to upgrade my bank slot by 2 tabs don't see the issue.

Deleted
    Graphics are great but after watching 1 minutes worth of footage iv seen enough jumping around to last me a life time :S

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flimsy View Post
    Graphics are great but after watching 1 minutes worth of footage iv seen enough jumping around to last me a life time :S
    Jump jump jump jump! YOU SHALL FLY TO THE ENDS OF THE EARTH! I realllyyy want to try that out.

We'll see. Tera has 2 big flaws.
    1. Frogster fucked up completely with the EU version.
    2. Sub fee.
    The game is fun but not sub-fee-worthy fun. If it went F2P (with a good F2P model) I'd play it again.

Blade & Soul might be more successful if they go with a good F2P/B2P model from day 1.
    Pretty much yeah, I'm still playing(and Eu version no less) but the game really got quite a few issues, a big part of it being due to frogster being a horrible company. Also i agree that the game would be much better f2p, I'm kinda hoping it does sometime soon, as it kinda feels the game is designed to eventually go free to play.

10+ Year Old Account
    a video showing some of the game's outfits

I was reading up on the main site and NCsoft puts " we have a unique fantasitc art style" in every flippin paragraph.

On a side note is blademaster sorta like warriors in tera? Deflecting attacks with their swords? If not I am going kung fu master

---------- Post added 2012-09-20 at 10:08 PM ----------

As the launch date draws nearer, we will have more information to share on price and business models. However NCsoft is actively evaluating what gaming fans in Europe and the United States want, and we are committed to creating a business model that will meet our fans' expectations.
    D:!

There is still hope for B2P!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    I was reading up on the main site and NCsoft puts " we have a unique fantasitc art style" in every flippin paragraph.

On a side note is blademaster sorta like warriors in tera? Deflecting attacks with their swords? If not I am going kung fu master
    well the artist, Hyung tae Kim's art style is pretty unique, not sure about the blademaster warrior comparrison since I didn't rolled one in tera, but they seem fairly versatile from what I see with a ton of aoe damage,as well as a tanking type role.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Newbryn View Post
    a video showing some of the game's outfits

[video=youtube;3OiYXDKPV3M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OiYXDKPV3M&feature=related[video]
    Where's the buy button. I SEE NO BUTTON.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting for this game to get ported over to the US. I'm usually not one for asian-ish looking games/mmo's but this one has some really good looking combat and game play.

dunno what the questing/leveling/crafting is going to look like tho and that can make or break it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by HBpapa View Post
    waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting for this game to get ported over to the US. I'm usually not one for asian-ish looking games/mmo's but this one has some really good looking combat and game play.

dunno what the questing/leveling/crafting is going to look like tho and that can make or break it for me.
    It looks like traditional quests with the story quest like in gw2. However Ncsoft was asked a question if this game is going to be grindy like most mmo's. They claimed it's not what they are doing but who knows.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://news.mmosite.com/content/2012..._class_1.shtml

[video=youtube;RFZ1stJbxXQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFZ1stJbxXQ&feature=player_embedded[video]

The new class looks fun and I kinda like the cross server 1v1 duel idea.
    Huh, didn't expect a new class already.
    1v1 cross server duel seems interesting, yeah.