Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    I love when people try to bid on shit just to make you bid higher. Before blood shade harbor was out I was running Blackram for the soul shield (pohs oath) and someone bid 65 silver when it was at 15s just to make me bid higher for it, but I just let it go and he wasted his own money, which made everyone extremely happy as we all got a piece of that. It's happened to me a bit before and you can easily make the scumbags waste their money if you just let it go and try to get it again later (whatever it is your going for/bidding on). I personally like the system, but again it's down to opinion. Dungeons are fun, pvp is balanced (at 50, not 45), and endgame has a shitload of things to do (dailies for money, outdoor bosses for essences to spin wheels for outfits, collecting soul shield pieces which is like armor in every other game and such.

The upgrading system though is tedious for sure. Going from true profane to siren is ridiculous, 12g+4 moon water stones (5g each)+70 soul stones (around 20-30 silver each), and 10-20 naryu silver which is the least ridiculous thing on the list. WoW is going with the same upgrading system in terms of weapons (you get one weapon in legion and stick with it throughout the entire expac, upgrading it as you go along), so the system is pretty popular, I just wish it was less tedious. Gold isn't that easy to earn either, so it's even worse. That's my only problem with the game so far but comparing the good to the bad, the good outweighs the bad so I really don't care, I'll get through it eventually.

- - - Updated - - -

No idea what you mean. I hit 45 a few days before the feb 10th patch hit and I can't stop finding shit to do. Getting the best soul shield out their, upgrading my weapon (tedious but still endgame shit), doing world PVP for outfits/money/pvp exp, participating in the actual pvp (tag matches are actually really fun). And now we have the 5 hongmoon levels to go through. No idea what you mean by no end game. I went for the blood shade harbor soul shield as soon as the patch hit and that took me awhile, then I've been doing the dailies for money and pvp for money/beans/fun. There's definitely a lot of endgame.
    Το be fair other than doing arenas, the lvl 45 endgame is second to none.

10+ Year Old Account
    At this point the shitty translation and dub have grown on me and its fun seeing the same man and woman voicing 10+ characters each.

I'll still switch it over to Japanese at some point but its painfully obvious they wasted time doing this and should have just subbed it.

FFXIV still has the best MMO dub though.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    I think I put "everything" in that survey.

Issue is you take two equal skilled players, FMs are always at a loss. Sure, they're great in PvE, but without certain hongmoon skills they're going to be very lacking in PvP.
    There's only 5 FMs in the top 50 in NA for a reason. Everything about PvP has been survivability and control, and they lack in both of em compared to other classes.
    The reason there is only 5 because there is just as many if not less BM and Sins to feed on too. Though I think one of the biggest problems for Sins is lag. It is the same problem NCsoft had with their Lineage 2 servers, if you're a melee class you have to run in front of the person to hit them half the time. Where they are on your screen is completely different from where the server has them.

I was fighting a summoner earlier today and almost lost because I couldn't hit them. There are also times I try to Shadow Dash at their back and apparently they're facing me already, it just hasn't registered on my end yet. It bonkers shit like this that make it frustrating.

Sadly outside of instanced content, Sin is meh for anything that involves grouping. Great for solo play but god its atrocious for group play.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aori View Post
    The reason there is only 5 because there is just as many if not less BM and Sins to feed on too. Though I think one of the biggest problems for Sins is lag. It is the same problem NCsoft had with their Lineage 2 servers, if you're a melee class you have to run in front of the person to hit them half the time. Where they are on your screen is completely different from where the server has them.

I was fighting a summoner earlier today and almost lost because I couldn't hit them. There are also times I try to Shadow Dash at their back and apparently they're facing me already, it just hasn't registered on my end yet. It bonkers shit like this that make it frustrating.

Sadly outside of instanced content, Sin is meh for anything that involves grouping. Great for solo play but god its atrocious for group play.
    Aori that is a double edged sword, try Impacting a sin out of stealth as FM with the lag. You can't aim for them you can just shoot blindly and hope to god you're lucky and connect and that they don't evade.
    Trust me lag proper benefits sins too.
    As a sidenote I have to say I have nothing against you as a person, but I detest you for playing that godawful class

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pigy View Post
    Aori that is a double edged sword, try Impacting a sin out of stealth as FM with the lag. You can't aim for them you can just shoot blindly and hope to god you're lucky and connect and that they don't evade.
    Trust me lag proper benefits sins too.
    As a sidenote I have to say I have nothing against you as a person, but I detest you for playing that godawful class
    I'm not a Blade Dancer.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll finally get my super zensu bean tomorrow.
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

10+ Year Old Account
    Wheee he exploded. Finished around 2m20s left.
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...eeeeeeeeee.png

Also got his bodyguard outfit, it looks ugly. Any idea if there's just a requirement type of dps race to get them or just hope to rngesus?

I would say I'm surprised, but really I'm not surprised at how many people blindly parrot what they heard someone say someone else tested as gospel for some other variant of the game, as far as stats go.

IE: Everyone has a hardon for ATK power and shitting on Piercing just bc it supposedly begins going into diminishing returns at 10%

Being told the 8ATK power on the Pirate belt was better than 15% more crit dmg ... then I go test it on pigs and I'm doing like 2.1k crits with the pirate and 2350 with the crit dmg one. And ppl willing to give up the 300 piercing and 127 block BSH set bonus just to get like another 100 crit rating and 600hps from tower 3pc. Wut? Pierce buffs base dmg, so at really high levels of crit dmg it makes it all the better. Meanwhile first 1500 crit rating gets you to 40%, next 1500crit rating gets you to like 53%...

Probably is more about the hps than attack, as block looks very unreliable as stat.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Probably is more about the hps than attack, as block looks very unreliable as stat.
    I'm pretty sure it also has to do with what the best rolls you can get on the pieces are, so max stats versus the other set. Also what class you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivelle View Post
    I'm pretty sure it also has to do with what the best rolls you can get on the pieces are, so max stats versus the other set. Also what class you are.
    From what i've seen, most people of every class is gearing towards the same stats - though i haven't seen much theorycrafting around so it may be a simple "go full throttle offensive" movement with most people not even thinking about it.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

It's based on Piercing (supposedly) going into diminishing returns at 10%. Nevermind the fact Crit goes into diminishing at 40% and ppl still push that to like 55%. And there are probably multiple tiers of diminishing or its a log scale, so the early diminishing for Piercing isnt as punishing as Crit is currently at for most people.

Block is all about preventing burst. If you're Evading 25% of the time and blocking another 30-40% of the time, you have far better odds of surviving than adding taking 75% of the attacks to the face with maybe another 5-10% reduction if you chose defense. Yes, you ideally want to just iframe everything, but nobody's perfect. As long as you beat enrage, I'd rather prevent wipes.

It's the same type of ppl that would sit for an hour putting together the perfect Brayflox group in FF14, rather than go with something 30-60 seconds slower.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    From what i've seen, most people of every class is gearing towards the same stats - though i haven't seen much theorycrafting around so it may be a simple "go full throttle offensive" movement with most people not even thinking about it.
    They aren't, as far as defensive stats are concerned. From what I've read, evasion, defense, block, and HP can be more important for one class but less important for another.

Something like a summoner only has a single iframe (evade), while a forcemaster has evade, and I forget the spell names but the frost and the fire dashes. I don't know about other classes but I'm pretty sure they have more iframes. So you can see how one stat would be more beneficial to some classes than others.

Offensively, I've seen the same pretty much. Gear for 55% crit, 110% accuracy, 10% piercing.

I hit 45 a few days before the feb 10th patch hit and I can't stop finding shit to do. Getting the best soul shield out their, upgrading my weapon (tedious but still endgame shit), doing world PVP for outfits/money/pvp exp, participating in the actual pvp (tag matches are actually really fun). And now we have the 5 hongmoon levels to go through. No idea what you mean by no end game. I went for the blood shade harbor soul shield as soon as the patch hit and that took me awhile, then I've been doing the dailies for money and pvp for money/beans/fun. There's definitely a lot of endgame.
    None of that is really considered "end game" in western MMOs, it's grinding which is normal in Eastern MMOs...which BnS is so it's not that surprising, and is no different than what you were doing while you were leveling: Upgrade gear, PvP/ Fight for gear/ outfits, level, run dungeons....

If you like it, that's fine, kudos (Sincerely, no sarcasm). But many of us just want more from "end game" than just grinding like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    None of that is really considered "end game" in western MMOs, it's grinding which is normal in Eastern MMOs...which BnS is so it's not that surprising, and is no different than what you were doing while you were leveling: Upgrade gear, PvP/ Fight for gear/ outfits, level, run dungeons....

If you like it, that's fine, kudos (Sincerely, no sarcasm). But many of us just want more from "end game" than just grinding like this.
    What's different from wow endgame really? Both games have dungeons you run to farm for better gear, dailies you do, and arena you do. The only difference is here you run dungeons to upgrade your gear where in wow you run dungeons to get new gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stellvia View Post
    I would say I'm surprised, but really I'm not surprised at how many people blindly parrot what they heard someone say someone else tested as gospel for some other variant of the game, as far as stats go.

IE: Everyone has a hardon for ATK power and shitting on Piercing just bc it supposedly begins going into diminishing returns at 10%

Being told the 8ATK power on the Pirate belt was better than 15% more crit dmg ... then I go test it on pigs and I'm doing like 2.1k crits with the pirate and 2350 with the crit dmg one. And ppl willing to give up the 300 piercing and 127 block BSH set bonus just to get like another 100 crit rating and 600hps from tower 3pc. Wut? Pierce buffs base dmg, so at really high levels of crit dmg it makes it all the better. Meanwhile first 1500 crit rating gets you to 40%, next 1500crit rating gets you to like 53%...
    The stuff is meant to be from here, http://www.freedomplays.com/blade-so...nics-level-50/
    I have not tested it myself. I don't have data files on it myself but it is really silly to go for 100 crit at points while sacrificing other stuff.

Also yeah, balance between Attack Power, Crit% and Crit Damage is needed since they all synergize well together.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draknalor186 View Post
    16 runs done for the Infinite challange outfit... only 100000000000000000000000000000000000000000 left before i actully get it xD
    Up at 72 Now btw, if anyone was wondering (No luck so far)

But Just had to have alittle change of Pace so just did some arena.. and Holy Hell.. i did now expect people to be this bad in the early ranks xD Got 6 straight wins instantly then i lost to a Blade dancer :>, since the patch had reseted me to 1300 rating, I don't even see myself as very good.. and i'm definitly bad in the eyes of a more skilled Destroyer, So i just found it odd How all the people i met here, diden't use all the things i was used to them doing when i was up at 1650 rating pre-patch
    Last edited by Draknalor186; 2016-02-15 at 08:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Helltrixz View Post
    I couldn't get myself to log in anymore after I finally caught up.
    When you reach the goal, then the reason to play is gone :> Sad But true

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stellvia View Post
    It's based on Piercing (supposedly) going into diminishing returns at 10%. Nevermind the fact Crit goes into diminishing at 40% and ppl still push that to like 55%. And there are probably multiple tiers of diminishing or its a log scale, so the early diminishing for Piercing isnt as punishing as Crit is currently at for most people.
    ACTUALLY....Crit has a baseline Diminishing returns. I did some testing yesterday about crit rating appears to have a diminishing returns as part of it's calculation. Since I was getting something like 33 points per 1% baseline and then slowly dropping down to 24 points per 1% baseline in my current gear set. Currently I have almost 43% crit.

Edit:

So apparently that link earlier had the crit rating posted

Last edited by Hinalover; 2016-02-15 at 10:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't decide which gems I should put money into getting. I have the sparkling pentagonal diamond with +25 atk...should I get a sparkling pentagonal ruby with +300 dmg or stick with the +110 dmg and 2 sec stun? Should I get a sparkling pentagonal amethyst (life drain) and replace my citrine or peridot with it?