Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacer View Post
    If you have lots of IRL money to spend on the game (to buy gold ofc) the grind is hard as in will take you 3-4 weeks of playing 12 hours a day. If you dont have any irl money you are gonna have to spend a lot more time.
    The gold grind will only add another 4ish weeks of fairly active play, also there will be maybe a weeks worth of crossover with the karma/badges grind.

Deleted
    Instead of that lists I would prefer some videos or in-game screens xD

Quote Originally Posted by Roudene View Post
    Instead of that lists I would prefer some videos or in-game screens xD
    I don't know if anybody's been able to actually make them yet. Possibly the greatsword, but unlikely, given the insane karma grind for Mystic Clovers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinto View Post
    This is extremely funny considering the # of pre-legendaries I got from the Mystic Forge by combining lv60 karma weapons. Sure it is very possible that Anet changed the formula after the ban wave. But then it is also very possible that they didn't. With this in mind I think Herecius's story is very believable...

p.s. If you are ignorant on the whole karma fiasco googling online will give you plenty of screenshots of people with a pre-legendaries.
    Considering the number.. Whoah, didn't knew it was a so easiest thing to get on this game, hell. Ah wait, in the past, it's an old exploit, i see

Errr wtf you talking about or to whom. Anyway I did make quite a few. 4 in fact. It took all the karma I had at that time which was like 25k and I may have gotten lucky considering there are people who spent 25k and got 0. Point is not how many I made, but I made at least 1 by combining weapons in the Mystic Forge which shows that it was definitely possible as of 2 weeks ago.
    4. No 1 , at least 1. Did you even read yourself,when you post?

Quote Originally Posted by Hanto View Post
    This Lucas Ashrock guy seems to enjoy living in a place of extreme ignorance.... maybe out of jealousy? o_o I'm pretty jealous that Herecius got something like that outta just throwing stuff in the MF.
    Again with the ignorance.. Who the hell is this Herecius?

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    I did write down my exact results and method of getting it, Lucas is just extremely angry that I can't be assed to put it on the (horribly outdated, mostly beta information) wiki, while being absolutely incredulous about the concept that it's not quite as tough to get the legendary prerequisite exotic as he thought it is. And also while accusing me of not sharing with the community, which is precisely what I did, since I hadn't actually specifically read anywhere that you could use a mystic forge stone to substitute in the fourth random exotic weapon.

Thus, from my point of view, I was actually sharing brand new information with the community.

In any case, the legendary prerequisite weapon is arguably the second easiest part of obtaining the legendary, with the Gift of wood/metal/energy being the easiest by far. The other gifts are considerably more brutal than obtaining the pre-req. The Mystic Clovers in particular scare the piss out of me. I'm seriously praying that mystic clovers aren't a component of Quip, though they are for the greatswords.
    Ah wait, this guy is Herecius. XD

Is it my english, or a problem of comprehension of some people posting on this thread?

I DON'T GIVE A FUCK OF WHO YOU ARE, WHAT YOU GOT, AND HOW, NOW YOU UNDERSTAND ME?

What the hell, and i wrote it 6 times and a guy even tried to explain my posts too
    So the key component is the stone? Update the wiki!!!!!!!!
    There are 2 million accounts out there who can test what you accidentally found, and make it clear and written on stone, so everyone can take his chance. I want to see TP with 50+ prereq on sale, not 1 for the kid of the day cashing out.
    And will be even possible to make a % research, who time by time will lead to a final approximate possibility, even if 1/1000 attempts. Don't talk about wiki as a cesspoll full of old beta shit. Wiki will be your bible, soon. As it was for gw1.

I want progression on this game. A community progression, shared with the world, and out there, easy to find for everyone, even non english speaking players, using a translator. GW2Wiki, for istance. On gw1, wiki is your bible. Always updated daily, everything new is out there for the entire community. And like wikipedia, the community is the moderator. So if someone edit something and write bullshit, his crap will be removed from the next one passing by. But no, guildwars community is used to the rule "i cash out billions before, than, maybe, when bored, before quit i share". This damned legendary thingy is not the snake dance secret chest dropping crystalline sword, and even without a key for open it. It's a damned game content accessible to everyone. Anet left to the community to find out how legendary works. Let's figure out how things works!

For the 7th time:

THE PURPOSE OF MY POSTS IS TO INVITE THE GW2 COMMUNITY TO SHARE KNOWLEDGE, EXPAND AND IMPROVE GW2 WIKI, EXPECIALLLY ABOUT SOMETHING ARENANET PURPOSELY LEFT TO THE COMMUNITY TO BE FOUND.
    COMMUNITY, NOT A COUPLE OF CLOSED BETA IDIOTS ACTING LIKE GODS, CASHING OUT.
    KEEP WIKI UPDATED. YOU FIND HOW TO MAKE "DOGSHIT DYE"? POST IT ON WIKI IMMEDIATELY SO CAN BE TESTED / IMPROVED.
    LEGENDARIES IS THE BIGGEST SECRET ANET LEFT TO THE COMMUNITY TO BE FOUND

Christ, maybe this time someone will understand my posts
    Last edited by Lucas Ashrock; 2012-09-14 at 08:54 PM.

You have reading comprehension issues lol.

Anyway too lazy to read the wall of text but I'll explain that quote again:

Errr wtf you talking about or to whom. Anyway I did make quite a few. 4 in fact. It took all the karma I had at that time which was like 25k and I may have gotten lucky considering there are people who spent 25k and got 0. Point is not how many I made, but I made at least 1 by combining weapons in the Mystic Forge which shows that it was definitely possible as of 2 weeks ago.
    I made 4. 4>1. If you make at least 1 it shows that it was possible at that time. See, not hard

10+ Year Old Account
    You have reading comprehension issues lol.

Anyway too lazy to read the wall of text but I'll explain that quote again:

I made 4. 4>1. If you make at least 1 it shows that it was possible at that time. See, not hard
    I see, so what about that guy who posted before about a chest on CoF?

And if it's an old exploit now removed, this means i was right? Mystic doesn't give a prereq anymore, it was a thing of the past, now drop from dungeon chests, anet removed the mystic 3+stone thingy, this is what you're telling me?
    Last edited by Lucas Ashrock; 2012-09-14 at 08:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas Ashrock View Post
    I see, so what about that guy who posted before about a chest on CoF?
    Who knows, maybe he is lying. Maybe he is not. If you are asking for my expert opinion I don't think he is lying. 1) He has nothing to gain. 2) It is not troll-worthy, if it drops then the drop rate is very low, no one would go farm CoF just because someone said it dropped. 3) He is not the only one to say it. Anyway you seem new to internet arguments. Pro tip: if it is an argument about possible vs impossible, it is always wiser to say it is possible

Btw no one knows if the exploit was removed. If you care to read how it happened you would realize that it is not really an "exploit". Is it possible Anet changed the MF system? Sure. Is it possible that it stayed the same? Sure. Herecius seems to have done it after the exploit so maybe they didn't change it. Possible is the key word here.
    Last edited by Jinto; 2012-09-14 at 08:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Who knows, maybe he is lying. Maybe he is not. If you are asking for my expert opinion I don't think he is lying. 1) He has nothing to gain. 2) It is not troll-worthy, if it drops then the drop rate is very low, no one would go farm CoF just because someone said it dropped. 3) He is not the only one to say it. Anyway you seem new to internet arguments. Pro tip: if it is an argument about possible vs impossible, it is always wiser to say it is possible
    I'm new..
    No, he's not the first reporting a random drop. Others did. For example, a guy claims on reddit he found one on his bag, back from a mats farm in Orr, so not able to figure out when exactly he got one, he supposed he got it from a random mob around him harrasing him while he was mining/chopping/gathering

Lucas, against my better judgement, I'm still going to reply to you.

The mystic forge stone isn't a key component. It's just a fourth ingredient that replaces having to have a fourth random weapon exotic in the random mystic forge recipe. It's only there to save a bit of gold, which is important considering the sheer quantity of items I had to feed into the forge to get a single legendary pre-req.

And again, if you want to update the wiki, go ahead. I'm not bothering, because the wiki is horrendously outdated and only scantly supported. Putting information there would only serve to clash with all of the outdated beta info on it. I'm not personally up to the task of updating the entire wiki, which is what it would take for me to feel like it's worth putting new info on there, when there's much better information about the legendary process a short google away at http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/...weapons-guide/

As for me getting it, it has nothing to do with the exploit, which I'm confused as to why it's in this discussion at all, as the karma exploit had to do with selling stuff to vendors for gold.

Me, I was just ordering crappy 70-71 exotic weapons off the TP when they were still cheap, which they aren't anymore, since folks have caught on.

I'm new..
    No, he's not the first reporting a random drop. Others did. A guy claims he found one on his bag, back from a mats farm, so he supposed he got one from a random mob around him harrasing him while he was mining/chopping/gathering
    That is very possible! I mean think about it, for you to prove it is impossible you would have to have access to GW2 code. If you are trying to espouse a more duplicable way of getting the legendary pieces you are barking up the wrong tree. Is it really that surprising that Anet may have made this part of the legendary be a random drop? Maybe it is the only way to get the pre-legendary. Maybe it is just one of the many ways.

@Herecius, the karma exploit was both gold and rare gear. You stick cheap culture weapon in MF and voila... Now do that with a thousand culture weapons and recycle the weapons you get out of it. Pretty soon you are forging lv 80 exotics.
    Last edited by Jinto; 2012-09-14 at 09:04 PM.

Also, again, it's totally possible that some of those totally crazy-as-shit mystic forge recipes (such as 1 scroll + 100 coins + 250 ecto + 250 orichalcum greatsword blade) are recipes for consistently making prerequisite weapons. It's just that they're so ridiculously expensive, nobody has bothered to try them yet. 250 ectos, 250 orichalcum greatsword blades? People just don't have that kind of gold to dump on a 'maybe' right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    Lucas, against my better judgement, I'm still going to reply to you.

The mystic forge stone isn't a key component. It's just a fourth ingredient that replaces having to have a fourth random weapon exotic in the random mystic forge recipe. It's only there to save a bit of gold, which is important considering the sheer quantity of items I had to feed into the forge to get a single legendary pre-req.

And again, if you want to update the wiki, go ahead. I'm not bothering, because the wiki is horrendously outdated and only scantly supported. Putting information there would only serve to clash with all of the outdated beta info on it. I'm not personally up to the task of updating the entire wiki, which is what it would take for me to feel like it's worth putting new info on there, when there's much better information about the legendary process a short google away at http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/...weapons-guide/

As for me getting it, it has nothing to do with the exploit, which I'm confused as to why it's in this discussion at all, as the karma exploit had to do with selling stuff to vendors for gold.

Me, I was just ordering crappy 70-71 exotic weapons off the TP when they were still cheap, which they aren't anymore, since folks have caught on.
    I understood the stone is an alternative way. So here is a new theory: what happens if i just put 1 exotic, and 3 stones? And 1 exotic+1 gold+1 gold+stone? And 3 gold + stone? See how many variables? Is it possible to get always the same kind of weapon? How? See why i want wiki updated, instead of that BS thread full of crap where the first kid can type "Hey i got one from a moa, outside The Groove"? BS vs Wiki. A forum is a cesspoll, when you write BS on wiki, is deleted immediately from the first guy passing by, making things clear.

And BTW, my contribution: as Jinto wrote, seems it's removed the possibility to get one, some was using the cheap karma trick, so it got nerfed.
    Last edited by Lucas Ashrock; 2012-09-14 at 09:09 PM.

@Herecius, the karma exploit was both gold and rare gear. You stick cheap culture weapon in MF and voila... Now do that with a thousand culture weapons and recycle the weapons you get out of it. Pretty soon you are forging lv 80 exotics.
    Aaah, ok. That makes sense. No, I never touched that exploit. I tend to stay purposefully ignorant of exploits, and only really even learn about them when they're brought up directly to me.

---------- Post added 2012-09-14 at 02:05 PM ----------

I understood the stone is an alternative way. So here is a new theory: what happens if i just put 1 exotic, and 3 stones? And 1 exotic+1 gold+1 gold? And 3 gold + stone? See how many variables? Is it possible to get always the same kind of weapon? How? See why i want wiki updated, instead of that BS thread full of crap where the first kid can type "Hey i got one from a moa, outside The Groove"? BS vs Wiki. A forum is a cesspoll, when you write BS on wiki, is deleted immediately from the first guy passing by, making things clear.
    You can't, I tried. The forge will only take 1 stone at a time.

You can easily see how the forge works yourself, just stick stuff in it. It'll grey out an item if it can't be used for anything after another item is put in. Getting the same kind of weapon consistently is done only by putting 4 of the same kind of weapon in the forge. Using 3 of the same kind and a mystic forge stone is the same as using 3 of the same kind and some other random kind, aka it spits out a random weapon.

If I want to get a Chaos Gun of Rage out of the forge, I will need to put 4 pistols into it. That, or discover a consistent method of producing it, if it exists.
    Last edited by Herecius; 2012-09-14 at 09:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aye, but seems it's nerfed, 'cause of the cheap karma fest

Aye, but seems it's nerfed, 'cause of the cheap karma fest
    It hasn't been nerfed, I got Colossus after they fixed the exploit, of that I'm positive of, going by the dates. It's just a low chance to random out a pre-req.

Honestly, with the prices of low level exotics now, anybody interested in a legendary pre-req is likely better off farming for gold some other way and simply buying some other lucky person's item once they've got enough. Or just focus on the other parts of the legendary grind.

I know that once I'm done with getting all the karma I'll need for the Mystic Clovers, I'll have more than enough gold for both the ectos, and a Chaos Gun.

Deleted
    Random is random there is no reason to try to figure out more, no one in their right mind will try to figure out if you get better results from putting in lvl 76 exotics than putting in lvl 80 exotics because it will litterally take a million gold before you have enough tries. You can get it from drops, you can get it from Mystic Forge and you can get it from chests that is all you need to know.

Also Wikipedia is not moderated by the normal users and thats why you can trust that site more than a normal wiki page. The guild wars wiki is purely moderated by users, so the trustworthyness of that is exactly the same as a forum thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yup. Deffo this legendary (expecially considering the continuous nerf we will suffer, thanks to Anet typical attitude) will be a far dream for a tiny elite of players all around the world.

Gw1wiki never failed, on my side, it's a pure bible of gw1, updated daily on everything.

Deleted
    http://www.twitch.tv/killa1413/b/332229747

There you go Lucas, although I expect you still won't believe/understand it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thisisanalt View Post
    http://www.twitch.tv/killa1413/b/332229747

There you go Lucas, although I expect you still won't believe/understand it.
    Nice for him, lucky guy. (Did you read his chat, and how much money he wasted on his attempt?) Do you think i give a damn of Dusk? I'm a necro XD
    Or you really believe i'm gonna waste 10g (or 20/30/more) for a hope ?

So 4 70+ = prereq? Nice. So i guess it should start a % research. Should. Oh, i forgot noone gives a damn of wiki and work together, just having fun to who is the luckyest on youtube I guess there are 3 Dusk now on TP for 50g XD Or we should see 70+ trash sword for 2g each? Tell me

Seems you lost the post #106
    Last edited by Lucas Ashrock; 2012-09-15 at 09:20 AM.

Actually, if you ever want a legendary, you'll be spending well over 100 gold on the other components. I've said several times that obtaining the prerequisite exotic isn't even close to the hardest part. People are sharing all of their work and how they're doing it. There's no need to consolidate that work on a useless wiki when it's consolidated elsewhere already. http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/...weapons-guide/

We live in an age of google. If somebody can't be bothered to google up the ridiconulous process of crafting a legendary, then chances are they didn't want it anyways.

And there's certainly no need to be as needlessly hostile as you've been.