Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    Quip would be the legendary pistol.

Most folks seem all about chasing after the legendary greatswords, but not me!
    Woo yeah!, I'm going for The Juggernaut myself and luckily bases are going cheap as no one seems to want to make it =D.

Well, looks like I won't be getting a legendary....like ever. That is way to much work for something that is literally nothing more than a different look for your gear. Don't get me wrong, I think legendaries are cool and nice to have in games....but that is way more effort than I would ever be willing to put in for one single item. No thank you.

In other words, a recipe I will never get.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well the one thing that was keeping me playing seems to be a super huge grindfest, well i'll be back with the next expansion/major patch i guess.

hmm damn my luck it seems ill need way to many things for my legendaries(yeap plural :P )

Quote Originally Posted by Thisisanalt View Post
    Woo yeah!, I'm going for The Juggernaut myself and luckily bases are going cheap as no one seems to want to make it =D.
    Oooh. I actually made the Juggernaut base and sold it for a solid 40g early on.

10+ Year Old Account

I will have my Quip, mark my words.
    There is an exact formula to make Quip on mystic forge.
    4 weapons on mystic, a drop, or a chest will NEVER give you back a prerequisite Stop to spread misinformation, please

Not to be offensive, but this thread is a bit useless and don't tell nothing new. Until pre requisite recipe are posted somewhere, all the effort spent to prepare your legendary is worthless.

And noone said IF and WHEN, those recipe will be published. So far, we know just how to create Malice, go figure

Collect mats, but don't waste your time too much, you will end up disappointed, discovering your last hope is make an idiot on TP rich because noone is willing to share
    Last edited by Lucas Ashrock; 2012-09-14 at 04:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas Ashrock View Post
    There is an exact formula to make Quip on mystic forge.
    4 weapons on mystic, a drop, or a chest will NEVER give you back a prerequisite Stop to spread misinformation, please

Not to be offensive, but this thread is a bit useless and don't tell nothing new. Until pre requisite recipe are posted somewhere, all the effort spent to prepare your legendary is worthless.

And noone said IF and WHEN, those recipe will be published. So far, we know just how to create Malice, go figure

Collect mats, but don't waste your time too much, you will end up disappointed, discovering your last hope is make an idiot on TP rich because noone is willing to share
    Haha what?

There you go. I had just put 4 level 70/71 totally random weapon exotic into the forge, and BAM, it spit out the Juggernaut pre-req hammer. If you choose not to believe me, that's your choice, but that is exactly what happened.

It's entirely possible that there's set recipes. This is entirely possible.

But it is also 100% absolutely totally true that you can randomly get the pre-req weapons out of the forge from exotics, or even randomly find it out in the world (at an obscenely low drop rate.)

Deleted
    Well.. you either create challenging content to keep people playing... or go the asia grinder route

10+ Year Old Account
    Haha what?

There you go. I had just put 4 level 70/71 totally random weapon exotic into the forge, and BAM, it spit out the Juggernaut pre-req hammer. If you choose not to believe me, that's your choice, but that is exactly what happened.

It's entirely possible that there's set recipes. This is entirely possible.

But it is also 100% absolutely totally true that you can randomly get the pre-req weapons out of the forge from exotics, or even randomly find it out in the world (at an obscenely low drop rate.)
    Ye ye, sure Guess it's the reason because there is just 1-2 prereq on TP. Was more easy to believe if you used 80 exotics, bro

There is an exact way to forge them.

Don't you think the famous 2 million accounts sold (stated by Anet) didn't throw billion 70 till 80 exotics on that forge?
    Still, i see 1 prereq on TP , 2 at best, available.

I don't want to be mean, but without a video proff, your post count as much as other theorizations/ BS around.

Do you really believe the most rare most requested item of the game just drop using 70 random exotic trash?

p.s. a hint: there is a guild ( who was playing during closed beta) who knows perfectly everything about it (do you remember the famous legendary video with 2 guys with the swords? ). They are the seller on TP, today we speak

Don't track them down, nor harrass them. They don't share a damn, neither if you pray them 1 year.
    Last edited by Lucas Ashrock; 2012-09-14 at 05:56 AM.

Ye ye, sure Guess it's the reason because there is just 1-2 prereq on TP. Was more easy to believe if you used 80 exotics, bro

Don't you think the famous 2 million accounts sold (stated by Anet) didn't throw billion 70 till 80 exotics on that forge?

I don't want to be mean, but without a video proff, your post count as much as other theorizations/ BS around.

Do you really believe the most rare most requested item of the game just drop using 70 random exotic trash?

p.s. a hint: there is a guild ( who was playing during closed beta) who knows perfectly everything about it (do you remember the famous legendary video with 2 guys with the swords? ). They are the seller on TP, today we speak

Don't track them down, nor harrass them. They don't share a damn, neither if you pray them 1 year.
    I can't imagine what you think I would have to gain by lying. I've been buying 70-80 exotic weapons at the lowest possible price points for well over a week now, just making... tons upon tons of stuff. Mostly, I make mediocre 80 exotics, or totally useless 76-78 exotics. Occasionally I make a nifty named exotic.

And once, I made Colossus. Honestly, how would I fake it? In the screenshot, I've linked and previewed the weapon. I can't link somebody else's chat link, and I can't link it from the TP. The only place I can link an item... is from my inventory.

I made it from a random batch of exotic weapons. I can't even begin to dream of affording the really crazy mystic forge recipes out there, not yet.

Edit: not to mention, spreading blatent misinformation would be trolling, and bannable. Not something I plan on ever doing on the MMO-Champ forums.

Moreover, people are selling the legendary pre-reqs on the TP for under 100 gold. Those recipes you're talking about in the mystic forge? Most of them cost HUNDREDS of gold to craft. There's no conspiracy of moneymaking here.

Double PS: The reason there's so few of the various legendary pre-reqs on the TP is because people are buying them. They're a rare, and very very hot commodity.
    Last edited by Herecius; 2012-09-14 at 06:55 AM.

15+ Year Old Account

People have been making the Prereq weapons for awhile now with the mystic forge.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Noone ever proved a succesful prereq using the mystic forge. Period.

Some posted "Hey i got one using 70 crappy golds"
    Linking a picture, of a weapon clearly bough (prove the opposite, c'mon)
    Some other claimed crappy 70 exotics, some talk about a perfect recipe, some said they found it from a pirate, farming mats.

Until i will see wiki updated, and a video proof with statistics and the exact kind of component needed to at least enter on that statistic, this is just a bunch of BS.
    On my side, an ex guildy wasted 60 exotics 80, just for an other useless exotic. Is it a proof of lies for you?

We have just 2 places where you can read about prereq: reddit and guru, just 2 thread each source. Both claim the BS i mentioned, noone proved nothing, noone edited the wiki. Now tell me why?
    Shitty community who don't care to edit a damned wiki?
    Or just some kids having fun to spread confusion, so they can sell in peace their prereq for 50g?

People buy them? Really? Ewww, i'm looking forward to meet the guy with 50g honestly gained (not stolen during the exploit phase).
    Last edited by Lucas Ashrock; 2012-09-14 at 07:31 AM.

Feel free to choose to live in ignorance. I didn't particularly feel like frapsing my 100+ forges of crappy 70 exotics.

Again, those preset mystic forge recipes? The ingredients for most of them cost upwards of 100 gold or more. Some MUCH higher. If what you were saying was true, nobody is making money.
    Last edited by Herecius; 2012-09-14 at 07:32 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Feel free to choose to live in ignorance. I didn't particularly feel like frapsing my 100+ forges of crappy 70 exotics.

Again, those preset mystic forge recipes? The ingredients for most of them cost upwards of 100 gold or more. Some MUCH higher. If what you were saying was true, nobody is making money.
    I don't live in ignorance, i just want an active community who share everything of this game. Did you got a prereq? And again too? Go edit the wiki, write the component, everyone will know it. If it's a matter of % , the player will choose if waste 100 exotics (still wondering where in the hell they drop) for it. Or farm mats.

I guess i'm dreaming an utopia, talking about guildwars community

Yes, nobody is making money. Just some smart players who check continuosly 24/7 the TP, farming the mat they think is selling, is slowly making some golds. Others, able to buy 50g of prereq, are
    A rich people who used a credit card with gems
    B players not permabanned during the TP exploit days.
    C chinese farmers (or players without a life, playing like them)

Long story short: noone ever proved how to craft / get them. Noone edit wiki. So, it's BS. I trust what i see and what i read, not some BS to spread confusion and gain more golds.

I cannot stand 1 or 2 weapon available, on TP, for prereq. I think it's clear.
    Last edited by Lucas Ashrock; 2012-09-14 at 07:44 AM.

The components I used for getting Colossus were 3 70-71 exotics (probably a mix of focus/shield/trident and other junky, cheap exotics) and a mystic forge stone.

There. I just revealed the recipe to the world. So magical. This is the same recipe I used to get a lot of junk, and a lot of 80 exotics that sold for ~3-4 gold. It's no longer profitable to really do this anymore, because the price of 70-71 exotics has doubled since I began doing it, since other people are catching on.

I'm not going to edit the wiki for it because the wiki is ridiculously under-edited, full of poor, outdated information from beta. The forums are far more accurate. Putting it on the wiki would only serve to confuse among all of the other contradicting information.

The components I used for getting Colossus were 3 70-71 exotics (probably a mix of focus/shield/trident and other junky, cheap exotics) and a mystic forge stone.

There. I just revealed the recipe to the world. So magical. This is the same recipe I used to get a lot of junk, and a lot of 80 exotics that sold for ~3-4 gold. It's no longer profitable to really do this anymore, because the price of 70-71 exotics has doubled since I began doing it, since other people are catching on.

I'm not going to edit the wiki for it because the wiki is ridiculously under-edited, full of poor, outdated information from beta. The forums are far more accurate. Putting it on the wiki would only serve to confuse among all of the other contradicting information.
    Sorry other dude, but this Herecius fellow is 100% correct. I will enjoy the moment when you discover you are wrong for yourself and will have to admit defeat.

Deleted
    I don't live in ignorance, i just want an active community who share everything of this game. Did you got a prereq? And again too? Go edit the wiki, write the component, everyone will know it. If it's a matter of % , the player will choose if waste 100 exotics (still wondering where in the hell they drop) for it. Or farm mats.

I guess i'm dreaming an utopia, talking about guildwars community

Yes, nobody is making money. Just some smart players who check continuosly 24/7 the TP, farming the mat they think is selling, is slowly making some golds. Others, able to buy 50g of prereq, are
    A rich people who used a credit card with gems
    B players not permabanned during the TP exploit days.
    C chinese farmers (or players without a life, playing like them)

Long story short: noone ever proved how to craft / get them. Noone edit wiki. So, it's BS. I trust what i see and what i read, not some BS to spread confusion and gain more golds.

I cannot stand 1 or 2 weapon available, on TP, for prereq. I think it's clear.
    Wow, you must have a hard time

10+ Year Old Account
    Wiki is supposed to be the only real source of information worldwide. Forums are full of BS.

If you really got it with 3 shitty exotics and a stone bough with gems, type it on wiki. It will be the first stone of a worldwide attempt to figure out a %, if this is the only way to get it. This is how a community grow up together, not in a selfish way "i keep everything for myself, fuck others".

So, if you know you're not lying, take your responsability, edit the wiki, face a possible shame, or live in glory to be the founder of a worldwide research.

Still an utopia, talking about guildwars community, don't laugh, i know you're not going to give a shit, nor i do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tryana View Post
    Wow, you must have a hard time
    Nah, i'm doing it for the sake of the entire guildwars 2 community, as i did in the past on other games, succesfully.

If you don't wake up the mass, the mass don't give a damn.
    Last edited by Lucas Ashrock; 2012-09-14 at 07:54 AM.

Wiki is supposed to be the only real source of information worldwide. Forums are full of BS.

If you really got it with 3 shitty exotics and a stone bough with gems, type it on wiki. It will be the first stone of a worldwide attempt to figure out a %, if this is the only way to get it. This is how a community grow up together, not in a selfish way "i keep everything for myself, fuck others".

So, if you know you're not lying, take your responsability, edit the wiki, face a possible shame, or live in glory to be the founder of a worldwide research.

Still an utopia, talking about guildwars community, don't laugh, i know you're not going to give a shit, nor i do.

Nah, i'm doing it for the sake of the entire guildwars 2 community, as i did in the past on other games, succesfully.

If you don't wake up the mass, the mass don't give a damn.
    I wasn't the first to figure it out. I read about it on the official forums. The only thing I actually figured out on my own (and I have no doubt I was nowhere near the first to do it) was that mystic forge stones could be substituted in for the fourth exotic saving me a small bit of gold on every forge. I figured that out because I first read about the stones when reading about the Mystic Salvage Kit recipe, and since I still had 2 left over from making that, I thought to myself 'sure, why not' and shoved 3 exotics and a stone into the forge. Out popped an 80 exotic (a mediocre one, probably Carrion Pearl something-or-other), and I knew it worked exactly like 4 exotics alone.

And I was right.