Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    You don't deserve freedoms that are leading to rampant obesity. It's a problem especially in the US. You don't need massive drinks. You just don't. People are eating themselves to death. I see this as I do mental handicaps and both should be treated the same.

I agree, to those of us who take care of our bodies this would be inconvenient at times (I love a big soda at the movies/big gulp from time to time) but if it helps a kid become even a pound less obese than I'm fine with it. Luckily I live in China where there are VERY few obese people.

It's not like that for most people believe me. Most people will eat what they're given, so that depends entirely upon portion size. Especially the case with soft drinks because they don't fill you up in the same way food does, but they contain a hell of a lot of calories.

I think this image explains what I mean't regarding portion sizes compared to everywhere else. Remember America also has sizes above large that other countries do not even have (in some stores at least I believe...)

EDIT: Check this, Burger King are even worse rofl... http://www.flickr.com/photos/24443965@N08/6071330113/
    One study I read really stuck out to me. They had a camp where they fed the kids spaghetti twice weekly (same daily activities). The second week they DOUBLED the portions they ate 73% more than the time before.... and the kids even ended up scarfing down dessert.
    Last edited by iggie; 2012-09-14 at 03:35 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont like being forced to do ANYTHING, the whole point of freedom is being able to do what ever the hell you want to. If I want to be 500 pounds, that is my right to do so.
    Still you're being forced to do stuff your whole life. like it or not it'll happen. besides you still get the other fat slob snacks
    like double cheese burgers or whatever they sell! dont worry you'll get those 500 pounds if you want them
    Last edited by mmoc0efa2cff2a; 2012-09-14 at 04:19 PM.

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I can just see the opposition ads during the next election. "From the man who brought you less freedom of choice and smaller portions under the law or else, we bring you Mayor Bloomberg."
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nobody cared when it was smoking, why should I care when its the fattys on the chopping block?