The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

lvl 90 shadowplay 3vs healer ideas

ive been wondering what healer would be paired best with a spriest and a lock at 90

i wanna say like a resto shaman or a druid, because to me (i have absolutely NO exp with the comp though) shadowplay is a fairly mobile spec, so you would need a mobile healer, like a resto shaman or a druid i would think but i wanna know what the MMO-C pvp community thinks

10+ Year Old Account
    i'm playing this on one of my locks with a druid healer. i really think you'd like that result. Aside from druids having a retarded amount tools ; having symbiosis with the lock lets your druid use his portal - and gives you a rejuvie .. with the masochistic nature of lock spells this patch it's a pretty nice talent to get.

i honestly havent looked much at shammie yet but im hearing they look ok too. i'd just worry about running into MWD / WLD all day.i think they could drop a shammy pretty fast after trink with you only having fear peels :/, and there's going to be a ton of warrior comps around. i feel like even beta 'god comp' [mage/spriest/rdruid] will cause a shammy team more problems then a druid atm.

purge is pretty nice for shadowplay though..as is cc that doesnt break or immune your dots.

TL: DR - not helpful at all. both are good.
    Last edited by Lulbalance; 2012-09-13 at 09:21 PM.

drood > shammy.

15+ Year Old Account
    Shadowtree definitely, that's what my main will likely be playing in MoP.

Three of us all want to play our mains but don't have any comp overlap (Shadow, Warrior, Rogue), so we're going to play 3 comps:

Shadow / Lock/ Tree
    Disc / Mage / Rogue
    Hpal / War / DK

That way everyone gets to be in a comp that stars them

I'm frankly excited for all three comps
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

druid atm is mop version of cata shaman, simply better at nearly every situation.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    druid atm is mop version of cata shaman, simply better at nearly every situation.
    I wanted to dispute this so much, but... I can't think of a rebuttal

I like resto shamans, I have one - and I want to see them do well - but it's hard to argue with spammable cyclones and roots, or near-spammable repentance/paralysis from hpals and mistweavers, or whatever it is priests do that make them so valuable

one thing that is overlooked by a lot of people by wow druids will be so good, is their mobility and duel spammable cc with current dispel system, rooting anyone even a healer out of los will be huge, of course a healer can dispel themselves but then they can't dispel the cc on their dps or worse things like combustion, while on the flip side druid not only have speed and mobility their forms allow them to avoid/immune various cc's.

I think a shaman will be a better rawr numbers healer, but history shown that typical is only part of what makes a healer spec "good", a good example is cata paladins sure numbers wise they have amazing healing, but other then rawr healing they really don't' have much going for them. I believe shamans will be better off then cata paladins but far short of their cata dominance. Which isn't exactly a bad thing, as long they are still with in the realm of "balanced" time will tell were the cards fall.

Quote Originally Posted by SkillOverKill View Post
    I wanted to dispute this so much, but... I can't think of a rebuttal

I like resto shamans, I have one - and I want to see them do well - but it's hard to argue with spammable cyclones and roots, or near-spammable repentance/paralysis from hpals and mistweavers, or whatever it is priests do that make them so valuable
    The sad part is while resto druid is completely replacing resto shamans .. ele or enhance aren't doing so well in pvp either. Ele is a worse mage, enhance is just bad.
    Considering shamans aren't looking too good in pve either anyone who is playing a shaman can just delete their char.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorschachs View Post
    The sad part is while resto druid is completely replacing resto shamans .. ele or enhance aren't doing so well in pvp either. Ele is a worse mage, enhance is just bad.
    Considering shamans aren't looking too good in pve either anyone who is playing a shaman can just delete their char.
    I actually think Enhance will be quite strong at 90, Air Ascendance is a fantastic ability - and the combination of Astral Shift / Shamanistic Rage / Spirit Wolves is quite a powerful set of cycle-able defensive cooldowns.

I want to try Shattreeplay in MoP (Spriest/Mage/RDruid) - even with semi-nerfed resto druids it was still a good comp at the end of season 11, and will only look better with the added awesomeness that Rdruids have gained in combination with the usual great off-heals/peels spriests/mages can still toss if needed.

Sorry, OT:
    Resto druid hands down. While hexes are nice Cyclones, Bear Charge and Symbiosis make the comp amazing.
    Last edited by Kals; 2012-09-14 at 03:59 AM. Reason: Sheeps aren't frogs.