Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Langy View Post
    How fun are Necro's? It's the only class I haven't tried.. Everything else bores me to tears.
    I really enjoy my Necro. A lot of people use the "conditionmancer" build, which is fine and dandy, but you can also use dagger/warhorn or focus or axe/focus and the staff, drop Wells, and have a nice little power build. It's for PvE leveling and dungeons for me right now, though. It's working out so far, we'll see what it's like at 80. The Necro is definitely worth trying.

---------- Post added 2012-09-14 at 09:20 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tiev View Post
    Feral druids back in Vanilla.

Ret Paladins back in Vanilla.

"Lol, u no warrior? Yeah, u no tank in mah raidz!"
    I was a feral druid, and I tanked AQ40.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VibrantViolet View Post
    I was a feral druid, and I tanked AQ40.
    Were you MT? (did you have any hope of being a MT?)

Anyway, on topic, play what's fun, otherwise, well it aint fun.

Not all of us need to be OP to have fun.
    Last edited by Tekkommo; 2012-09-15 at 01:29 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    So what build using minions can kill as fast as a signet warrior or a ranger?
    Good luck landing a hit on said minion master let alone dealing damage to him once you do.... Dat toughness and health regen coupled with constan immob and cripple = lawlz

Not everyone goes for the one trick pony burst builds, and the people who don't tend to stomp the people who do!!
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    Good luck landing a hit on said minion master let alone dealing damage to him once you do.... Dat toughness and health regen coupled with constan immob and cripple = lawlz

Not everyone goes for the one trick pony burst builds, and the people who don't tend to stomp the people who do!!
    Nonsense Durz, only damage matters! /derpface
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    Were you MT? (did you have any hope of being a MT?)

Anyway, on topic, play what's fun, otherwise, well it aint fun.

Not all of us need to be OP to have fun.
    I was mostly OT, but there were times I did MT fights, especially if the MT died. Anyway, back on topic....

---------- Post added 2012-09-14 at 10:22 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post

The minions do need some love, though. They die too fast. >_<

I'd definitely stick to a class you enjoy.

I myself chose Warrior because I had absolutely no knowledge of anything and therefore picked an archtype so to speak.
    and while a lot of people claim warriors roll over everything, it tend only to be true against players who are oblivious of GW2 core mechanics (and mobs obviously).

I see new challenges arise as a warrior, however, for starters I have to contend with being the target of choice both in PvP and PvE (Melees apperantly get aggro a hundred times easier than ranged and everyone wants to murder the warrior in PvP).

Edit: I think there's stil a way to go before he metagame settles and I can definitely see warriors become severely reduced in effectiveness once everyone starts dodging their painfully obvious damage-skills and spam conditions/kite
    Last edited by Underfoot; 2012-09-15 at 02:55 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by blizzardcashshop
    tree druids do about 50-60% overhealing. divide their HPS by half.
    Math!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodrin View Post
    But seriously, how often does this happen? I've never run across a class in any MMO that simply wouldn't be accepted in PvE/PvP
    You clearly didnt play druid in vanilla wow then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Riavan View Post
    People play vanilla WoW still?

However, good example to bring up: Enhancement Shaman in Rated BGs. Nobody wants them.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Riavan View Post
    I did, and I was on the top raiding guild on my server. I switched between resto and feral.

It has to be good and rewarding. I really thought I would love the elementalist, but turned out it's a circus of chasing and guesstimating CDs and working twice as hard for the same results other professions faceroll to get. Mesmer is what I like now, a bit too pink, but very rewarding.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    So what build using minions can kill as fast as a signet warrior or a ranger?
    Not killing as fast=/=not viable. Not every build will be the "best" but it doesn't mean the others don't work, just that they may not work as fast.

Deleted
    I kinda feel the term "OP" is being tossed around a little to easily sure enough there has to be a class that performs better than all others under certain conditions but it doesn't seem to be by much to me, is there really any class that can honestly be deemed as "OP"? I'm not so sure I think there is, granted I have only played Ranger and Warrior to any depth so far but they seem very equal to me with warrior probably doing better damage but ranger having better control, or am I fooling myself by playing the 2 most "OP" classes right now? :P

People should STOP coming to this game with a WoW mindset. GW2 =/= WoW. All classes are good here. Some are more resilient and allow for a bigger error from the player and some are less lenient. All are good, none are perfect. In an MMO, especially one that just started out, there will always be changes to class X. Stick to your necro or engineer.

All the classes are designed to be different so that they can be favorable to a certain archetype and player flavor. I like melee due to my personal choice of action-adventure games like Darsiders, Arkham etc where the action is all up front and personal. Another guy may like to stay afar and shoot things with his intricate bow while zooming the camera under a tall female character to get a peek... or that might be me Everyone is different just play the way you want it. If your character may be a bit less resilient don't worry, things will change. Sometimes you'll have to play better than everyone else to stay on par but I say that's just good training for when your class will be OP

Be yourself under that tall female model with skimpy outfits and enjoy the ride. ^_^

15+ Year Old Account
    I tend to play what's fun and I'm not bad at it. There's no needed comps in this game except for tournaments, which just isn't my style. Dungeons, sPvP, PvE, and WvW is what I do and I play as whatever I want to. Play with what you have fun with. They all have pros and cons.

So far I haven't seen a post referring to an "OP" class that wasn't about a one trick pony build/tactic. In GW2 it is amazing how one trick ponies (who would otherwise be OP in other MMOs) are easily nullified by one spell or a well timed dodge. Play the class that fits your playstyle and you will be better at it then any other class you try to play.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VibrantViolet View Post
    I was mostly OT, but there were times I did MT fights, especially if the MT died. Anyway, back on topic....

---------- Post added 2012-09-14 at 10:22 PM ----------

The minions do need some love, though. They die too fast. >_<
    Not with the blood of the master trait.... Not to mention if you are a legit minion master they can take hits like champs and when they finally die they leave massive poison fields in their wake, making it a very bad idea to kill the minions!
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

10+ Year Old Account
    this game isent about the end game, play what u find fun