Poll: Are you enjoying the "Endgame"?

Page 12 of 43 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dokilar View Post
    i love the WvW. its amazing, the queue times are a big long, but i suspect they will even out once people relocate and stuff.

im also enjoying the explorable 5 mans. some of them can be quite tricky and are pretty entertaining and the amount of dynamic events going on in Orr is quite staggering. i cant run from one way point to another without seeing 1 or 2 dynamic events popping up, sometimes its more like 3 or 4

---------- Post added 2012-09-18 at 11:04 AM ----------

i think what you ment to say was CoD isnt about the campaign, its about the multiplayer. and while i agree to an extent, what does the multiplater aspect of the game offer from one version to the next (thats released within a year of each other most likely) other than some new maps and a few new weapons?

dont get me wrong, i played quite a bit of CoD with friends and thoroughly enjoyed it, that being said when they started releasing one, what seemed like every year, with minimal updates it became more about quantity than quality.

just my opinion however
    Well you are correct that the company that manages the development basically are doing minimal effort and gaining maximum profit. My point was that COD has a shitty singleplayer game but a great multiplayer model and the same applies to: GW2 has great leveling but non-existant/shitty endgame.

GW2 must fix this, they have this wonderful model of a game where you can run around with huge masses of friends and battle foes in WvW and you can do everything with these huge amounts of friends. But you can't raid endgame.... It feels like Anet did a great job but failed at the longevity of the game(nothing that can't be fixed perhaps).

Quote Originally Posted by Swiped View Post
    Must.. resist.. .. .. . .. .FFFFFFFUUU.... For the sake of my ability to post here, I will not comment your post.
    OFFTOPIC: You know you love 'em flawless shootin' boi, don't try to deny it.
    Last edited by mmocedd8d9692b; 2012-09-18 at 12:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Well, again. GW1 content development disproves this as well. And it's continued sales over all the games.

There is no mincing words here; this model of game design is proven to be successful for the franchise.

You guys comparing GW and GW2 are making no sense. Two completely different games and models. GW1 was a competitive online rpg. GW2 is an "mmo". The main front in GW1 was pvp and it was fantastic, this is coming from someone who is not a fan of pvp in online rpgs. They did it right. And the sales show. Now though, they are in a different ball park playing with different rules. It's not so much that GW2 lacks content, it has A LOT of content. It's that there is no incentive to do the content. You dont get rewarded properly for your actions, because of that it feels superrrr grindy. The dungeons are boring, tedious, and not unique at all. DEs need to be more challenging and rewarding as well. If they do some tweaking, make DEs harder (adding more hp and power is not the answer) and more rewarding, reward doing puzzles better with unique sets of gear + gold, lessen the prices of karma and dungeon token gear, add unique mechanics on explorable mode bosses, reduce the hp and power of mobs...this game will be more than solid imo.

Edit: It seems Anet did the exact opposite of what I was saying. They reduced the amount of gold and xp you get in dungeons by a substantial amount and made CoF insanely harder. Theres an endless amount of posts about it in the official forums...I'm starting to lose faith.
    Last edited by Beefsquatch; 2012-09-18 at 01:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadylol View Post
    Endgame is really just another word for content, it doesn't really matter if you have to level up first. Guild Wars 2 doesn't really have anything that would normally be called "endgame content". If you think that grinding events that have you kill XYZ waves of mobs is comparable to other games' endgame content, then sure, Guild Wars 2 has loads of content. Otherwise, it's severely lacking
    I don't understand this. I read it, I don't know, 10 times- trying to understand but I can't grasp it.

So in WoW, you get to level cap- kill mobs in a dungeon (5 man) ... for lack of a better word grind gear, then grind packs of mobs in a raid with a final boss. You get different looking gear (usually more pleasing to the eye), and then move onto the next grind of mobs in a raid.

In an offline RPG, you grind levels via packs of mobs (any final fantasy, borderlands, dragons age, etc) gain more pleasing gear to the eye, kill a boss, move to the next raid.

In guild wars you get to the level cap, grind mobs (dungeons), get more aesthetically pleasing gear, and hopefully move on to the next raid.

The only difference I can see between any of these three (WoW, offline RPG's, GW2) is slight variations of gameplay - and speed of that "next level" of stuff to kill. If GW2 can release more "stuff to kill" then sure, there is going to be plenty of endgame to cater to the *probably* 1-2 million people who enjoy this style of pick up and play game. If not, well yeah- then there isn't.
    Last edited by Boomcats; 2012-09-18 at 01:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    lost somewhere in the corn fields of middle America
    It seems Anet did the exact opposite of what I was saying. They reduced the amount of gold and xp you get in dungeons by a substantial amount and made CoF insanely harder. Theres an endless amount of posts about it in the official forums...I'm starting to lose faith.
    I havent yet had a chance to try out the dungeons since the last patch but they did mention that they where making them less profitable to speed farm and that is a very good thing. I myself reported the second dungeon (cant remember its name ) but it was stupid easy, I mean to the point of sillyness for the reward we where getting we smashed it three times in a row and I gained like almost 5 lvls and over 30 silver not to mention a ton of greens, blues and what not to sell and salvage all for about a hour maybe two's worth of time..

yeah that one needed addressed big time. Storymode was and is way to easy for the rewards it was pumping out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomcats View Post
    I don't understand this. I read it, I don't know, 10 times- trying to understand but I can't grasp it.
    It doesn't add up to me either but since its just his opinion it really isn't a big deal. He thinks it doesn't but I think it does. Six of one half dozen of another. Meh...
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vexies View Post
    I havent yet had a chance to try out the dungeons since the last patch but they did mention that they where making them less profitable to speed farm and that is a very good thing. I myself reported the second dungeon (cant remember its name ) but it was stupid easy, I mean to the point of sillyness for the reward we where getting we smashed it three times in a row and I gained like almost 5 lvls and over 30 silver not to mention a ton of greens, blues and what not to sell and salvage all for about a hour maybe two's worth of time..

yeah that one needed addressed big time. Storymode was and is way to easy for the rewards it was pumping out.
    About 13s at the end of the dungeon and increasing the difficulty like crazy is not a good design. It's either make it harder, or lessen the rewards. Not make it almost impossibly harder AND decrease the rewards. There's absolutely no reason to do dungeons anymore. CoF and CM were the only ones kind of worth doing. Now, none of them are. Just read the forums or run the dungeon for yourself. That was one of the few ways to earn gold in the game. I agree with making it harder..but this is retarded.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    It doesn't add up to me either but since its just his opinion it really isn't a big deal. He thinks it doesn't but I think it does. Six of one half dozen of another. Meh...
    Maybe it's my rusty english acting or is this sentence incomprehenseble.

10+ Year Old Account
    lost somewhere in the corn fields of middle America
    About 13s at the end of the dungeon and increasing the difficulty like crazy is not a good design. It's either make it harder, or lessen the rewards. Not make it almost impossibly harder AND decrease the rewards. There's absolutely no reason to do dungeons anymore. CoF and CM were the only ones kind of worth doing. Now, none of them are. Just read the forums or run the dungeon for yourself. That was one of the few ways to earn gold in the game. I agree with making it harder..but this is retarded.
    CM was and or is a joke (havent been back yet) if they made it harder then good and the rewards where way, way to good for what it was. Come on now you had to see that. We did it like three times back to back and felt dirty then stopped. Its always been clear that the dungeon rewards needed adjusting. CoF while parts of it where challenging again is hardly impossible and quite fun. I dont really feel it need anymore tuning towards being "more" difficult but eh we will see when we run it again. They mentioned nothing about altering the encounters themselves other than making it less profitable to speed run them but who knows. I'll have to judge them for myself when my group runs em again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forgeez View Post
    english acting? but yeah i cant comprehend sir robins post either

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forgeez View Post

What's not able to be understood?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vexies View Post
    CM was and or is a joke (havent been back yet) if they made it harder then good and the rewards where way, way to good for what it was. Come on now you had to see that. We did it like three times back to back and felt dirty then stopped. Its always been clear that the dungeon rewards needed adjusting. CoF while parts of it where challenging again is hardly impossible and quite fun. I dont really feel it need anymore tuning towards being "more" difficult but eh we will see when we run it again. They mentioned nothing about altering the encounters themselves other than making it less profitable to speed run them but who knows. I'll have to judge them for myself when my group runs em again.
    I have no problem with making upping the difficulty as long as its not just more hp and more power and more mobs, making it harder mechanics wise as well. What I have the problem with is, making it harder and lowering the rewards by a HUGE amount. Dungeons were grindy enough as it is considering you barely got rewarded. Now, you might as well go do DEs in starter areas.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomcats View Post

So in WoW, you get to level cap- kill mobs in a dungeon (5 man) ... for lack of a better word grind gear, then grind packs of mobs in a raid with a final boss. You get different looking gear (usually more pleasing to the eye), and then move onto the next grind of mobs in a raid.

In an offline RPG, you grind levels via packs of mobs (any final fantasy, borderlands, dragons age, etc) gain more pleasing gear to the eye, kill a boss, move to the next raid.

In guild wars you get to the level cap, grind mobs (dungeons), get more aesthetically pleasing gear, and hopefully move on to the next raid.

The only difference I can see between any of these three (WoW, offline RPG's, GW2) is slight variations of gameplay - and speed of that "next level" of stuff to kill. If GW2 can release more "stuff to kill" then sure, there is going to be plenty of endgame to cater to the *probably* 1-2 million people who enjoy this style of pick up and play game. If not, well yeah- then there isn't.
    You are right, of course, there is little inherent difference between WOW and GW 2 (or Rift, SWTOR). The big difference is that GW 2 is primarily a PVP game at it's 'end game' which is interesting if you think about it because making PVP maps and letting player have a go at them must be a lot cheaper than developing the extensive and intricate raids that Blizzard has been doing for years.

I have two thoughts about what ArenaNet did with GW 2. First, it would seem to me that it threw in the leveling game directly to appeal to the WOW type player. All the elements are there: leveling, quests (however you want to hide them) and crafting. There is no real difference. Thus, it is pretty disingenuous to claim that GW 2 is somehow 'revolutionary'. It just ain't.

Second, at it's heart, GW 2 is really a PVP game that ArenaNet has dressed up as a PVE game to appeal to just the people who play WOW, Rift, etc. Having sucked them in, then ArenaNet dumps them into a PVP game which many don't like and which, in the last analysis, is just a cheap way to provide content. The thing about GW 2 is that it is really a small game tricked out to look big.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stellan View Post
    The thing about GW 2 is that it is really a small game tricked out to look big.
    Small? Area Quests, Dynamic Events, WvWvW, SPvP, Dungeons, Exploration, and Crafting?

http://images.mmorpg.com//images/gal...ef66cb638a.jpg

Small? Not seeing it.

Mod edit: Guys. The screenshots. Please use a thumbnail or something.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2012-09-18 at 05:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    I think that's the point he was trying to make. It's a fairly small game that's thrown into some really big environments.
    If they were empty environments then I might agree with him. But they are not. Vistas, POI's, Puzzles, Challenges, Dynamic Events, etc, etc... Exploration is part of GW2's design.

Sadly no...I gave up on grinding and just play alts. I thought this game will throw grinding away but it ended up have the more grind than other usual mmos.Of course you can bypass grind by using gold/real money and maybe this is where they plan to make profits but not from me . Although since it does not have a sub, I am very happy with what I got for 54 euro
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

Deleted
    Small? Area Quests, Dynamic Events, WvWvW, SPvP, Dungeons, Exploration, and Crafting?

Small? Not seeing it.
    What he said was that it was 'tricking' people so you arent even supposed to see it but get the opposite feeling, until you realise what it really is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Batistarama View Post
    What he said was that it was 'tricking' people so you arent even supposed to see it but get the opposite feeling, until you realise what it really is.
    So where is the deception or outwitting? If I saw a POI on the map, got there, and there wasn't one? "By golly, I've been deceived." Though I would probably chalk it up to a bug or glitch instead. Its a huge world with content spread throughout it. Maybe exploration isn't his thing. Maybe its not the content that he wants. However that's a far cry from it actually being "small," or there being any trickery involved. Progression is part and parcel of the MMORPG. How entertaining you make it will determine how soon people get the infamous "grind" feeling and there your mileage will definitely vary.

So where is the deception or outwitting? If I saw a POI on the map, got there, and there wasn't one? "By golly, I've been deceived."
    Well, replace PoI with Skill Point or Dynamic Event and it happens to me more often than not at the moment . Both are frequently bugged, and DEs last way too short of a time when the only method of travelling you have is walking.
    ~ flarecde
    Reality is nothing; Perception is everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Stellan View Post
    You are right, of course, there is little inherent difference between WOW and GW 2 (or Rift, SWTOR). The big difference is that GW 2 is primarily a PVP game at it's 'end game' which is interesting if you think about it because making PVP maps and letting player have a go at them must be a lot cheaper than developing the extensive and intricate raids that Blizzard has been doing for years.

I have two thoughts about what ArenaNet did with GW 2. First, it would seem to me that it threw in the leveling game directly to appeal to the WOW type player. All the elements are there: leveling, quests (however you want to hide them) and crafting. There is no real difference. Thus, it is pretty disingenuous to claim that GW 2 is somehow 'revolutionary'. It just ain't.

Second, at it's heart, GW 2 is really a PVP game that ArenaNet has dressed up as a PVE game to appeal to just the people who play WOW, Rift, etc. Having sucked them in, then ArenaNet dumps them into a PVP game which many don't like and which, in the last analysis, is just a cheap way to provide content. The thing about GW 2 is that it is really a small game tricked out to look big.
    This is exactly what I am talking about, this is an OPINION, and not fact. But I guess thats what keeps forums going huh?

I'm fighting an uphill battle, but because you don't enjoy the PVE portion of GW2 (5 man explore modes, theres tons of them) then yeah - its mostly a PvP game for you. There are people, alternatively, who do enjoy the grindy, DIFFERENT (not better or worse then WoW "raids") PVE aspect of this game. I am, unfortunately, not one of those people - and will probably continue with WoW raiding.

Also you can't say GW2 didn't revolutionize, or at least change the way that people view quests or leveling. I will refuse to ever play another game structured like WoW again after seeing how much more fun this way is.

And if you don't think that Gw2 revolutionized MMO's then neither did WoW, because it literally just repackaged EQ and FFXI's leveling gameplay in a more soloable, quest oriented manner to make it feel less grindy, which is exactly what GW2 did.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by flarecde View Post
    Well, replace PoI with Skill Point or Dynamic Event and it happens to me more often than not at the moment . Both are frequently bugged, and DEs last way too short of a time when the only method of travelling you have is walking.
    I've been quite lucky with that so far. Except for that Ethereal Vanguard one in Ashland which always seems to bug or glitch out on me. However, the content is still actually there. It just may not be "working as intended." Or I may not have found the way to do it yet. Like the one with bandit hunting hounds. Went much smoother once I found the place those glitchy little puppies should be leading me too. Travel wise I do okay, especially when I'm doing an escort on the way.

Even WvW is getting more "user friendly" now that more enabling of upgrades like waypoints is going on.