View Poll Results: Are you enjoying the "Endgame"?

Voters
1006. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    474 47.12%
  • No

    532 52.88%
Page 21 of 43 FirstFirst ...
11
19
20
21
22
23
31
... LastLast
  1. #401
    DrakeWurrum, I dub thee a fan boy of epic proportions at this point. It's very rare that I see someone argue as much as you over this one game because you believe so firmly it's the best MMO going. I'm often quiet on the forums, and just read what there is to be said.. But there's been a few things you've said that make me want to just tell you that you hold such an extreme bias for this game it's not even funny.

    Personal attacks aren't welcome in these forums. Infracted. -Edge
    Last edited by Edge-; 2012-09-19 at 11:13 PM.

  2. #402
    Legendary! SirRobin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Counciltucky
    Posts
    6,002
    Quote Originally Posted by Heptium View Post
    DrakeWurrum, I dub thee a fan boy of epic proportions at this point. It's very rare that I see someone argue as much as you over this one game because you believe so firmly it's the best MMO going. I'm often quiet on the forums, and just read what there is to be said.. But there's been a few things you've said that make me want to just tell you that you hold such an extreme bias for this game it's not even funny.
    What about me? Can't I be biased too?
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

  3. #403
    Quote Originally Posted by nemro82 View Post
    ANet shoot themselves in the foot by removing holy tinity with applause of some clueless people. Without it there is just no way for interesting and hard tactic wise gameplay in PvE.
    Erm, Guild Wars 1 did not have a holy trinity either. Missions and dungeons were a good deal harder and more tactical than in GW2. If there is error in the dungeon design of Guild Wars 2 it is not with a lack of singular tanks, DPS & healers.

  4. #404
    Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    What about me? Can't I be biased too?
    We're all bais, but Drake needs to relax. I've seen him on the forums so much for Guild Wars 2, I could almost say he works for them by now.

    ---------- Post added 2012-09-19 at 06:20 PM ----------

    Here; I'll better explain myself. Because it does sound like a personal attack. Which isn't what I'm really getting at here. Bias is something we all hold, but at a certain point, someone looses value on their opinions because you practically know what they are going to say. It's just a giant circle. From reading this forum, there's been a few people here, who honestly have one sided opinions so strongly they don't consider the other view enough to have their opinion valued enough for the sake of a discussion. Discussion is to take in what the other said, understand it, and comply. Not read what they said, think about it for five seconds and tell them in a nut shell, they're wrong.

    To go back on topic. I believe that Guild Wars 2 is solidly a PvP game. I think it gives the feeling of a "In between game" like Diablo 3 wanted to be. Skyrim is that type of game. PvP can't get old nearly as fast as PvE, and that's what GW2 gives me. Which is why a lot of people aren't going to enjoy the end game, because it's meant for something that is dynamic and can't die instead of new pretty images and new boss fights.
    Last edited by Heptium; 2012-09-19 at 11:22 PM.

  5. #405
    Dreadlord Asseymcgee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    984
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Erm, Guild Wars 1 did not have a holy trinity either. Missions and dungeons were a good deal harder and more tactical than in GW2. If there is error in the dungeon design of Guild Wars 2 it is not with a lack of singular tanks, DPS & healers.
    Uhh, yes it did. It had tanks and healers to a certain extent. Not in the sense of your every other mmo but it certainly had specific tanking and healing roles. You couldn't do the harder missions and dungeons without them.


    Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    Expected but hardly always delivered. I didn't buy Skyrim for the story, was never a fan of the earlier Elder Scrolls games. I bought it for the gameplay. Same thing with FO3 and FNV. I didn't buy either of them for the story. Nor DAO. "Story" became the new buzzword with Cataclysm and TOR, but their results showed, in my opinion, that its not nearly as big a deal as some folks thought it would be.
    Elder scrolls games had pretty good stories, and they were really long in terms of story/quests. The gameplay itself was pretty buggy and weird, I never liked the gameplay too much but I liked the story. Dragon Age origins had an amazing story and that's what everyone mainly liked about it honestly. But a good rpg game will have good gameplay and story, it comes hand in hand. My point was that because they are single player games with little to no online capabilities they can focus on these so it's easier to make a decent game than it would for an mmo.
    Final fantasy for example, decent gameplay with usually a really good story.
    Last edited by Asseymcgee; 2012-09-19 at 11:26 PM.

  6. #406
    The Insane DrakeWurrum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Isle of Faces
    Posts
    15,040
    Quote Originally Posted by Heptium View Post
    Here; I'll better explain myself. Because it does sound like a personal attack. Which isn't what I'm really getting at here. Bias is something we all hold, but at a certain point, someone looses value on their opinions because you practically know what they are going to say. It's just a giant circle. From reading this forum, there's been a few people here, who honestly have one sided opinions so strongly they don't consider the other view enough to have their opinion valued enough for the sake of a discussion. Discussion is to take in what the other said, understand it, and comply. Not read what they said, think about it for five seconds and tell them in a nut shell, they're wrong.
    Big mistake to think that I don't consider other people's views and perspectives.

    People can come to different conclusions and opinions when having the same information. Just because I'm one-sided, doesn't mean I'm a mindless fanboy who will defend this game against any and all negative opinions, when I already very much loathe the story writing. If you stalked this forums as well as you claim to, you'd know what specific things in this game I hate. But you don't.
    Don't go around claiming you know people just because you see them regularly disagreeing with your opinion.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

    If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

  7. #407
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Erm, Guild Wars 1 did not have a holy trinity either. Missions and dungeons were a good deal harder and more tactical than in GW2. If there is error in the dungeon design of Guild Wars 2 it is not with a lack of singular tanks, DPS & healers.
    what are you talking about, there were healer monks and tanking specs in Gw1.
    Btw, why everyone who even remotly says something bad (well it wasnt even calling a name or wahtever, just truth) about DrakeWurrum keeps getting infracted at the spot? I called him fanboy 2 times on this forum and 2 times i got infracted. Meanwhile he's roaming on forum and check every thread for anything bad about his precious game and type his one liners such as "some people would argue" or " Oo I don't agree".
    Looks like he got friends at high places. This subforum starting to look more and more bias everyday.
    my PSN ID - Kobold_Rider

  8. #408
    Quote Originally Posted by Asseymcgee View Post
    Uhh, yes it did. It had tanks and healers to a certain extent. Not in the sense of your every other mmo but it certainly had specific tanking and healing roles. You couldn't do the harder missions and dungeons without them.
    Not necessarily true. I did plenty of missions over the years sans healers.

    There were no actual tanks. There were people who wall pulled and others who body blocked.

    The role trinity is in reference to very specific roles which are singular. Not just some guy who took damage, tossed a heal &/or fired an arrow. It's not a broad term- its a very specific one. Which Guild Wars 1 to this day does not have.


    Btw, why everyone who even remotly says something bad (well it wasnt even calling a name or wahtever, just truth) about DrakeWurrum keeps getting infracted at the spot?
    Looks like his gor friends at high places. This subforum starting to look more and more bias everyday.
    Don't make personal attacks, slander, shame or call other users out. Not useful & super rude.

    Plain and simple.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2012-09-19 at 11:30 PM.

  9. #409
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Big mistake to think that I don't consider other people's views and perspectives.

    People can come to different conclusions and opinions when having the same information. Just because I'm one-sided, doesn't mean I'm a mindless fanboy who will defend this game against any and all negative opinions, when I already very much loathe the story writing. If you stalked this forums as well as you claim to, you'd know what specific things in this game I hate. But you don't.
    Don't go around claiming you know people just because you see them regularly disagreeing with your opinion.
    Well, I apologize then. It's just from what I've seen. Might be just me today as well, I've been in a very cranky mood and been a little dreary. I don't mean to insult you at the core, so I'm sorry if I offended you.

  10. #410
    The Lightbringer Rukh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    3,658
    As other people said, we already know what DrakeWurrum is going to say, no need to talk to him and get infracted by his friends.

  11. #411
    Drake is definitely "on the side" of the game, but he's not completely immune to reason, either. He's listened to and made some decent points on the side of negative feedback at times.

  12. #412
    Quote Originally Posted by nemro82 View Post
    what are you talking about, there were healer monks and tanking specs in Gw1.
    Btw, why everyone who even remotly says something bad (well it wasnt even calling a name or wahtever, just truth) about DrakeWurrum keeps getting infracted at the spot? I called him fanboy 2 times on this forum and 2 times i got infracted. Meanwhile he's roaming on forum and check every thread for anything bad about his precious game and type his one liners such as "some people would argue" or " Oo I don't agree".
    Looks like he got friends at high places. This subforum starting to look more and more bias everyday.
    MMo champ subforum mods are the biggest fanbois of the games they are supposed to moderate in an unbiased manner. Not just GW2, it's true for all game subforums.
    Being unbiased and objective is not a requirement to be a mod on MMO champ.

  13. #413
    Legendary! SirRobin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Counciltucky
    Posts
    6,002
    There is a difference between being biased and simply enforcing the rules. If he doesn't break the rules and you do? Well, you don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure out who is going to get dinged for it. He is hardly the only one who posts consistently. There are those whose posts cast GW2 in an unfavorable light as well. While he is definitely the most prolific, he also consistently follows the rules. So he doesn't usually get dinged.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

  14. #414
    This question usually sounds like a loaded subtle poke at GW2 endgame.

    It's unfortunate that so many players in all mmos today are so focused on racing to max level asap. They miss a lot of the game. With GW2 especially it's the journey...not the destination. Same for wow or swtor, try reading the quests while leveling an alt instead of just grabbing, seeing the goal, and turning them in asap. I could see maybe racing for a world first or to 90 in mop to gank if you're on a pvp server, but in GW2 with pvp scaling it doesn't matter much. Max level just isn't terribly exciting in most mmos IMHO. That's why I usually end up leveling alts. I have spent enough time running circles in capital cities, in-between the relatively few hours raiding each week.

  15. #415
    Quote Originally Posted by nemro82 View Post
    what are you talking about, there were healer monks and tanking specs in Gw1.
    Btw, why everyone who even remotly says something bad (well it wasnt even calling a name or wahtever, just truth) about DrakeWurrum keeps getting infracted at the spot? I called him fanboy 2 times on this forum and 2 times i got infracted. Meanwhile he's roaming on forum and check every thread for anything bad about his precious game and type his one liners such as "some people would argue" or " Oo I don't agree".
    Looks like he got friends at high places. This subforum starting to look more and more bias everyday.

    Protected by ladies, try tell women they could be wrong , ive reduced my visits to this subforum by large margin as it has hugely gone down hill. Watch me getting infracted for this
    "Bill Nye: So Todd I got an offer for you. You and me. Any time. Any place. Debating science mano- a-mano. I'll bring the facts, and you bring the Vaseline. Because your ass is gonna fucking need it when I'm done whipping."

    Mr Eames: "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

  16. #416
    The Insane DrakeWurrum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Isle of Faces
    Posts
    15,040
    Quote Originally Posted by Tumaras View Post
    This question usually sounds like a loaded subtle poke at GW2 endgame.

    It's unfortunate that so many players in all mmos today are so focused on racing to max level asap. They miss a lot of the game. With GW2 especially it's the journey...not the destination. Same for wow or swtor, try reading the quests while leveling an alt instead of just grabbing, seeing the goal, and turning them in asap. I could see maybe racing for a world first or to 90 in mop to gank if you're on a pvp server, but in GW2 with pvp scaling it doesn't matter much. Max level just isn't terribly exciting in most mmos IMHO. That's why I usually end up leveling alts. I have spent enough time running circles in capital cities, in-between the relatively few hours raiding each week.
    Definitely the crux of the issue. How many people find endgame in ANY game fun anymore?
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

    If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

  17. #417
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Definitely the crux of the issue. How many people find endgame in ANY game fun anymore?
    I think people who have never played mmo's would enjoy this game the most as they would not have been affected by other previous/current games. Those who come from mmo background envision wow endgame without grind. As I saw in other post, constantly fresh content without grind. Which is simply not possible. Since it is not possible - people complain that gw2 is not delivering it...
    "Bill Nye: So Todd I got an offer for you. You and me. Any time. Any place. Debating science mano- a-mano. I'll bring the facts, and you bring the Vaseline. Because your ass is gonna fucking need it when I'm done whipping."

    Mr Eames: "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

  18. #418
    Dreadlord Asseymcgee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    984
    Quote Originally Posted by Tumaras View Post
    This question usually sounds like a loaded subtle poke at GW2 endgame.

    It's unfortunate that so many players in all mmos today are so focused on racing to max level asap. They miss a lot of the game. With GW2 especially it's the journey...not the destination. Same for wow or swtor, try reading the quests while leveling an alt instead of just grabbing, seeing the goal, and turning them in asap. I could see maybe racing for a world first or to 90 in mop to gank if you're on a pvp server, but in GW2 with pvp scaling it doesn't matter much. Max level just isn't terribly exciting in most mmos IMHO. That's why I usually end up leveling alts. I have spent enough time running circles in capital cities, in-between the relatively few hours raiding each week.
    Uhhh have you hit 80 yet? It really isn't hard to hit max level in this game. With crafting, exploring, DEs, hearts etc etc. It's really easy, you don't have to "race" to max level. A good player can hit 80 in about a week. No ones complaining about the game pre 80. Everyone seems to agree that it has one of the best leveling experiences of any mmo out there. The destination is where it's lacking.

    Quote Originally Posted by jtgizmo View Post
    I think people who have never played mmo's would enjoy this game the most as they would not have been affected by other previous/current games. Those who come from mmo background envision wow endgame without grind. As I saw in other post, constantly fresh content without grind. Which is simply not possible. Since it is not possible - people complain that gw2 is not delivering it...
    It's not exactly that, it's unrealistic to think that all grind will be gone from an mmo. It's the amount of grind at the moment to be able to get the best "skins" that's annoying people. Dungeons suck right now, and everything is a heavy in your face grind. If it was masked like in other games, there wouldn't be a problem.
    Last edited by Asseymcgee; 2012-09-20 at 01:59 AM.

  19. #419
    Quote Originally Posted by Asseymcgee View Post
    It's not exactly that, it's unrealistic to think that all grind will be gone from an mmo. It's the amount of grind at the moment to be able to get the best "skins" that's annoying people. Dungeons suck right now, and everything is a heavy in your face grind. If it was masked like in other games, there wouldn't be a problem.
    The grind for those skins is intentional. Pretty sure Anet said that if you want the fancy skins, you better be ready to grind for it. It was the same way in GW1 with elite armors. They're the equivalent of Heroic tier gear from WoW in that they require more time and effort to acquire than LFR or normal mode gear.

  20. #420
    Dreadlord Asseymcgee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    984
    Quote Originally Posted by Robot-Nixon View Post
    The grind for those skins is intentional. Pretty sure Anet said that if you want the fancy skins, you better be ready to grind for it. It was the same way in GW1 with elite armors. They're the equivalent of Heroic tier gear from WoW in that they require more time and effort to acquire than LFR or normal mode gear.
    Source please?

    I remember them stating that it will take hard work to get the nice skins, never nothing about grinding. That was against their "philosophy".

    And hard work does not = mind numbing grind.

    Btw, your sig is fucking awesome lol.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •