View Poll Results: Are you enjoying the "Endgame"?

Voters
1006. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

474 47.12%
  • No

532 52.88%
Page 29 of 43 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I don't know if you have been leveling with a group the whole time or what but I would totally disagree. I mean just today in Bloodtide Coast I had to know when to dodge at the right time. I had to think about which abilites I would use or I would get killed if I used the wrong ones. I honestly have never had so much fun with an mmo combat system. To be fair though I am under leveled playing a thief.
    I'm an Elementalist, the squishiest class of all. You know how I operate?

Endgame combat 101

1. Gear choice
    Toughness / Vitality / condition damage / Power /Precision (That would be the "Knight" and "Foul" gear choices). 2 Pieces knight with toughness, 4 pieces foul with vitality. I have allocated roughly 1/3rd of my stat budget to survival that way with Toughness to vitality at a 1 : 2 ratio.

2. Traits
    30 Fire, 20 earth, 10 Water, 10 arcane. Use what you see fit to improve damage, just be sure to trait earth armor (-33% damage @50% HP) and dispel upon water attune. Arcane shield is also nice.

3. Utility skills:
    Self healing: Healing seed
    Utility: Dispel flame AoE thingy, both elementals, and glyph of storms.

4 Combat:
    Normal mobs: Pull 2. Ideally pull with fire staff 3 to apply burning condition. DO NOT MOVE. Let the mob get into position then place fire staff 2 below his feet. By the time the cooldown is ready, both mobs should be at 50% HP, as should you. Now pop healing seed and finish them off. IGNORE any special attacks. Yes even the ones from the big guys that knock you down. It's irrelevant. DoTs will tick them down while you're lying there looking helpless. (Nothing is more fun as lying there he wants to do a power attack and just falls over due to DoTs ^_^ )
    Congrats you won. Loot and let your HP regenerate.

Veterans: Depends on the type. If it's a caster, just pop both fire elementals and burn him down fast. Use healing seed to heal you and the eles. If it's a melee switch to earth, pop the big elemental, stay in earth (elemental will tank for you) and nuke him with earth staff 2. Make sure to use on cooldown and stack bleed.

Champions: I really wouldn't do those solo. If you manage to get their attention though DO NOT RUN! Stay there get one normal hit (make sure it's not a power attack you need to dodge those) then dodge and run around in SMALL circles. Give your group a chance to do damage to the guy. (Nothing is more annoying if some moron runs huuuge circles and the mob is constantly on the run)

Yeah. GW2s combat is mindnumbingly easy if you gear your character correctly. Of course all the superheroes who build glass cannon chars think it's super hard and challenging because they are almost one hit.

I leveled completely solo. Only thing to watch out for: Instant respawn and aggro range. And other players of course. I really hate it that if some dude runs close by me the mobs STOP following the dude, HIT ME and he just keeps running away. I mean W T F?!
    Last edited by Granyala; 2012-09-22 at 10:35 AM.

Ifalna Sha'yoko on Twitter and Armory - Occasionally unfaithful to WoW with my Adorable Miqo'te - (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━ ┻

Funny thing is Anets anti botting system only fucks it up for regular people hahahaha. The botters already found a way past it and are much more efficient in farming, exploiters also have won.
    Yeah, it's really a very, very lazy way to try to stop botters and the like. It's kinda like DRM...it doesn't stop the people that are pirating stuff and just serves to annoy the legitimate users.

Between that and the bannings over every little thing...I log in every day expecting to be banned because I did something that I "should have known" was wrong. Like vendored something in my bag that wasn't supposed to have a sale price, or I did an event twice that happened to have a respawn time that was too fast, or gathered a copper ore node that had four ticks instead of three.

I don't know if you have been leveling with a group the whole time or what but I would totally disagree. I mean just today in Bloodtide Coast I had to know when to dodge at the right time. I had to think about which abilites I would use or I would get killed if I used the wrong ones. I honestly have never had so much fun with an mmo combat system. To be fair though I am under leveled playing a thief.
    I dunno...most mobs can't even land hits on you as long as you're moving. The only melee mobs that are threatening at all generally are fast moving mobs with quick attacks. Everything else moves and attacks too slowly to keep up with even simple movements. The combat system is something else that I intentionally try NOT to do too well at, because I don't want A.Net deciding that taking 0 damage from most mobs by simply moving is also an "exploit".

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Between that and the bannings over every little thing...I log in every day expecting to be banned because I did something that I "should have known" was wrong. Like vendored something in my bag that wasn't supposed to have a sale price, or I did an event twice that happened to have a respawn time that was too fast, or gathered a copper ore node that had four ticks instead of three.
    Yeah right. I am sure you will get banned for that Misinformation and lies spread by banned people are taking the toll I guess.

I dunno...most mobs can't even land hits on you as long as you're moving. The only melee mobs that are threatening at all generally are fast moving mobs with quick attacks. Everything else moves and attacks too slowly to keep up with even simple movements. The combat system is something else that I intentionally try NOT to do too well at, because I don't want A.Net deciding that taking 0 damage from most mobs by simply moving is also an "exploit".
    Except reducing damage by moving is the intentional design and not a bug. It worked like that for years in GW1 and is simply more so necessary in a game without holy trinity. Just becouse WoW uses the system that doesnt allow you to mitigate damage by moving (if a mob is not slower from you) does not mean every other MMO must be same.

Just becouse WoW uses the system that doesnt allow you to mitigate damage by moving (if a mob is not slower from you) does not mean every other MMO must be same.
    I...what....WoW?...how did....

Seriously, how does every topic end up being like this?

I...what....WoW?...how did....

Seriously, how does every topic end up being like this?
    I dont know. Becouse WoW is one prominent MMO where you cant reduce damage by moving. And then you complain that you CAN reduce damage by moving? Works by association.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    He cannot be 2 manned. It's impossible.
    It is very possible, the mind control is broken by LoS, so just one of you tank him behind a pillar and the other stand behind the pillar = no mind control whatsoever.

I dont know. Becouse WoW is one prominent MMO where you cant reduce damage by moving. And then you complain that you CAN reduce damage by moving? Works by association.
    It wasn't a complaint, it was me thinking, "This isn't going to be one of those things that down the road people will be saying, 'It should have been obvious to him that taking 0 damage from mobs and even bosses wasn't right!', is it?"

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    snip
    I can see your point, most of my gear comes from karma vendors because I sell every drop on the trading post. I guess it is really hard for me to judge the combat when I haven't been messing with stats much. Nonetheless I have been having a great time playing the game.

I guess it is really hard for me to judge the combat when I haven't been messing with stats much
    To be quite honest: I was surprised how much of an impact putting tough and vit onto my gear had. I went from "near one hit wonder" to "lol me can tank stuffz!". ^^
    My friend played GW1 and he gave me the tip that glass cannon is not recommended.

Ifalna Sha'yoko on Twitter and Armory - Occasionally unfaithful to WoW with my Adorable Miqo'te - (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━ ┻

I understand the poll is pretty close, and the sample size isn't super big, but with more people saying no I hope something is added to spice things up (not necessarily raids before someone jump me). Although with recent ANet comments I'm not so sure.

A little update, seems like Anet is listening to their players.

Q - I looked around and didn’t find the answer of the following question :
    Why are the dungeon tokens Soulbound ?
    Just for a storage perspective it doesn’t make sense

A - I agree.

Seriously though this change is coming.

Jon

Q - Jon could we also get the costs of items down a couple 100 tokens please?

A - You asked so nicely, but how about we just give out more tokens instead?

This is good stuff, there's quite a few changes they are making to them game in the next few patches. I'm actually getting excited, I'm going to wait until these fixes and changes are in place before logging in again, so I can really enjoy the max level.

Really enjoy the leveling experience, but not the 'end game', or WvW, pity

Nope, already quit.

Diablo 3 and Guild Wars 2 -- Biggest gaming disappointments for me in the last 10 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Asseymcgee View Post
    This is good stuff, there's quite a few changes they are making to them game in the next few patches. I'm actually getting excited, I'm going to wait until these fixes and changes are in place before logging in again, so I can really enjoy the max level.
    Good to read. After all, even counting headstart, GW2 isn't a month old yet. We'll see where they go with it.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Hi every 1 ,,,

i did read some subjects here from time tell i deside to reg. here

this is my first post and i would try be fast <3

first of all i would thx all players who add like this subject , and pls forive me if my english is bad cus it is my second language <3

what was gw2 for me? it was a game that i had been waiting around 5 years and i was so so exicited about this game i even make many friends come to gw2 or intresting to try it ( i even help some of them with payment by my card )

any way the game is lanuched now and we try it in beta and when it lanuch , so what is happen?

i am dispointed and i never never feel that i lost my money on a worthless game ,,, i am an old gamer and i have buy manyyy conoslt games and some pc games ,, i am not new in games beacuse i did play from old consolt like first nintendo tell that keyboard conoslt ( i think it called atari ) , sega - ps1-ps2- etc

this game is realy bad , and it is not a revoltion as we expect ,, it takes MMO backsteps
    unfortanly i am still scared beacuse this media and lights help Anet in selling without even showing the full content
    we was expecting good game , good content and the most importnat thing is quilty !

the quilty in this game is like a shadow

they just did the same crap other company did with adding some action part that make player at begging say ( omg omg omg gw2 <3 )

i am sry guys if my words did not feet some fanboys or people who like this game

actually i do not have problem if a person love this game , i am happy for him but i am talking as MMORPG player and old gamer and this is my opinion

i even think this game is not full RPG ,, it is just mixed and make u lost some time u think it is 2 style game in one as LOL and WoW but i tell you what Anet sould did at begging :

1- they make it PVP only just login you find every thing ready for u ( gears - lvl ) and u just do match .

do not hate me but i think it is must part that make people love MMORPG is accomplishment .

what is accomplishment in MMORPG ,
    is like working to have your pvp gears , jewels and weapons

this game is just a crap ,, some people say ( aw well it is skill game ) i say IT IS NOT SKILL GAME i swear to god i have seen skills more than gw2 in Aion and WoW

let us stop here at skill part and i tell u why people feel it is skill game ( even me at begging iw as think it is skill game ) :
    1- the media and light from Anet that telling people GW2 is skills not about gears
    2- when u see that your lvl and gears is same to every one wich mean lvl 80 and same gears
    3- ability that keep players say it is skills

in other hand let me tell u this , what make it realy skill game after we try the pvp ?

srsly?

the number of skills are few and u just keep press skills tell your foe loss hp and what ? Aion have much better than gw2 when it come to skills ability and kiting your foe

i am not try compared aion or wow to gw2 no gw2 guys

i am just say We were tricked , we expect more from this game cus the media and light make it as the best game ever and it will make the revoltion to the MMORPG games ,

some people still live inside that trick that telling them it is skill game

pls guys try to understand what skill game mean ,, it is a game need you to study your foe and try reflect his movment back in same skill he did - same time ,, not just pressing hearstrik posion ( 1-2-3 )

i Yazeed been playing diffrent mmo games would say it is not that much skill game

when a warrior kills you using a skill with a gun that mean he hit you from far that mean u give him abiltiy to kill a ranger who basde on RNG ! and try to kite you

i will not go deep on calss problems beacuse i think we need a big section to talk about class problems and ability but let me tell you this guys

Anet did take advantage of that they will intrduce a game for fun a game did nott required u to work for your gears and pvp stuff

they say it is skilled base and i say again it is not that much skilled game

other game got skills better than gw2

i know some people will be mad at me , but as i said this is my opinion and i ask you guys and girls

just try understand my points without been a blind fanboy

we are a gammers 2 , and we test this game with enough time

i would say again , i am afriad about what will happen in future for mmorpg game

lets see what Anet write on the website and i will write it now as in meaning ( if you are MMORPG player we advise you to try gw2 and if you are not MMORPG player then we also advise you to try gw2 ) !!

get this from me ,, i did see that happen b4 in other games when they target other players who like fps or any other type of games

i did see Resdient evil become and action game and how far they try did as CoD in the version racoon city on ps3

the president of capcom say the harror games is weak marking ,, and action games as CoD style have huge fans !

my point is , if capcom want action game then just make action game with diffrent new seruis name but i think they want a RE name on the box

any way

gw2 is B2P that make it cool for people

i am 100% sure if this game p2p you will find many people canceling subs

Anet did win at the end ,, they sell many copies

marking + high light what make must people intresting in this game , i did see manyyy players not even MMORPG players buy cd keys just beacuse they see the youtube or what ever and say omg omg so so amazing i love this game

i will say the true even me i did expect much and more from Anet .. 5 years to creat this game and the result was suck

i would give Anet 10/10 on one thing only , is marking by media

peac
    Last edited by Yazeed; 2012-09-24 at 12:23 PM.

Yazeed, Bad troll, 0/10.
    - Skill is not equal to gear grind. Gear grind is not equal to accomplishment.

PS: I'm enjoying my game. I have alts and friends who I play with.

Entire video is about PVP. He'd just as well be talking about any run-of-the-mill action game.

Could have just said, "GW2 is more twitch based than stat driven MMOs."

Quote Originally Posted by Iryne View Post
    Yazeed, Bad troll, 0/10.

Too much emphasis on PvP. Where's the PvE? I'd rather play League of Legends or FPS if I wanted 'PvP' as it can never be balanced too much in MMOs. This doesn't excite me in GW2.

A MMO should be about the complete package, that doesn't underlook everything else. I loved wvw for a while, but it all turned into a clusterfest pretty quickly. I have a level 50 at rank 15 in pvp and a lvl 30 alt, and I'm already very bored of it.

Perhaps the game isn't for me, but one thing is for sure, I have played it to a level that a lot of others who generalize have not. A MMO should also focus on PvE and the gameplay, and I gave a big thumbs up to Arenanet for leveling scene, but the end-game is too repetitive. Sure, you could say that for WoW, but WoW has focuses on both aspects of PvP and PvE.

Just for the record, I've also played Rift for 6 months and Aion for 3 months when I decided to take a break from WoW. It's safe to say that the game is slowly declining is nowhere near as populated as it is before.

Quote Originally Posted by Iryne View Post
    Yazeed, Bad troll, 0/10.

Iryne , idk if you are srs about this video or jking !

realy u call that a skills ?

avoid - dug ?

well bro go see this video again and see how that person keep press 1 must of the time to hit his foe and about avoiding or what he call it

i see a weakness in this part and btw it is not new

other games got better , avoiding + kiting + keep the righ right distance all those thing are founded in other MMORPG games

tera got better combat system than gw2 does ,, and also tera got that avoiding part lol

i did say it in my first post and i would say it again ,, try to understand what skills game realy mean

dudg and avoiding does not make it full skill game ,, when we talk about skills we talk about time to practice to study your foe and become better and better with time even if it takes player months or years

I think the biggest misconception that people have when they talk about "traditional MMO Endgame" is the idea that it's about the gear grind. It certainly gets repeated around here enough. I wish I could get people to believe that it really isn't, it's about the content.

Hell, I started Tier 11 Heroic raiding in mostly blues and ended it still wearing mostly normal mode gear, one blue item, and a level 80 craftable alchemy trinket. Still managed to rank on WoL for most fights, including a US top 40 Heroic Al'akir 25 kill. (Loved and hated that fight. =D )

Most raiders you talk to will tell you that when it comes to raiding, it's about the content. You'll hear, "Get gear to raid, not raid to get gear" a lot.

I don't care whether or not GW2 has a gear grind. I don't know how many times it'll take before this sinks in and people stop attributing that position to me (and other "raiders"). All I care about is the content, I want to be challenged.
    Last edited by Bovinity Divinity; 2012-09-24 at 01:56 PM.