View Poll Results: Are you enjoying the "Endgame"?

Voters
1006. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

474 47.12%
  • No

532 52.88%
Page 5 of 43 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I remember all the gw fan boi lovers saying there would be no grind in gw2.

Last time I checked exotic gear was far better than masterwork and rare. It will take some time to get geared in exotic gear.

I know some of you are prepared to farm hours on end for it, be as boring and mindlessly dumb as it is, but most of us will just say fuck it, not worth it.
    The real question is...if it's a grind but there's no purpose to doing it at all (no challenging PvE endgame) then...why do the grind at all? Might as well just skip that part.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    I remember all the gw fan boi lovers saying there would be no grind in gw2.
    None of the "fan boi lovers" were making such statements if they'd actually done their research.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give into your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

No, absolutely not.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    None of the "fan boi lovers" were making such statements if they'd actually done their research.
    ACTUALLY the developer ArenaNET was saying this in multiple interviews when they were dissing other mmo's. GW2 fans were just repeating what the developer said.
    http://raptr.com/puremallace/about

What has been made by QQ can be unmade by QQ!!!

To which I'd counter:

In the past, we’ve talked about how in Guild Wars 2 we designed the game to avoid a common problem in many MMOs: grinding through chunks of boring, repetitive content
    That's the very first line of the recent "Endgame" post from A.Net.

In the past, we’ve talked about how in Guild Wars 2 we designed the game to avoid a common problem in many MMOs: grinding through chunks of boring, repetitive content
    Kill stuff, follow people, click stuff, kill stuff, click stuff, kill end zone boss

Next zone

Kill stuff, follow people, click stuff, kill stuff, click stuff, kill end zone boss

Next zone

Next zone

You get the idea..........

So much for the unrepetitiveness

And don't even start on level 80 gear and the grind on the same event over and over and over and over just to try and get enough gold and/or mats >_>

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    ACTUALLY the developer ArenaNET was saying this in multiple interviews when they were dissing other mmo's. GW2 fans were just repeating what the developer said.
    What they've typically been saying, except apparently for that stupid "end game" article they posted recently which feels way off the mark, is that they want to get rid of those required grinds. They don't want you to have to grind out exp to get to max level and then grind out a bunch of gear in easy faceroll content to only THEN get to play the "real game" in raiding.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give into your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

is that they want to get rid of those required grinds. They don't want you to have to grind out exp to get to max level and then grind out a bunch of gear in easy faceroll content to only THEN get to play the "real game" in raiding.
    So basically...

"Old MMO Style:" Grind xp. Level up. Grind instances. Grind points. Get a bunch of gear. THEN go to the "real" endgame.

"GW2 MMO Style:" Grind xp. Level up. Grind instances. Grind points. Get a bunch of gear. THEN go to...wait, no. They didn't put in anything after that.

I've said it before in other threads...simply removing the content doesn't mean that you've done a good job removing the "grind" that was perceived to be required for that content. It's just like the restaurant removing the wait for food to get cooked by removing food altogether.

What they've typically been saying, except apparently for that stupid "end game" article they posted recently which feels way off the mark, is that they want to get rid of those required grinds. They don't want you to have to grind out exp to get to max level and then grind out a bunch of gear in easy faceroll content to only THEN get to play the "real game" in raiding.
    These guys could have done instanced raids that required skill over gear and FUNDAMENTALLY changed the mmo genre. Instead it boils down to this:

PvP: Guild needed to really excel
    Pve: Solo

There is a clear mis match between pve and pvp.
    http://raptr.com/puremallace/about

What has been made by QQ can be unmade by QQ!!!

So instead they make the entire game easy?

WvW done at any level, zerg fest.

DE's zerg fest.

5 mans, done easily in masterwork gear.

For those that have already gotten map completion (and I sure hope you mean that you did most of the DE's as well, as otherwize you just kind of missed 90% of the game), how many hours have you put into the game?
    I just can't see how people can have finished all maps, including doing most of the events. You must have put in a bizzare amount of time.

B-but that's exactly what happens except the "real game" raiding thing. In GW2 you grind just for the sake of grinding, and not for the sake of reaching a certain level to start raiding. Is that not so?

Quote Originally Posted by Strah View Post
    B-but that's exactly what happens except the "real game" raiding thing. In GW2 you grind just for the sake of grinding, and not for the sake of reaching a certain level to start raiding. Is that not so?
    You grind for a look (the gear sets for high grinding look shit) which no one will look twice at, apart from you.

The whole game is one huge grind, first 80 levelling experience is very cool though.

What game does this remind me off...

Its not endgame if theres dungeons spread throughout the leveling process, endgame means END OF THE GAME as in your lvl 80 and want to start raiding but it turns out that lvl 20 dungeon you done has an "explorable half assed mode" where theres roughly 30 mobs in 3 directions that you can choose from and get 1 shot by.

Its not fun, its boring. Especially since you get like 20-30 tokens per crappy run. CM and the charr dungeon are the only 2 farmable dungeons in the game, arguable the only 2 completable ones without having a coordinated group.

I keep coming back to this but I demand mechanics, 2 dodges isnt enough for all the 1 shottyness that goes on in dungeons, so either give us more dodges in dungeons or remake the whole thing and add actual mechanics to work around and have tactics for.

Quote Originally Posted by azthal View Post
    For those that have already gotten map completion (and I sure hope you mean that you did most of the DE's as well, as otherwize you just kind of missed 90% of the game), how many hours have you put into the game?
    I just can't see how people can have finished all maps, including doing most of the events. You must have put in a bizzare amount of time.
    A lot of the folks who have 100% map completion haven't actually done many events. Map completion doesn't require you to do events, only renown hearts/points of interest/vistas and the like.

Heroic Recruitment -- Hersh's multi-PoV kill vids. -- Raids & Dungeons & Hunter kitty
    no one huntars like gaston

Put it this way, the journey was a lot more interesting than the destination.

Quote Originally Posted by Clarissaxoxo View Post
    Considering as a thief I could generally solo 4-7 mobs on my own, I'd be inclined to ask for DEs (where you're with 5-10 other people) to have hoards of 50-100 mobs attacking you. Granted it becomes an AoE-extravaganza, but it should make it more difficult. At the moment it's just la la la la afk~.
    Did an event like that. Everyone was aoeing while I tried my best to tag something. Sadly most things instant died when they spawn to the point they would just spawn dead.

Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    Did an event like that. Everyone was aoeing while I tried my best to tag something. Sadly most things instant died when they spawn to the point they would just spawn dead.
    This is my experience of DE's or doing it solo and not standing a chance because its not tuned for solo play. I actually didnt vote because I never reached end game, but from what I read on here it doesnt sound like it would entertain me seeing as I disliked the levelling to start with.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    Then your a mumbling dumbass who likes to make assumptions about people for the hell of it.

So the developers don't know their own game? :s

Quote Originally Posted by Clarissaxoxo View Post
    So the developers don't know their own game? :s
    Fortunately, the "real game" still starts at level 2.