Poll: Are you enjoying the "Endgame"?

Page 6 of 43 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    PvE endgame I'm sure it will be added.. Right now I'm 23 and explore everything (4/4 fully explored and on my way for the 5th).. By this rate and considering I'm a 4th year student, I'm never reaching 80 before the first expansion lawl ; P

"No" - because I'm not there yet.
    Blame all my twinks.
    The advantage of the dreamer is that he never has to face the chains of reality.
    Blackhand[EU] - Mistral

Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    Put it this way, the journey was a lot more interesting than the destination.
    I guess I agree with this, after hitting 80 I just don't feel like logging in anymore.

End game is nothing but one long huge grind. If you like doing repetitive solo play which requires no team work at all, you may enjoy it. The game felt like a single player game to me.

---------- Post added 2012-09-15 at 12:43 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    2. Solo content is almost non existant in this game aswell. Almost every activity requires you to have a party or, even better, a guild group. This is Guild Wars, not a solo game some games like WoW has become. The feeling out of doing anything solo is very different from doing the same thing but with your mates.
    This game felt like a single player game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    These guys could have done instanced raids that required skill over gear and FUNDAMENTALLY changed the mmo genre. Instead it boils down to this:

PvP: Guild needed to really excel
    Pve: Solo

There is a clear mis match between pve and pvp.
    Well they failed in alot of more areas. It's an copy of swtor

I voted no.

The developers once said that there is very few grinding required, but along the lines of leveling ( lvl 80 reached ) I kind of come to the conclusion there is a LOT of grinding. I did all the Norn areas and a few of the Charr areas. I had nowhere near the required mats to get my armor smiting to 400, let alone also my weapon smiting. So I ended up having to grind.

Once I got to 80 I looked at the things available to me, I did already do all story mode instances so I can do all three versions of exploration, sure! But to what end? Other then I can say I did them, they do not give rewards apart from tokens, which you need a huge amount of to buy a set, again grinding.

As above legendary weapons or armor I can't make because it once more ends up in a lot of grinding.

So what is left to me is to complete all zones and do other professions, which I will end up doing, but to me at 80 it seems to consist of grinds, and that was something I thought ArenaNet tried not to. There was a list somewhere of 80 things to do in GW2 at 80, and well look at it of how much is grindy
    Last edited by Jin; 2012-09-15 at 08:42 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by peterpan007 View Post
    What there's an end game?

I need to log back in ... I must of missed it
    No, you probably just did it all already without realizing it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jin View Post
    I voted no.

The developers once said that there is very few grinding required, but along the lines of leveling ( lvl 80 reached ) I kind of come to the conclusion there is a LOT of grinding. I did all the Norn areas and a few of the Charr areas. I had nowhere near the required mats to get my armor smiting to 400, let alone also my weapon smiting. So I ended up having to grind.

Once I got to 80 I looked at the things available to me, I did already do all story mode instances so I can do all three versions of exploration, sure! But to what end? Other then I can say I did them, they do not give rewards apart from tokens, which you need a huge amount of to buy a set, again grinding.

As above legendary weapons or armor I can't make because it once more ends up in a lot of grinding.

So what is left to me is to complete all zones and do other professions, which I will end up doing, but to me at 80 it seems to consist of grinds, and that was something I thought ArenaNet tried not to. There was a list somewhere of 80 things to do in GW2 at 80, and well look at it of how much is grindy
    It happens in mmo's, there's no way around it. Some grinds are more fun than others.

---------- Post added 2012-09-16 at 09:13 AM ----------

2. Solo content is almost non existant in this game aswell. Almost every activity requires you to have a party or, even better, a guild group. This is Guild Wars, not a solo game some games like WoW has become. The feeling out of doing anything solo is very different from doing the same thing but with your mates.
    Only things that really require a group are dungeons, sPvP tournys, and getting 70-80 via ruins of Orr, and even then you can just cleave xp and events. Everything else can be solo'd. Vets are the new regular mobs at 80 pretty much. Seems like I'm one of the few that actually enjoys endgame. Much more enjoyable when you're actually playing the game and not dredging grinding for nothing. It's an mmo, there are grinds. This is not new.

I must say, I hate myself for not going into sPvP sooner. I've been shying away from it due to fears from my GW1 PvP experiences (friggin invincimonks) but I'm enjoying it a lot. And while it'll certainly be a grind, as in taking a long time, to unlock even a large chunk of the pvp gear, it'll at least be one where there's a fairly smooth progression of unlocks.

Which helps me to realize what really turns me off in PvE, hitting 80 suddenly makes progression in those things (collecting armor for looks, or even getting exotics) into a rock climbing experience rather than just an uphill battle. I'd love to see a PvE armor customization system more like the PvP one, where you can actually collect the different looks. Even if it, in the end, consumed the armor and left just the skin to show rather than whatever the skin for your current armor is. Not to mention the fact that currently if you spend all that money on the cultural armor I sure hope you don't want a different look any time soon unless you've got a collection of different armor sets. The looking how we want is nice, but there is far too little fluidity to it in PvE especially once you hit exotics, where you would either need multiple armor sets or to sacrifice your old look. Especially when the whole incentive of messing with the PvE is those very appearances.

3. This is a PvP game. If you are looking to stay you gotta like it.
    I keep mentioning this around so I can do it again. You know... with this "GW is a PvP game" motto I would be careful. Perhaps GW for most people ends up as a PvP game. But not for all. It CAN be a PvE game if you enjoy specific things. This comes from a guy who spent around 2000 hours on doing PvE content in GW1 and who will most likely spend hundreds more in GW2 PvE content.

Deleted
    I had to say yes, since i love the game. BUT some of the PvE areas are horribly broken. In Orr on my server, i think there is now only 5 events that are actually working. Other than that, i love the dungeons, WvW and all the awesome dragons around and now that i finally got my 100% i might start focusing more on the gated pvp too. But they really need to start fixing the endgame area events, since they have been broken for quite a while already and patches have had zero impact on em.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenofreak View Post
    I must say, I hate myself for not going into sPvP sooner. I've been shying away from it due to fears from my GW1 PvP experiences (friggin invincimonks) but I'm enjoying it a lot. And while it'll certainly be a grind, as in taking a long time, to unlock even a large chunk of the pvp gear, it'll at least be one where there's a fairly smooth progression of unlocks.

Which helps me to realize what really turns me off in PvE, hitting 80 suddenly makes progression in those things (collecting armor for looks, or even getting exotics) into a rock climbing experience rather than just an uphill battle. I'd love to see a PvE armor customization system more like the PvP one, where you can actually collect the different looks. Even if it, in the end, consumed the armor and left just the skin to show rather than whatever the skin for your current armor is. Not to mention the fact that currently if you spend all that money on the cultural armor I sure hope you don't want a different look any time soon unless you've got a collection of different armor sets. The looking how we want is nice, but there is far too little fluidity to it in PvE especially once you hit exotics, where you would either need multiple armor sets or to sacrifice your old look. Especially when the whole incentive of messing with the PvE is those very appearances.

Dood....that is one of the best ideas I have read in a while. And brings up the question of why they didn't incorporate that for pve? It sucks that if you buy the Tier3 armor for all that gold and if you want to use another skin it's gone so you would have to buy it again if you ever want to use it again. Since this game is all cosmetics and shit, that's a really good point. You should post this on the official forums dude.

I enjoy the game at 80 and on alts, whether you call it "end-" or not i dont care.

I voted no.

1. Buy some stuff on the trading post.
    2. Yeah do dungeons for the achievement of doing them... I mean thats the purpose of it ?

I don't understand your complaints, you don't want to do some pve stuff (explorable dungeons), you already did some completions (story, map), you don't want to do grindy stuff.

Did you expect infinite new non-grindy content ? That doesn't exist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rezoacken View Post
    1. Buy some stuff on the trading post.
    2. Yeah do dungeons for the achievement of doing them... I mean thats the purpose of it ?

I don't understand your complaints, you don't want to do some pve stuff (explorable dungeons), you already did some completions (story, map), you don't want to do grindy stuff.

Did you expect infinite new non-grindy content ? That doesn't exist.
    You don't seem to understand. Grind is fine, there will always be grind in games but it's usually masked with a sense of progression and accomplishment. Where is that in the explorable modes? The dungeons are tedious and long (other than CoF and CM). As well as right in your face grindy because the only thing worth going into them for is for the tokens. 60 dungeon runs just for a full set of dungeon gear excluding weapons. Ontop of that, you don't get any good drops whatsoever in the dungeons. All you get is shitty blues and greens not worth salvaging, might as well vendor them. That's the problem.

It's too much in your face grind, almost like an asian mmo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, there's more to an MMo than your typical gear progression treadmill. I certainly hope all these skinner box addicts find their way back to Warcraft to lessen the queues.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    That doesn't even make sense. GW2 didn't even remove the grind or the treadmill, all they removed was the content that you'd normally be striving to do while grinding along.

There's more grind for gear in GW2 than just about any modern MMO I've seen recently, it really is pretty silly. Way more than WoW has, as long as we're bringing Warcraft up. The only difference in the games is that there's absolutely no reason to do GW2's grinds. There's no challenging content at the end to progress through, no competitive PvE elements, nothing.

So yeah, comments like yours just make no sense.
    How doesn't it make any sense? I was simply implying that there's more to do at 80 than simply running dungeons over and over again to get new gear (doesn't matter whether its plateau'd). You sound like a smart person, you should know the list of features this game has to offer without having to look it up.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I really enjoyed the leveling experience with friends, but when it came to PvP and dungeons at max level I just didn't "feel it." Needless to say, I have yet to log in since hitting 80 (week and a half ago). I wanted to enjoy it, but just didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Supajayare View Post
    How doesn't it make any sense? I was simply implying that there's more to do at 80 than simply running dungeons over and over again to get new gear (doesn't matter whether its plateau'd). You sound like a smart person, you should know the list of features this game has to offer without having to look it up.
    What most ignoramuses call "skinner's box" is essentially a method of associating rewards with work done.

GW2 employs the EXACT SAME METHOD. The only difference is that it implements it horribly, resulting in so much grind that any pleasure gained from accomplishing things is greatly diminished by the sheer amounts of soul-crushing grinding required for it.

So your statement makes no sense whatsoever. It would if GW2 didn't employ the exact same method. But it does. The threadmill is there. In force.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    There's more grind for gear in GW2 than just about any modern MMO I've seen recently, it really is pretty silly. Way more than WoW has, as long as we're bringing Warcraft up. The only difference in the games is that there's absolutely no reason to do GW2's grinds. There's no challenging content at the end to progress through, no competitive PvE elements, nothing.
    I have to agree with this but would add that the grind is sorta singular. For example, if one wanted a dungeon gear set they can ONLY do dungeons to reach that point. Which makes the already thin PVE extremely tedious. In practice I think this bore out by the number and frequency of "speed runs" asking for no melee and 2 boss shard runs.

Quite a heavy grind to grab karma sets too. Running the same 3 stage event chains in Hinterlands, Kessex, Cursed Shore and Straits of Devastation. A number of which are now simply afk/logout spots.

Everything PVE wise is a massive grind of the same 2-3 events or 2-3 dungeons. All zerg fests.

PVE has never been Arena.net's forte.