View Poll Results: Are you enjoying the "Endgame"?

Voters
1006. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

474 47.12%
  • No

532 52.88%
Page 9 of 43 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I voted yes if you mean endgame to be WvWvW and sPvP, the pve got rather boring awhile ago.

PvP, Hell yes. Cant stop playing it.

PvE, No. One of the worst PvE endgames I've seen released in an MMO in the past 10 years.

Still working my way up slowly, but I knew going into this that endgame is mostly PvP. As more of a PvE'er, that means I'm assuming once I finish map completion and do the dungeons a couple times, I'll be heading back to one of the traditional type MMOs until they release new content in GW2. Really, I'm not sure how anyone who read up on GW2 beforehand would have expected to be entertained in the same consistent way by PvE at endgame as in one of the subscription MMOs. It doesn't look like Anet was even trying to capture that market segment going into this so it's hard to fault them for the PvE not being as good as they weren't even intending to make it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rowlga View Post
    Still working my way up slowly, but I knew going into this that endgame is mostly PvP. As more of a PvE'er, that means I'm assuming once I finish map completion and do the dungeons a couple times, I'll be heading back to one of the traditional type MMOs until they release new content in GW2. Really, I'm not sure how anyone who read up on GW2 beforehand would have expected to be entertained in the same consistent way by PvE at endgame as in one of the subscription MMOs. It doesn't look like Anet was even trying to capture that market segment going into this so it's hard to fault them for the PvE not being as good as they weren't even intending to make it.
    I think people who enjoy the dungeons will be pleasantly surprised, I know I was. You say "do the dungeons a couple of times", but you understand that there are 8 story modes, and then each story mode has an additional 3 (I heard someone say 4 for Arah but I haven't verified?) so at the least you've got another 24 dungeon paths on top of your original 8, and these are actually totally different bosses, not just the same bosses with a slightly harder mechanic, they have cut scenes and story lines of their own.
    Moderator of Professions | General Discussion | Diablo 3 | Guild Wars 2
    Please take the time to read the Forum Guidelines & Sig Guidelines

Currently playing: Wildstar | Elder Scrolls Online | Diablo 3 | LoL | Hex TCG
    Steam | Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    I think people who enjoy the dungeons will be pleasantly surprised, I know I was. You say "do the dungeons a couple of times", but you understand that there are 8 story modes, and then each story mode has an additional 3 (I heard someone say 4 for Arah but I haven't verified?) so at the least you've got another 24 dungeon paths on top of your original 8, and these are actually totally different bosses, not just the same bosses with a slightly harder mechanic, they have cut scenes and story lines of their own.
    You can see it on the achievements tab.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven?

Level 80
    162 hours played.

Got to 80 in about 70 hours.
    So, everything after 80 is end-game, right ?

Yeah, i'm enjoying
    A lot!
    English is not my first language, feel free to point out any mistake so i can keep learning.
    Flickr

Herald of the Titans
    I'll let you know when I get past all the dam bugged zones 50+ and up. Encountered 7 bugged heart events/DE in a row, said "screw it" and logged for the night.

I played the beta extensively, so I knew what I was getting myself into. PvE in this game is atrocious, but I told myself that its all worth it for the PvP aspect. And its not bad, I can play for an hour or two a night (when I can get into WvW that is) and get my jollies out, I guess.

Generally, though, I see GW2 as a perfect timesink until MOP is out and my $60 donation to Anet as a little insurance policy toward making sure that mmorpg genre doesn't completely stagnate and die. After all, if the GW2 failed financially, it would be quite a blow to devs down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashnazg View Post
    I played the beta extensively, so I knew what I was getting myself into. PvE in this game is atrocious, but I told myself that its all worth it for the PvP aspect. And its not bad, I can play for an hour or two a night (when I can get into WvW that is) and get my jollies out, I guess.

Generally, though, I see GW2 as a perfect timesink until MOP is out and my $60 donation to Anet as a little insurance policy toward making sure that mmorpg genre doesn't completely stagnate and die. After all, if the GW2 failed financially, it would be quite a blow to devs down the road.
    D'aww, aren't you just the sweetest little poster, donating to a game that quite obviously would have failed without handouts.

I'll let you know when I get past all the dam bugged zones 50+ and up. Encountered 7 bugged heart events/DE in a row, said "screw it" and logged for the night.
    There's that, too. Once you hit level 50 or somewhere close to there, the number of bugged events and such that you run into goes up significantly. Blazeridge Steppes started the trend, and then after that I spent probably an hour in Iron Reaches last night just trying to find an event that worked. =(

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    There's that, too. Once you hit level 50 or somewhere close to there, the number of bugged events and such that you run into goes up significantly. Blazeridge Steppes started the trend, and then after that I spent probably an hour in Iron Reaches last night just trying to find an event that worked. =(
    It's not just DEs. There's a bunch of skillpoints that are bugged. Super annoying when I'm 99% exploration completed.

I got my Elementalist to 80 and stopped playing it. With no progression left, I just don't feel the drive to play it much.

I'm enjoying playing a different class now though. And WvW is fun, if somewhat pointless feeling.
    ~ flarecde
    Reality is nothing; Perception is everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerion View Post
    It's not just DEs. There's a bunch of skillpoints that are bugged. Super annoying when I'm 99% exploration completed.
    Have you tried server hopping? Bit of a pain but it's a useable workaround since they're not bugged on all servers so you can just switch until you find one that's not bugged.
    Moderator of Professions | General Discussion | Diablo 3 | Guild Wars 2
    Please take the time to read the Forum Guidelines & Sig Guidelines

Currently playing: Wildstar | Elder Scrolls Online | Diablo 3 | LoL | Hex TCG
    Steam | Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    Have you tried server hopping? Bit of a pain but it's a useable workaround since they're not bugged on all servers so you can just switch until you find one that's not bugged.
    I transferred at least 10 times. All of them were bugged.

Quote Originally Posted by flarecde View Post
    I got my Elementalist to 80 and stopped playing it. With no progression left, I just don't feel the drive to play it much.

I'm enjoying playing a different class now though. And WvW is fun, if somewhat pointless feeling.
    So you're saying you're WORLD FIRST DUNGEON MASTER???

We're gonna need a screen shot here.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven?

Quote Originally Posted by Galaddriel View Post
    So you're saying you're WORLD FIRST DUNGEON MASTER???

We're gonna need a screen shot here.
    There's nothing in dungeons but cosmetic gear, and I'm rather fond of the set I have now. I'd run them for the story, but they're tuned outside my skill level too.
    ~ flarecde
    Reality is nothing; Perception is everything.

Can't see myself going to Orr very often once i'm done with the place fully, however fairly satisfied with the endgame since i will be doing a lot of sPvP and WvW.

Orr is kind of buggy, but I am enjoying the explorable mode immensely. I can see myself being finished with a full set in a month though. Fortunately there is sPvP tournaments soon! woohoo!
    WvWvW is also somewhat fun, but you really need a group of at least 5 to make a difference.

I don't understand why people say this game didn't change or "revolutionize" the MMO, it clearly made some huge changes that are substantially different then old typical MMORPGS, I mean you can say it didn't- but that doesn't mean the facts aren't there.

Early 90's
    Final Fantasy- grind levels, acquire gear, form a party, beat final boss

Mid 90's
    More advanced RPG's, dynamic combat, 3d!!!!- grinding, gear, killed final bosses

2000's
    Online RPG's Holy shit! Everquest introduced and you literally grinded mob after mob, got to cap, killed final bosses
    Same goes for early Japanese MMO's (FFXI anyone?)

Then WoW took the grind, slapped some quest and lore onto it, got to level cap, and killed bosses

Now GW2 makes the questing different, more dynamic, fluid, grouping easier.

I don't see how that isnt a change.

Quote Originally Posted by Infinitus View Post
    Yes, if it really was PvP and not a running marathon to get to the zerge and then a running battle with the other zerge. Zero skill in there and at the end of the day my char is exactly the same as when I entered. Now, I hardly believe this is going to entertain most people for months or even weeks to come.
    Do you know structured PVP? As I said on my previous post, it's laughable how people bought this game with out researching it first, and then come whining...

I'm enjoying the PvP endgame but I'm no where near the PvE endgame yet.