Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Whats best way to lvl on, lowlvl or equallvl?

As titel says
    I wonder if its most benefited to "questing" where your level matches, like if im lvl17, I go Kessex Hills etc.
    Or if its as equal to clear all "1-15" zone's first then move on to 15-25 zone's etc.

The benefits I see from going low lvl zones first is that I can use copper tools alot longer without worring to "waste" a good tool, or using a too good tool etc
    But how is exp / gear gained? Will I gain less exp for going low lvl zones, or its about same? And gear? I heard soemthing that gear should drop for your level even if you are in a low lvl zone

And for the second, I will not bother with crafting while leveling and no plans in caring untill I need to do for Legendery so mats gained is no big benefits (more then for selling)
    And yes I am aiming for 100% ofc. So either follow story line and quest in "right area" or go back and clear "low lvl area"

*Side question, is it better to salvage ALL armor / weapons, or should I only salvage "salavage kit" and vendor gear?

There's not a lot that makes a difference on the rate of leveling. Just play through whichover zones you want to and gather everything along the way. Crafting is good IF you already have a level 80 and stockpiled mats for a new character (400 in a crafting discipline = 10 levels in about an hour).

in my experience going to the higher lvl areas lvls waaay faster! and the orr zones70-80 lvl insanely fast!

Going with things that are level-appropriate will give much better rewards. While your level is downscaled if you go to a lower level area, the rewards are downscaled as well, so there's really no benefit to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Christoffer1989 View Post
    And yes I am aiming for 100% ofc.
    If you are aiming for 100% then you will do all zones anyway, so what does it matters?

To get to max level as soon as possible you are interested in running as many DEs as possible as quickly as possible. So you'd want to be where many other players are. Higher level enemies will give more reward, lower level enemies will give less reward. That's basically it

One thing I noticed about staying to long in one zone is that your equipment will get worse over time.

So if we take an extreme example, let's say you're level 20 and have full level 20 gear. Now you decide to stay in the same zone for 20 more levels and just run events.
    You get downscaled to level 20 all the time, even if you are already level 40. The problem is that your gear will get worse because it's equally downscaled, which means that your level 20 equipment with 100 power has only 10 power left on it.

Conclusion: Get in the higher level areas soon.
    Sing like no one ist listening - Love like you've never been hurt
    Dance like no one is watching - Masturbate like no one else is on the bus

You have a chance to get gear near your level when downscaled. If you're 40 in a 20 zone, you won't get anything over 40, you have a small chance to get 40 gear, but you'll probably end up with a bunch of stuff in the 32-36 range. Not great, but better than being stuck with 20 gear.

I tend to get into a zone as soon as I am able, within 1-2 levels of the zone itself. You have a better chance of getting good drops from higher level enemies, and if you feel comfortable fighting them there's no reason not to.

Basically, go where you're most comfortable.

I tried to stay in level appropriate zones while I was leveling and hit 80 with about 60% map completion. I'm going around now and cleaning up the ones I didn't finish and finding maps I didn't get a chance to see and getting a mix of level appropriate and lower level rewards. I'm even gotten a few rare items from low level mobs.

The xp & karma rewards are reduced slightly when you downlevel, but it's not a big deal.

Do whatever you find interesting
    Who knows more of gods than I? Horse gods and fire gods, gods made of gold with gemstone eyes, gods carved of cedar wood, gods chiseled into mountains, gods of empty air... I know them all.
    ~Euron "Crow's Eye" Greyjoy

The xp & karma rewards are reduced slightly when you downlevel, but it's not a big deal.
    By slightly you mean you get about 12.5% of the XP from a lower level event as you'd get from an Orr event.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    By slightly you mean you get about 12.5% of the XP from a lower level event as you'd get from an Orr event.
    u trolling? orr event: 380 low lvl zone 0-15: 240 so you get 63 percentage of a orr event...

say you are lv 30 and roaming in a lv 20 zone.
    what`s the rush to get lv 30 gear? you should have no issue killing the lv 20 mobs.
    When you get to the lv 30 zone, you can be 35 let`s say. so again gear will not matter much.

u trolling? orr event: 380 low lvl zone 0-15: 240 so you get 63 percentage of a orr event...
    Um, what? You pretty clearly don't get 380 xp from an Orr event.

Um, what? You pretty clearly don't get 380 xp from an Orr event.
    The numbers he used were karma, but the other rewards should have similar ratios

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

Xp and Karma are rewarded based on participation and level of event. If you did an ordinary chain event with lowest participation in a low level zone compared to a meta event in Orr with the highest participation, you might see that kind of spread.

When you compare apples to apples though, it's not that big of a deal. I've got 185k karma and barely set foot in Orr.
    Who knows more of gods than I? Horse gods and fire gods, gods made of gold with gemstone eyes, gods carved of cedar wood, gods chiseled into mountains, gods of empty air... I know them all.

Xp and Karma are rewarded based on participation and level of event. If you did an ordinary chain event with lowest participation in a low level zone compared to a meta event in Orr with the highest participation, you might see that kind of spread.
    No, you get rewards based on the level of the event, then multiplied by the value of whatever medal you get (100% gold, 85% silver, 75% bronze).

You absolutely will get much less of a reward from a low level event than a high level one. We've been over this in like 10 threads already.

There is a floor to how low an effective level an event will be for a given character, and that's 30 levels below your current level. Thus, a level 80 doing a level 15 event will get rewards as if it were a level 50 event, which results in a gain of 3,675xp versus a gain of 17,780xp for a level 80 event. (Or, about 20% of a level 80 event. I guess I was off)

Karma scales in a similar manner, though not the same way. A level 15 event for a level 80 character (again, effectively a level 50 event, then) should give 243 karma, versus 378 for a level 80 event. (Or, about 64% of a level 80 event. Much more forgiving, clearly, but still significantly less in the long run.)
    Last edited by Bovinity Divinity; 2012-10-18 at 07:39 PM.

That's what I said. Your level of participation determines the medal you recieve.
    Last edited by Karizee; 2012-10-18 at 07:47 PM.

That's what I said. Your level of participation determines the medal you recieve.
    That is very clearly NOT what you were trying to imply with this post:

If you did an ordinary chain event with lowest participation in a low level zone compared to a meta event in Orr with the highest participation, you might see that kind of spread.
    Either you worded it poorly, or it's flat out not saying the same thing whatsoever. That post sounds an awful lot like trying to imply that you'd only see "that kind of spread" under a collection of conditions, not simply because it's a lower level event.

No, you get rewards based on the level of the event, then multiplied by the value of whatever medal you get (100% gold, 85% silver, 75% bronze).

This guy is not at max level. He's talking about during the leveling process, the difference between a 25-30 zone and a 30-40 zone is not that great.

This guy is not at max level. He's talking about during the leveling process, the difference between a 25-30 zone and a 30-40 zone is not that great.
    The gap between 25 and 40 (granted, the most extreme gap in those ranges) is about 50% xp gain. So yes, it'd be pretty significant.

The gap between something closer to the middle...say, 30-35 is still about 75% xp gained. Still pretty significant if the question is, "Which is more efficient?"

The most efficient way to level? Buy gold, use gold to buy crafting mats, craft all of your disciplines to max, then you are level 80. You could probably do this in a day or less.