Poll: Are you enjoying the "Endgame"?

Page 1 of 43
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Are you enjoying the endgame?

This is coming from a guy that had a boner every time I logged in. Once I hit 80, nearing map completion I'm getting really bored with the game. I thought the explorable modes were going to keep me busy for quite some time. But they aren't even hard, just annoying, buggy and sometimes longer than they should be. There is no real reward to keep running them other than the 20 (or 30 for daily) tokens. And having to run them over 60 times just to get the full set kind of sucks. It's right in your face grind when it comes to gear. Either farming karma or farming dungeons. DE's are becoming repetitive as well, and Orr is a zergfest. I have never had that much fun leveling up before, but now that I'm 80..everything is quite ehh.
    Speaking of map completion, it becomes a bit expensive since the waypoint prices dont scale down for lower levels. Wayy too overpriced imo, considering gold isn't that easy to come by. A shitty goldsink.

Also I'm not much of a pvper, I love pve. The pvp is alright but it's not really my thing. It's kind of disappointing considering Anet said this game was going to be based around not only pvp like GW1, but pve heavy as well. Seems like the pvp is where the focus is at level 80.

I believe Anet should really take a long hard look at their current pve model. Dungeon wise. Fix those bugs and maybe change a few things around, how many tokens needed for gear. Or the time it takes to do certain dungeons like Arah. As of right now The citadel of flame seems to be the welfare dungeon. 15-20 mins for a full run. Things are just..out of whack so it seems.

Anyone else have any thoughts, agree or disagree with me? Why or why not.
    Please explain, don't just say yes or no. Would like to have a nice discussion about this.
    Last edited by Beefsquatch; 2012-09-13 at 11:41 PM.

Then maybe this game isn't what you want it to be. As of right now the main endgame aspect in the game is PvP, there's no denying that. I also prefer PvE over PvP, but there's plenty of other games that has the PvE I like so why don't play them all at once?

Deleted
    I'll tell you when i get there.....at this pace it should be between Xmas and Easter more or less....

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say yes to the poll, however, if WvWvW queues don't speed up it'll become a no for me.
    Last edited by Abstieg; 2012-09-14 at 11:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Abstieg View Post
    I'd say no, however, if WvWvW queues don't speed up it'll become a yes for me.
    No you're not enjoying it, but with slower queues yes you will be enjoying it? =P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kliffharry View Post
    Then maybe this game isn't what you want it to be. As of right now the main endgame aspect in the game is PvP, there's no denying that. I also prefer PvE over PvP, but there's plenty of other games that has the PvE I like so why don't play them all at once?
    Oh yeah of course I could go out and just play another game for its PvE, but considering this is an mmo and Anet said things would be different...I thought things would be different. Lol. I took a look at the GW2 forums and it seems it's flooded with threads with like minded concerns to mine so maybe Anet will take them into consideration and change/fix what needs to be fixed. It really isn't a bad model it's just things suck right now with how dungeons work and the pure grind fest associated with them.

I'd say no, however, if WvWvW queues don't speed up it'll become a yes for me.
    I have the feeling you didn't read the poll question. Yes means you are enjoying the endgame, no means..you're not =P.

I need to try my hand in sPvP before I give a final answer, but I hate WvWvW. It might be good fun if you're part of a strong group running around, but if you aren't, prepare to suffer due to the lack of mounts, huge zone, and no teleport points. Spending 5 minutes running trying to find action only to find 5 people roaming around to kick my ass only to return to the very beginning of the zone turned me off of it pretty fast. I also find Orr to be a rather large disappointment, but I went over that in the specific Orr thread.

Deleted
    Nice trolling attempt at the title versus the question in the poll. Really nice bait, 8/10. I wonder how many people didn't read the question asked in the poll and just voted based off the title of the topic...

10+ Year Old Account
    Sigh. Early morning and reversing the questions is mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Swiped View Post
    Nice trolling attempt at the title versus the question in the poll. Really nice bait, 8/10. I wonder how many people didn't read the question asked in the poll and just voted based off the title of the topic...
    Yes. Those poor people who thought "Endgame is quite lackluster..." was a question getting tricked to vote on that statement.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    the endgame for me is pvp, since that was one of their main selling points (at least in my mind) was. WvW and spvp are engaging and fun for me

PvP endgame - yes
    PvE endgame - hell no
    "Loss of blood... My only weakness!"
    ~ Warlord Khan, Magicka

Anyway, if you don't already see where I'm going with this, allow me to spell it out: the only meaningful MMORPG "endgame" -- i.e., something novel to do after the progression process is over -- is that of the sandbox.

Deleted
    I feel like an idiot, but my mind is weary. Is that Hayley Williams?

OT: endgame is ... non-existent from what I experienced.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swiped View Post
    You must be a special kind of stupid to assume I'm trolling. Thread title was not a question.
    Please, go take your crap elsewhere.

I didnt reverse questions, title wasn't a question. But I understand the mistake XD.

Quote Originally Posted by Clarissaxoxo View Post
    I feel like an idiot, but my mind is weary. Is that Hayley Williams?

OT: endgame is ... non-existent from what I experienced.
    I googled her name and that pic came up, so it seems it is. Wow though, she's pretty hot.
    Last edited by Beefsquatch; 2012-09-14 at 12:02 PM.

The PVP is a Yes but the PVE is a big no

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Asseymcgee View Post
    I googled her name and that pic came up, so it seems it is. Wow though, she's pretty hot.
    She's really pretty, yeah. I think Karen Gillan is prettier. I think red hair in general makes a woman look very pretty and classy.

And this is why the game doesnt have a sub. So that when you get bored u can stop playing and when they add more content and events you can come back till u get bored again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clarissaxoxo View Post
    She's really pretty, yeah. I think Karen Gillan is prettier. I think red hair in general makes a woman look very pretty and classy.
    I agree with you on that. Or maybe I just have a thing for redheads
    I think the reason Karen Gillian looks prettier is because she looks a little more classy. Hayley is a rocker so she has that punk look. Regardless, both are very attractive women.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    And this is why the game doesnt have a sub. So that when you get bored u can stop playing and when they add more content and events you can come back till u get bored again.
    I remember Anet saying they wanted to be the best mmo out there. I don't think that will happen if thats what they are going for.
    Last edited by Beefsquatch; 2012-09-14 at 12:13 PM.

So far, yes.

One of the reasons GW2 peaked my interests was the different approach to endgame. If I wanted the classic endgame model I'd play some other MMO.

Edit: Also saw this today https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/t..._source=client
    Last edited by Dezerte; 2012-09-14 at 12:42 PM.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

10+ Year Old Account
    not gotten there yet but if wvw queues bother you so much change your server its still free ya know..