Poll: Are you enjoying the "Endgame"?

Page 3 of 43 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Charecters View Post
    PvP isn't endgame in GW2, you can do it at any level...
    Just because you can do it at any level doesn't mean it isn't part of the endgame.

I'm having fun, dungeons are a real challenge (except for CoF which I totally agree with you on lol) and Orr events are fun and interactive. The final zones actually bring people together in ways that few MMOs have done.

---------- Post added 2012-09-14 at 11:41 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Abstieg View Post
    Just because you can do it at any level doesn't mean it isn't part of the endgame.
    This is true, endgame = stuff you can do at level 80. That literally means the entire game is endgame due to scaling lol.

Deleted
    Endgame isn't lackluster.

It has to actually exist to be lackluster.

Deleted
    Oh yeah of course I could go out and just play another game for its PvE, but considering this is an mmo and Anet said things would be different...I thought things would be different. Lol. I took a look at the GW2 forums and it seems it's flooded with threads with like minded concerns to mine so maybe Anet will take them into consideration and change/fix what needs to be fixed. It really isn't a bad model it's just things suck right now with how dungeons work and the pure grind fest associated with them.
    you sir made my day. oh all the joy of people claiming 'GW2 will end WoW' etc, not knowing what kind of game GW actually was compared to other mmo's.... i have never played GW and never intended to but even i know that there is no real endgame especially pve in GW2..... all these people and you should probably do a bit of research before you buy a game and expect it something to be that it's clearly not.... in case you are too lazy to do that ill tell you what i know without even doing the same: GW is heavily focused on the leveling experience and pvp. the first part of that should tell you already it's not focused on endgame. ty and good day

just as an edit in case you do play diablo3: it is NOT an mmo either, just so you dont have to complain about that too

So... when you people doing raid for Cathedral in Orr? Cause Im yet to beat it and random amount of 10-15 people isnt enough... Oh snap!
    Time to ask guildies and beat that Open Raid thing...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wahotana View Post
    you sir made my day. oh all the joy of people claiming 'GW2 will end WoW' etc, not knowing what kind of game GW actually was compared to other mmo's.... i have never played GW and never intended to but even i know that there is no real endgame especially pve in GW2..... all these people and you should probably do a bit of research before you buy a game and expect it something to be that it's clearly not.... in case you are too lazy to do that ill tell you what i know without even doing the same: GW is heavily focused on the leveling experience and pvp. the first part of that should tell you already it's not focused on endgame. ty and good day

just as an edit in case you do play diablo3: it is NOT an mmo either, just so you dont have to complain about that too
    I did as much research as possible about the game. From my understanding, for pve, dungeons and Orr would be the "endgame". As it stands right now, they are pretty much zergfests or kitting the boss around while he one shots you and you run back from the waypoint and just throw more bodies at him till he dies. That's my problem, it's badly designed. Not to mention that it's extremely grindy to get some tokens, and the repairs...oh god. You die so much in explorable modes, the costs are ridiculous. It's a quite a few things that Anet needs to improve and fix before there can actually be a proper endgame pve environment. About Orr, I hear it sucks dick going in there by yourself. And since the game is kind of anti social in the sense that it's hard to make friends. You know, because you're forced to play together as is...no need to really interact with other people. Another problem me thinks that should be looked at. But whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Fixed thread title so it looks less trolly.

OT: Eh. I played Guild Wars 1 for years. I know the exact style of game Arena.net makes and got exactly what I was expecting out of the sequel. None of the 4+1 Guild Wars games have an endgame in the popular sense. That expectation is either borrowed or marketing.

Also about the thread title, it was A LOT less confusing before. Now it really seems like I am trolling. If you (or another mod) can either change it back or to something that matches the poll question...would be nice.
    Last edited by Beefsquatch; 2012-09-14 at 04:32 PM.

Deleted
    I really don't understand the complaints about endgame. I read up on the game before I bought it, I feel like I've gotten what was advertised. Do people buy the game thinking there's going to be something (like raids) at the end, and then get disappointed when there's not or am I missing something?

There is more than enough endgame to keep me entertained for quite a long time, I'd be shocked if I'd completed everything I want to complete in under 6 months. I have hundreds of hours on my character already and I've only completed I think, 8 explorable paths and I'm only at 68% world completion. I'm going to get a LOT of hours of fun out of doing every path of every dungeon and thats without the plenty of other things to do (I'm just focusing on my favourite thing there.)

But most importantly, I feel like what was advertised was fair and accurate and so I really just don't get how people can buy a game and then level to 80 and say oh there's no endgame - if you don't like the features available I'm intrigued as to exactly what else people were expecting.

I did as much research as possible about the game. From my understanding, for pve, dungeons would be the "endgame". As it stands right now, they are pretty much zergfests or kitting the boss around while he one shots you and you run back from the waypoint and just throw more bodies at him till he dies. That's my problem, it's badly designed. Not to mention that it's extremely grindy to get some tokens, and the repairs...oh god. You die so much in explorable modes, the costs are ridiculous. It's a quite a few things that Anet needs to improve and fix before there can actually be a proper endgame pve environment.
    It's bizarre that your experience is so different to mine. I've found explorable modes challenging but by no means impossible and definitely not zergfests or graveyard runs when done correctly. The costs are not ridiculous, I have plenty of gold and haven't struggled at any point with it despite helping out a lot of friends with gear and money. Try finding a guild and going in with a proper team, perhaps you are just getting very unlucky with your pugs - but I've even pugged explorables without major problems.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is no real reward to keep running them other than the 20 (or 30 for daily) tokens.
    I hate to be the "play for fun" guy, but what makes you think you should be rewarded for playing a game you enjoy? If you don't enjoy, why the heck were you playing, at the first place?

You die so much in explorable modes...
    There's your reward: player skill. You'll stop dying when you learn the bosses rather than "zergfest" them.
    Last edited by Hraklea; 2012-09-14 at 05:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tip: If you didn't enjoy leveling, you won't enjoy endgame.

---------- Post added 2012-09-14 at 12:14 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    There is more than enough endgame to keep me entertained for quite a long time, I'd be shocked if I'd completed everything I want to complete in under 6 months. I have hundreds of hours on my character already and I've only completed I think, 8 explorable paths and I'm only at 68% world completion. I'm going to get a LOT of hours of fun out of doing every path of every dungeon and thats without the plenty of other things to do (I'm just focusing on my favourite thing there.)

But most importantly, I feel like what was advertised was fair and accurate and so I really just don't get how people can buy a game and then level to 80 and say oh there's no endgame - if you don't like the features available I'm intrigued as to exactly what else people were expecting.
    Fully agree with this bit. Especially the bolded portion, in regards to my plans for alts. I plan to one day have 15 maxed-out characters, and that's just for now. That might change when I actually hit that goal, or if new races/professions/story options are released.

In WoW, it would take me 10 weeks to get 10 max level characters. It would take me significantly longer to gear them all out in raid gear, of course. However, near the end of my WoW career, I just... couldn't enjoy raiding enough to actually raid on each and every alt (and I only had 5 max level characters). I got burned out. And the difference between raiding as Enhancement and raiding as Subtlety just wasn't pronounced enough for me to enjoy doing both.

So what I did instead this last tier, is look for gear that made them aesthetically appealing. For my Disc Priest, I ran the new 5-mans until I collected a "matching set" of the white-colored cloth gear. So I could cultivate a White Mage look!
    For my freshly-85 Belf Paladin, I tried to cultivate something of a more sinister (and less "holy") blood knight look, which required me to dig around through tons of old Wrath 5-mans for some of the evil-looking plate sets in there.
    Don't remember what I did for my Druid, but Tmog played prominently all around.

So, in a way, I was already enjoying the GW2 gameplay before it actually came out.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-09-14 at 05:50 PM.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

I got to level 80 and I haven't even cracked the final 2 zones (Malchor's Leap and Cursed Shore) yet, which are supposed to be some of the most epic PvE events and raid-style areas in the entire game. Plus I'm only at ~50% world completion and I haven't done ANY dungeons except AC yet. There is just so much to do that this point it is mind boggling.

If you're the kind of person who gets bored as soon as you realize the numbers you throw at enemies don't get any bigger, you need to learn to have fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hraklea View Post
    I hate to be the "play for fun" guy, but what makes you think you should be rewarded for playing a game you enjoy? If you don't enjoy, why the heck were you playing, at the first place?

There's your reward: player skill. You'll stop dying when you learn the bosses rather than "zergfest" them.
    1. Running a dungeon over 60 times in order to get a full set is NOT my definition of fun. It is grindy, tedious, and annoying.
    2. No, you haven't been in some of the explorable modes if you're saying this. It has nothing to do with "player skill". Mobs 1-2 shot you from regular hits, not even special attacks and aoe's. Where does player skill fit into that?

Quote Originally Posted by Artorias View Post
    I got to level 80 and I haven't even cracked the final 2 zones (Malchor's Leap and Cursed Shore) yet, which are supposed to be some of the most epic PvE events and raid-style areas in the entire game. Plus I'm only at ~50% world completion and I haven't done ANY dungeons except AC yet. There is just so much to do that this point it is mind boggling.

If you're the kind of person who gets bored as soon as you realize the numbers you throw at enemies don't get any bigger, you need to learn to have fun.
    Uhhh who said I was bored because theres no gear treadmill or because my deeps doesn't increase? I was stating how lackluster the endgame is after you finish map completion. GW2 is an extremely fun game, it just lacks a proper pve endgame. That is my argument. The dungeons, suck at the moment. Go do some explorable modes and then come back and contribute.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asseymcgee View Post
    Uhhh who said I was bored because theres no gear treadmill or because my deeps doesn't increase? I was stating how lackluster the endgame is after you finish map completion. GW2 is an extremely fun game, it just lacks a proper pve endgame. That is my argument. The dungeons, suck at the moment. Go do some explorable modes and then come back and contribute.
    Everything you did while leveling?

That's the endgame.

I will agree it's not challenging/difficult enough, and that they need to try to make DEs everywhere fail more often/harder to beat, but that doesn't change the fact of what the endgame is.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-09-14 at 06:14 PM.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Deleted
    Considering as a thief I could generally solo 4-7 mobs on my own, I'd be inclined to ask for DEs (where you're with 5-10 other people) to have hoards of 50-100 mobs attacking you. Granted it becomes an AoE-extravaganza, but it should make it more difficult. At the moment it's just la la la la afk~.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerdpride View Post
    80 Things to Do At Level 80

Complete your personal story
    Defeat Zhaitan
    Unlock all available skills for your profession / race
    Raise your crafting disciplines to skill level 400
    Earn enough gold to purchase a racial armor set
    Earn enough karma to purchase an exotic armor set
    Play through all dungeons in story mode
    Complete all dungeons in explorable mode
    Complete all 33 possible explorable mode dungeon paths
    Earn enough dungeon tokens to purchase a set of armor
    Collect a set of armor from each dungeon in the game
    Start a petition to make the Undead Orrian Chicken a new necro minion
    Earn enough karma to purchase a racial weapon
    Craft an exotic weapon for your character
    Craft an exotic armor set for your character
    Purchase a Dragon’s Deep weapon
    Earn all possible PvE titles
    Experiment with new builds for your profession
    Discover all possible recipes for your crafting disciplines
    Master all crafting disciplines
    Experiment with the Mystic Forge
    Create a Mystic weapon in the Mystic Forge
    Craft a legendary weapon in the Mystic Forge
    Explore all areas in the game
    Find and use a vial of black dye
    Find a vial of black dye and give it to a friend
    Create or purchase a full set of 20 slot bags
    Give Logan a wedgie
    Participate in the Norn Keg Brawl
    Unlock all Keg Brawl achievements
    Create a new character to experience a different profession / race
    Participate in structured PvP
    Raise your sPvP rank
    Achieve the rank of Ascendant in sPvP
    Complete your favorite sPvP cosmetic armor set
    Collect new cosmetic weapon skins for sPvP
    Unlock all possible cosmetic weapon and armor skins in sPvP
    Earn all sPvP titles
    Find and complete all 31 jumping puzzles
    Complete the current Monthly achievements
    Help your guild earn influence to unlock additional perks
    Outrun a centaur
    Charm all possible pets as a Ranger
    Create an all-ranger guild called Team Rocket, lose constantly in sPvP
    Collect all 101 types of cooking materials
    Fill every collection slot in the bank with at least one item
    Participate in World versus World
    Help your world win in WvW
    Defeat enough enemy players in WvW to complete the medal
    Complete the awesome Yakslapper achievement in WvW
    Complete all WvW achievements
    Build and use all siege weapon types in WvW
    Earn all possible WvW Titles
    Play the organ in Caledon forest, and party with the Quaggan
    Earn enough gold to purchase a Commander Tome
    Visit the monument to Killeen and pay your respects
    Defeat the Shatterer
    Defeat the Claw of Jormag
    Defeat Tequatl the Sunless
    Add new friends to your friend’s list
    Organize an in-game event for your guild
    Complete every map in the game
    Participate in meta events
    Discover and participate in new dynamic events
    Collect stacks of butter and butter prank your friends
    Learn the ins and outs of the Trading Post
    Get rich selling Globs of Ectoplasm
    Buy a Box o’ Fun and throw a party in Lion’s Arch
    Complete an armor set for your character’s Order
    Read all of the books in Divinity's Reach
    Read the story of how Ebonhawke was founded
    Complete all possible weapon achievements for your character
    Defeat the Champion of Grenth and purchase the exotic armor set
    Write about your level 80 experience, have it published on GW2Hub
    Purchase a set of armor from the guild armorsmith
    Purchase a set of weapons from the guild weaponsmith
    Complete all Slayer achievements
    Complete the Lifetime Survivor achievement
    Go skydiving in Arah after defeating Zhaitan
    Have fun!

http://guildwars2hub.com/features/ed...gs-do-level-80
    That's an inflated list since 95% on it is rather pointless to do since my char aren't getting stronger or anything. A list like that will only appeal to a completionist which this game seems to be made for and for players who wan't to progress their char there isn't much to do.

It's like saying "have you killed all the rabbits in the game, no, then you have lots do"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Infinitus View Post
    rather pointless to do since my char aren't getting stronger or anything
    Your character doesn't have to get stronger in order for it to be worth doing. Or else Challenge mode in WoW will be a HUGE flop, and MoP won't change a damn thing.

It's fine if you care about that, and only that, but that's not what this game is for.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes, it does not involve me sitting in a city looking for things do it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Your character doesn't have to get stronger in order for it to be worth doing. Or else Challenge mode in WoW will be a HUGE flop, and MoP won't change a damn thing.

It's fine if you care about that, and only that, but that's not what this game is for.
    Provides unique transmog gear, and of course Challenge Modes will have a region/worldwide leader board and Blizzard have said that people who are top will win vanity items. That's pretty cool if you ask me.

The point is that list - almost all of it - has no substance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clarissaxoxo View Post
    Provides unique transmog gear, and of course Challenge Modes will have a region/worldwide leader board and Blizzard have said that people who are top will win vanity items. That's pretty cool if you ask me.

It all has no substance because it's cosmetic? Is that what you're driving at?

That doesn't logically fit with what you said about Challenge Modes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulgrym View Post
    Lackluster? Not if you PvP, that's always been the strength of this franchise.

The leveling was just icing on the cake and a pleasant surprise for me (although I did encounter a lot of bugged DEs in the higher level zones).
    PvP was fun the first week when the whole WvWvW was a completely new experience for me but once I realized that it was only one big zergfest with no rewards either personal or for your server then what's the point running around in there for hours? There is no way to see if you personally affect things whatsoever so it's basically a running game back and forth between the zergs where not many people actually die and 90% of the time in there consists of running from A to B and back again. The extreme waiting times to even get in there doesn't help either. Once you get to 80 it's already old.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clarissaxoxo View Post

You completely contradict yourself here.