Poll: Are you enjoying the "Endgame"?

Page 8 of 43 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    For Pete's sake, that is the silliest thing that people keep chanting. "Durr, the endgame starts at level 2, because you can go around and quest!!! Derp!"
    What do you intend to do when you're at max level? Structured PvP? You can do that at level 2. W^3? You can do that at level 2. Jumping puzzles? Again, level 2. Exploration? You guessed it, level 2. Granted you'll need a couple of levels before you can efficiently participate in world events and dungeons, but those, too, can be experienced at level 2, when the world opens up to you.

I don't care that you or anyone else doesn't like it, that's how the game was designed. There is no obligation to grind experience, to level up, to grind instances, to grind points, to gear up, before having fun with the game. It's designed to BE fun as supposed to LEAD to fun.

But of course, "durr, endgame cant be anything but raiding at level 80, because that's what endgame is in every other game!!! Derp!"

Deleted
    Except that's true in other MMO's, too.
    Name them, and in which way each of the above-mentioned are implemented just as good or better.

And more, actually, you're just choosing to ignore a lot of facets for the sake of your argument. (ex. You can't even do dungeons until level 30 in GW2, and at level 2 in WvW you're really, really gimped)
    Really? I say, really?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jigain View Post
    Granted you'll need a couple of levels before you can efficiently participate in world events and dungeons, but those, too, can be experienced at level 2, when the world opens up to you.
    Actually, here, let me make it bold for you.
    Granted you'll need a couple of levels before you can efficiently participate in world events and dungeons
    Yes, I am certainly ignoring everything regarding having to level before doing dungeons.

Finally, I'm kicking the ass of some level 80 characters with my freshly created ones, so provide some manner of proof that level 2 characters can't be as good as level 80 characters in W^3.

You guys really need something better that these tired old strawmen. No one said anything about level 80 or how other games do it. The simple fact is that GW2 chose to not include any honestly challenging, complex, involved, content at level 80 or level 2. That's a lack of content, whether you want to call it "endgame" or not, and chanting the marketing hype about how the game starts at level 2 doesn't change that.
    That's cute, considering the strawman you used. "Durr, the endgame starts at level 2, because you can go around and quest", wasn't it? Yes, questing sure was the only thing I mentioned...
    We've got a saying here in Sweden, not sure if you have it where you live, but it roughly translates into "don't throw rocks in a glass house".

Didnt read the thread, im sure its full of typical trash as usual.

I just wanted to throw out there for some people, give WvWvW a shot, even if you dont really care much for PvP, its honestly more like some kind of outdoor raid than real one on one PvP, you can even pretend all those red names are just really hard NPCs since they all are named <realm> invader.

Quote Originally Posted by Jigain View Post
    Really? I say, really?
    If you have an 80, or just a high level character with good gear, look at it's stats in WvW. Make a new character, same class and check the stats, you'll see you are gimped.

You are beating bad level 80 players, though WvW is mostly a large zerg and no skill required.

The BGs on the other hand, being level 2 makes no difference to your stats.

End game does not start at level 2, you could argue it does for PVP, but for PVE it does not.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_ View Post
    This reminds me of SWTOR.

At launch "Do you want proper end game? This game is not for you."

Now: "Where is everyone?"
    Except SWTOR idea for "endgame" was to copy WoW model. And it still is. It dint worked out very well becouse this game had other fundamental issues and also the raiding content at release was a bit bugged. But now when you look at SWTOR, the idea of gameplay at "endgame" is to more or less do same things as in WoW. Make your daily quests, do 2-3 raids per week to obtain loot from bosses. Wait for another patch with new raid, start grinding another tier of gear. In GW2 the idea for "endgame" is different. You may like this idea or not, its your right. But analogy with SWTOR is a missed one.

10+ Year Old Account
    just got to 80 and tbh i have no idea what to do now theres the personal story which is meh and as an ele its painfully hard
    theres completing all the maps which takes awile and id ahve to do it all over again on an alt which i cba to do
    and then theres dungeons which i cant stand dying 8 billion times to get some shitty drop i cant even use

and pvp is the same as the last 79 levels so screw that

---------- Post added 2012-09-17 at 03:40 PM ----------

Create an all-ranger guild called Team Rocket, lose constantly in sPvP

lol love it

Quote Originally Posted by Achaman View Post
    just got to 80 and tbh i have no idea what to do now theres the personal story which is meh and as an ele its painfully hard
    Fair enough

theres completing all the maps which takes awile and id ahve to do it all over again on an alt which i cba to do
    So there is something to do but you "cba to do it". And then I assume you claim there is nothing to do. OK

and then theres dungeons which i cant stand dying 8 billion times to get some shitty drop i cant even use
    Doing explorables will often kill you several times but its really not that bad as some people claim. I did some explos already and its all perfectly doable. Just need a bit more different approach than dungeons from other games. Survival and patience will win you a day. I had two friends that tried to run a dungeon with me with "best dps" spec, something that you would find natural in games like WoW. They already learned that it does not work like that in GW2. No enrage timers means you can take your time while fighting bosses. Kite, LoS, take your time. In WoW you cant reduce incoming damage if a mob that chases you has same running speed or faster (which is usually the case). Here you reduce incoming damage by A LOT by simply moving while mob is targeting you. You may even run out of combat and regen during a boss fight. If you see things are going donwhill, just run with everyone away until mobs reset and try again. I enjoy the more demanding explorables from zerg-fest storyline mode.

and pvp is the same as the last 79 levels so screw that
    Why is this bad?

Create an all-ranger guild called Team Rocket, lose constantly in sPvP

lol love it
    Well. If you are loosing constantly someone else is winning constantly. Sort of.
    Last edited by Awe; 2012-09-17 at 02:10 PM.

I voted yes if you mean endgame to be WvWvW and sPvP, the pve got rather boring awhile ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    PvP, Hell yes. Cant stop playing it.

PvE, No. One of the worst PvE endgames I've seen released in an MMO in the past 10 years.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Still working my way up slowly, but I knew going into this that endgame is mostly PvP. As more of a PvE'er, that means I'm assuming once I finish map completion and do the dungeons a couple times, I'll be heading back to one of the traditional type MMOs until they release new content in GW2. Really, I'm not sure how anyone who read up on GW2 beforehand would have expected to be entertained in the same consistent way by PvE at endgame as in one of the subscription MMOs. It doesn't look like Anet was even trying to capture that market segment going into this so it's hard to fault them for the PvE not being as good as they weren't even intending to make it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowlga View Post
    Still working my way up slowly, but I knew going into this that endgame is mostly PvP. As more of a PvE'er, that means I'm assuming once I finish map completion and do the dungeons a couple times, I'll be heading back to one of the traditional type MMOs until they release new content in GW2. Really, I'm not sure how anyone who read up on GW2 beforehand would have expected to be entertained in the same consistent way by PvE at endgame as in one of the subscription MMOs. It doesn't look like Anet was even trying to capture that market segment going into this so it's hard to fault them for the PvE not being as good as they weren't even intending to make it.
    I think people who enjoy the dungeons will be pleasantly surprised, I know I was. You say "do the dungeons a couple of times", but you understand that there are 8 story modes, and then each story mode has an additional 3 (I heard someone say 4 for Arah but I haven't verified?) so at the least you've got another 24 dungeon paths on top of your original 8, and these are actually totally different bosses, not just the same bosses with a slightly harder mechanic, they have cut scenes and story lines of their own.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    I think people who enjoy the dungeons will be pleasantly surprised, I know I was. You say "do the dungeons a couple of times", but you understand that there are 8 story modes, and then each story mode has an additional 3 (I heard someone say 4 for Arah but I haven't verified?) so at the least you've got another 24 dungeon paths on top of your original 8, and these are actually totally different bosses, not just the same bosses with a slightly harder mechanic, they have cut scenes and story lines of their own.
    You can see it on the achievements tab.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven?

Level 80
    162 hours played.

Got to 80 in about 70 hours.
    So, everything after 80 is end-game, right ?

Yeah, i'm enjoying
    A lot!
    English is not my first language, feel free to point out any mistake so i can keep learning.

I'll let you know when I get past all the dam bugged zones 50+ and up. Encountered 7 bugged heart events/DE in a row, said "screw it" and logged for the night.

I played the beta extensively, so I knew what I was getting myself into. PvE in this game is atrocious, but I told myself that its all worth it for the PvP aspect. And its not bad, I can play for an hour or two a night (when I can get into WvW that is) and get my jollies out, I guess.

Generally, though, I see GW2 as a perfect timesink until MOP is out and my $60 donation to Anet as a little insurance policy toward making sure that mmorpg genre doesn't completely stagnate and die. After all, if the GW2 failed financially, it would be quite a blow to devs down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashnazg View Post
    I played the beta extensively, so I knew what I was getting myself into. PvE in this game is atrocious, but I told myself that its all worth it for the PvP aspect. And its not bad, I can play for an hour or two a night (when I can get into WvW that is) and get my jollies out, I guess.

Generally, though, I see GW2 as a perfect timesink until MOP is out and my $60 donation to Anet as a little insurance policy toward making sure that mmorpg genre doesn't completely stagnate and die. After all, if the GW2 failed financially, it would be quite a blow to devs down the road.
    D'aww, aren't you just the sweetest little poster, donating to a game that quite obviously would have failed without handouts.

There's that, too. Once you hit level 50 or somewhere close to there, the number of bugged events and such that you run into goes up significantly. Blazeridge Steppes started the trend, and then after that I spent probably an hour in Iron Reaches last night just trying to find an event that worked. =(
    It's not just DEs. There's a bunch of skillpoints that are bugged. Super annoying when I'm 99% exploration completed.

I got my Elementalist to 80 and stopped playing it. With no progression left, I just don't feel the drive to play it much.

I'm enjoying playing a different class now though. And WvW is fun, if somewhat pointless feeling.
    ~ flarecde
    Reality is nothing; Perception is everything.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerion View Post
    It's not just DEs. There's a bunch of skillpoints that are bugged. Super annoying when I'm 99% exploration completed.
    Have you tried server hopping? Bit of a pain but it's a useable workaround since they're not bugged on all servers so you can just switch until you find one that's not bugged.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    Have you tried server hopping? Bit of a pain but it's a useable workaround since they're not bugged on all servers so you can just switch until you find one that's not bugged.
    I transferred at least 10 times. All of them were bugged.