Poll: Are you enjoying the "Endgame"?

Page 29 of 43 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I have two types of mates playing this game, the ones who like to play the game without any teammates and prefer to do things by themselves and others that like jumping on Vent and working as a group. The later group are having a blast, joking around helping with storymodes, WvW, questing... this game is far more social than other MMO's because it still rewards you for helping others no matter what level they are.

I feel sorry for those that aren't playing with a group because the enjoyment of the game is 10x better.

I'm saying this in the 'endgame' thread because we are all level 80 and still doing all those things I mentioned. We've also only done 1 dungeon so far and will wait until they have fixed the rewards/tokens and boss fight mechanics before we enter. PLenty to keep us busy til they do.

Deleted
    In my opinion, not at all, i'm really bored atm

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel sorry for those that aren't playing with a group because the enjoyment of the game is 10x better.
    Honestly, I think that's true for any MMO out there. Whether AION, WoW, GW2 or TERA I always found them relatively boring when playing on my own.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Honestly, I think that's true for any MMO out there. Whether AION, WoW, GW2 or TERA I always found them relatively boring when playing on my own.
    Hell it's true for any game as long as everyone is enjoying it.

Deleted
    Yes I am, I'm enjoying it alot, I love the fact I can log in at any time and not feel forced to complete something (dailies) either I level a new toon or I'm finishing another zone for my 80 toon and possibly run the dungeon in said zone as I basically missed them while leveling up and I actually like them quite alot I say actually since many seem not to here, I can't say I find them to be all that hard either even though I have just done random pugs although admittedly I'm only playing story modes now, I would say they are a little uneven though most of the dungeons have you moving alot forcing you to pay constant attention wich I like then all of a sudden it's like they put in a boss that barely moves so you can have a breather, perhaps it's intentional and perhaps it's actually a good thing to do it that way but I think if a boss can be downed without having to move a single time something needs to be added to his mechanics.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I remember my UT/2003/4 LANs most intense gaming moments of my life. So much fun

Quote Originally Posted by Silenteyes View Post
    100% agree with you, the dungeons are some of the worst i've played and it's a shame to day how much i enjoyed levelling, i enjoyed completing the map, i enjoy pvp but i cannot stand the state of the dungeons at the minute.
    I totally agree with this and feel the same way

Quote Originally Posted by Gerion View Post
    Too bad "NO" is ahead for GW2 huh. If over 50% of the players are not enjoying the end game, maybe Arenanet should make a few changes afterall.

The biggest thing is just long-term goals. They don't need raids, but they do need something. There's a few things, but there's not a good reason. Grinding legendaries is fine and all, but what do you do with them if it's not to defeat an ultimate big bad? It would be neat to see them add something reminiscent of FFXI's missions. Basically a group storyline that is really effing hard. People need to gear for it, get good, be on their toes, use consumables etc to progress. This content is hard. And I don't mean a bit challenging, I mean EFFING HARD. -but it gives lots of other things in the game purpose.

Deleted
    Too bad "NO" is ahead for GW2 huh. If over 50% of the players are not enjoying the end game, maybe Arenanet should make a few changes afterall.
    You cannot possibly use a forum poll on a wow fansite as any sort of evidence to suggest changes should be made though.

Heh, it is true that people need more to do than just grind for cosmetic gear and legendaries. A guildmate of mine is pretty close to getting his legendary (he's stuck now due to bugged events that won't let him purchase necessary ingredients) but he has most of the steps done and has plenty of gold to get what he needs. I asked him what he was going to do once he had the legendary (He was going for the shortbow). He was at a loss. He said, "WvW I guess." but with a bit of trepidation. He knew that the legendary would simply get him killed. A unicorn shaped shortbow that spat out rainbows was basically going to have all his enemies running up that rainbow road right into his face. Doesn't really help him in PVE since he already grinded dungeons a lot to get tokens and he wasn't interested in dungeon gear anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    You cannot possibly use a forum poll on a wow fansite as any sort of evidence to suggest changes should be made though.
    Well I'd use all the other information on this subject except it doesn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    Possibly not. I admit to being a huge fan of this game, but the end game needs some work. I can't tell you how disappointed I was with both the size and layout of Cursed Shore. I thought the final area would be massive and full of interesting events. Its not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    You are aware that most people that play GW2 don't even know about this website?

The arrogance of WoW players cracks me up. They look at those overinflated numbers that Blizzard issues and think they are the only gamers on the planet, that their way of playing is the only way that's legit.

I'm in a huge guild and it only has a sprinkling of people that have played WoW. WoW players aren't going to make or break this game - specifically WoW players that raid aren't going to make or break this game, get over yourselves lol.
    Last edited by Karizee; 2012-09-28 at 01:10 AM.
    Valar morghulis

You know here are a lot of people who dont play wow anymore, too? MMO-C is just a great board, I'm here for some informations, tactics for gw2 & swtor and because generally to get amused ^^

Wildstar Black Ops - loved by strangers

Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    You are aware that most people that play GW2 don't even know about this website?

The arrogance of WoW players cracks me up. They look at those overinflated numbers that Blizzard issues and think they are the only gamers on the planet, that their way of playing is the only way that's legit.

I'm in a huge guild and it only has a sprinkling of people that have played WoW. WoW players aren't going to make or break this game - specifically WoW players that raid aren't going to make or break this game, get over yourselves lol.
    I hope you took notice that the person you're quoting didn't mention WoW even once. In this whole thread. I'm not even sure if s/he played it, ever.
    This whole "grarrr stupid WoW players" thing is getting more and more ludicrous...
    The advantage of the dreamer is that he never has to face the chains of reality.
    Blackhand[EU] - Mistral

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistral View Post
    I hope you took notice that the person you're quoting didn't mention WoW even once. In this whole thread. I'm not even sure if s/he played it, ever.
    This whole "grarrr stupid WoW players" thing is getting more and more ludicrous...
    Don't matter, this is a WoW-centric web site. Majority of people on this web site are here because of WoW. Have you ever tried holding discussions in the LoL forums?

Rarely happens, because anybody who wants to post about LoL, typically does so in the official forums. Same thing with GW2, except this community is actually alive (some of us only heard about GW2 at all because of this sub-forum).

The only advantage to posting in MMOC over those official forums is that you don't need a game account and don't have to have your forum name associated with your game account. Guess what kind of crowd that attracts?
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Deleted

Thing is, I'd welcome a few changes and I haven't played WoW since some time during 4.3 I came back for a month and almost immediately quit again because of the fact it was still as boring as I remembered. I will probably go back for a month or so in a little while to see if anything has changed (Not that it will have changed) and likely quit again.

I like the multi-phase big fights. I like a big group of people fighting something really powerful but you're not slapping a dragon in the face, but instead doing something more sensible (Magmaw: Chaining him down, Rhyolith: Destroying his armour by making him walk into volcanic vents, etc. etc.) before striking. GW2 has shown this but I feel something is missing.

I think it was actually bugged when I did it but Zhaitan story mode was so boring I felt like that epic build up through the story was for fuck all, since I started to feel like a bit of an asshole throwing fireworks at a helpless lizard humping a tower.

Quote Originally Posted by Hjalmtyr View Post
    I think it was actually bugged when I did it but Zhaitan story mode was so boring I felt like that epic build up through the story was for fuck all, since I started to feel like a bit of an asshole throwing fireworks at a helpless lizard humping a tower.
    Considering they've come out and said it's bugged...

OT: I'm enjoying the game. It's a GW game, I knew when I bought it what it was going to be. Yes, some of the bugs are annoying, but, I deal with it.
    Of course, like everyone, I would love to see more content (because, of course, new content is always good), but I haven't even finished the current content (hell, it's only been a month...), and I'd rather bug fixes are higher priority (even if there are multiple teams, there's almost certainly overlap, since developers on the Live Team creating new content likely created [and are thus responsible for, for some magnitude] current content),

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

I think you took your assumptions way too far. This game is way better than WoW. If anything I'm a FFXIV fanboi and well, that's some big hopes and dreams with not a lot of substance yet right there. Doesn't mean GW2 couldn't be better than it is, especially with end-game content. People can like things but still be critical of some aspect, you should try it some time.

Sadly, this thread is what is keeping me from leaving wow and giving GW2 a try. I really wish there was a demo/trial so that I could try it out and not have to spend $60 to see if I'll like it or not.

The game looks sharp though.