1. #2041
    High Overlord Celtic209's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    107
    Quote Originally Posted by Decagon View Post
    Now, I know you're saying that just to see our reactions.

    5 > 2 >= 4 > 3 >= 6 > 1. I don't really understand why, but I really didn't like 6.
    This is also wrong :P

    5 > 4 > 6 > 3 > 2 > > > > > > > > > > 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Danner
    In the last 8 games I have been part of, I have been scum 6 times, a scummy moderator once, and a scum lover once. If we are to extrapolate this, the town should jump all over me to lynch me since lynching me is a good deal 100% of the time!

  2. #2042
    Over 9000! ELYPOP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    London, England.
    Posts
    9,722
    Let's be honest, 6 was horrendously overrated and I literally want to punch every Ewok I see.

  3. #2043
    Bloodsail Admiral Decagon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Unfortunately, Central Utah
    Posts
    1,099
    Quote Originally Posted by ElyPop View Post
    I grew up with 1, 2 and 3.
    I honestly prefer them as a result.
    4, 5 and 6 are great too, but the other three are like.. my childhood.
    2 and 3 are by far my favourite episodes of the lot.
    Ohhh, okay, that's understandable then. I thought you said 1 was your favorite. I grew up mostly with 2 and 5 so I understand how much of an impact that has on perceived impact.

    Quote Originally Posted by Celtic209 View Post
    This is also wrong :P

    5 > 4 > 6 > 3 > 2 > > > > > > > > > > 1
    At least we agree on our number one.

    The movie I always watched when I was sick and wanted to watch Star Wars was always 2, because while we had 4, 5, and 6, using the VCR and rewinding and all that is a pain in the ass. I know that lots of people like 6, but I thought it was awful, maybe I need to have a Star Wars marathon.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by ElyPop View Post
    Let's be honest, 6 was horrendously overrated and I literally want to punch every Ewok I see.
    ^^ Someone gets it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    "And nothing was ever heard from Deca again"

  4. #2044
    High Overlord Celtic209's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    107
    Quote Originally Posted by ElyPop View Post
    Let's be honest, 6 was horrendously overrated and I literally want to punch every Ewok I see.
    And 1 ruined the entire series because I literally wanted to punch Jar Jar the whole movie :P

    I do feel bad for the kid who played anakin (his name escapes me). He got so much abuse for playing Anakin in that movie (which a lot of people hated) that he quit acting and gets angry at the mention of star wars

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by ElyPop View Post
    Let's be honest, 6 was horrendously overrated and I literally want to punch every Ewok I see.
    I dont think it was Overrated. It definitely wasn't the best but id still put it ahead of the prequels (maybe with 3 on par)
    Quote Originally Posted by Danner
    In the last 8 games I have been part of, I have been scum 6 times, a scummy moderator once, and a scum lover once. If we are to extrapolate this, the town should jump all over me to lynch me since lynching me is a good deal 100% of the time!

  5. #2045
    Bloodsail Admiral Decagon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Unfortunately, Central Utah
    Posts
    1,099
    Quote Originally Posted by Celtic209 View Post
    And 1 ruined the entire series because I literally wanted to punch Jar Jar the whole movie :P

    I do feel bad for the kid who played anakin (his name escapes me). He got so much abuse for playing Anakin in that movie (which a lot of people hated) that he quit acting and gets angry at the mention of star wars
    Let's bully young children for playing in a movie that it would be impossible to tell if it was good or bad during it's filming, that'll make everything better and proves we're good people!
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    "And nothing was ever heard from Deca again"

  6. #2046
    Over 9000! ELYPOP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    London, England.
    Posts
    9,722
    Quote Originally Posted by Decagon View Post
    I thought you said 1 was your favorite.
    Ugh no. Anything to do with Jar Jar should be burned. I liked some parts of it (invasion of Naboo, Darth Maul, destruction of the Trade Federation blockade), but on the whole is was pretty eh. Fairly on par with 6 for overall meh-ness.

  7. #2047
    High Overlord listo95's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Manassas, VA
    Posts
    148
    But... I love Jar Jar! He is my favorite all because of the comedic relief!

  8. #2048
    4-6 are awful and just people with rose tinted glasses say they are good. 1-3 were the best, especially because of stuff like this:



    Win and live. Lose and die.
    Rule of life. No change rule.
    Running worse than losing.
    Random casual stuff now


  9. #2049
    Over 9000! ELYPOP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    London, England.
    Posts
    9,722
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    4-6 are awful and just people with rose tinted glasses say they are good. 1-3 were the best, especially because of stuff like this:
    Yes.
    Basically.
    4-6 are seen in such a high regard because it belonged to that generation and everything was better back then.

  10. #2050

  11. #2051
    Quote Originally Posted by ElyPop View Post
    Yes.
    Basically.
    4-6 are seen in such a high regard because it belonged to that generation and everything was better back then.
    Win and live. Lose and die.
    Rule of life. No change rule.
    Running worse than losing.
    Random casual stuff now


  12. #2052
    Field Marshal Krayzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Idaho, PotatoLandUSA
    Posts
    56
    Quote Originally Posted by ElyPop View Post
    Yes.
    Basically.
    4-6 are seen in such a high regard because it belonged to that generation and everything was better back then.
    No. I don't think that way at all.

    I enjoyed 4 through 6 because the story was better thought out and the acting was a hell of a lot better (I say this while also being a huge Natalie Portman fan)

  13. #2053
    High Overlord Celtic209's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    107
    And Lysah gets Incompetent Tie Fighter Pilot #2

    I disagree about the Original Trilogy. It was just an awesome overall story. And it wasn't as focused on special effects as the prequel trilogy was.

    Ill agree the prequel trilogy definitely had its moments but the Original was the best IMO.

    And lol as Qui-Gon: Worst Jedi ever I quite liked Liam Neeson as a jedi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danner
    In the last 8 games I have been part of, I have been scum 6 times, a scummy moderator once, and a scum lover once. If we are to extrapolate this, the town should jump all over me to lynch me since lynching me is a good deal 100% of the time!

  14. #2054
    Mechagnome Rollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    California
    Posts
    540
    <-----Plagius plox.
    wyrd bið ful aræd

  15. #2055
    Quote Originally Posted by Celtic209 View Post
    And lol as Qui-Gon: Worst Jedi ever I quite liked Liam Neeson as a jedi.
    Really? I don't sense anything...
    Win and live. Lose and die.
    Rule of life. No change rule.
    Running worse than losing.
    Random casual stuff now


  16. #2056
    Bloodsail Admiral Decagon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Unfortunately, Central Utah
    Posts
    1,099
    I have no doubt my preference for the 5th and 4th over the other movies is entirely rose-tinted goggles, but that doesn't mean it changes my opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    "And nothing was ever heard from Deca again"

  17. #2057
    Mechagnome Rollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    California
    Posts
    540
    Ep. 1 should have been cut up to where 80-90% of the movie was skipped through or altered. The beginning of Ep. 2 should have been during Ep. 1 with the younger Anikan. The middle of Ep. 2 and all of Ep. 3 should have been the second movie, minus the end of Ep. 3. Anikan and ObiWan should have had two fights. One at the end of Ep. 2 resulting in a draw, and one at the end of Ep. 3 ending the same way as on Musafar. I would have loved to see an entire movie of Lord Vader in non robotic form hunting down Jedi instead of a 10-15 minute tidbit of it. 2000% better. FACT
    wyrd bið ful aræd

  18. #2058
    Quote Originally Posted by Celtic209 View Post
    This is also wrong :P

    5 > 4 > 6 > 3 > 2 > > > > > > > > > > 1
    3 > 4 > 6 > 1 > Twilight > 2 > 5

  19. #2059
    High Overlord Celtic209's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    107
    Quote Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
    3 > 4 > 6 > 1 > Twilight > 2 > 5
    I loled at this so much. +1 internets to you greeney

    - - - Updated - - -

    Oh and Greeney - You get Biggs Darklighter now
    Quote Originally Posted by Danner
    In the last 8 games I have been part of, I have been scum 6 times, a scummy moderator once, and a scum lover once. If we are to extrapolate this, the town should jump all over me to lynch me since lynching me is a good deal 100% of the time!

  20. #2060
    Quote Originally Posted by ElyPop View Post
    1, 2 and 3 > 4, 5 and 6.

    Also, Grievous plx.
    Omg I can't be around you anymore.

    - - - Updated - - -

    I've seen all the movies, read a good deal of the expanded universe books, etc etc.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •